would .25 mg work?

BARCA

Established Member
Reaction score
I am planning to start with fourth a pill every day...would that still fight male pattern baldness?
also how long does it take finasteride to arrive from unitedphamacies? its been 8 days

billythekid

Established Member
Reaction score
there was a graph somewhere that should dosage of finasteride and effect on dht.
search the forums and see if you can find it if you think it will help.

the graph doesn't necessarily agree with the following link, which has info that suggests 0.2mg is as effective as 1mg.

http://www.hairloss-research.org/Update ... an-08.html

if i could start over, i would be taking 0.25mg

BARCA

Established Member
Reaction score
finpecia arrived this morning..I am so exited and scared at the same time...pill is too small to cut in fourths...so I think I am gonna buy a pill cutter and cut it in halfs..wish me good luck

Jack82

Established Member
Reaction score
Good luck dude, i'm on 1/3 of a pill for 7 months. It gave me sides on 1mg, no sides right now. If you don't have similar problems try the normal dose and see what happens, you can reduce it anytime if you get sides.

BARCA

Established Member
Reaction score
Jack82 said:
Good luck dude, i'm on 1/3 of a pill for 7 months. It gave me sides on 1mg, no sides right now. If you don't have similar problems try the normal dose and see what happens, you can reduce it anytime if you get sides.

thanks dude..but how can u cut such a small pill into thirds? I got a pill cutter from walgreens...but I think there is no way u can get 4 even parts of finpecia pill..I have not tried cutting it into 3 parts yet..what do u use?

BARCA

Established Member
Reaction score
ok day 4 with 0.5 mg...and I am more horny than ever...but my erections seem to be a little different...I am not sure in a good or bad way..and thats it.....hairwise there is no difference Duh!!

malibujoe

Established Member
Reaction score
BARCA said:
ok day 4 with 0.5 mg...and I am more horny than ever...but my erections seem to be a little different...I am not sure in a good or bad way..and thats it.....hairwise there is no difference Duh!!

it could be a placebo effect. or you could've been depressed about hairloss and now that you are adressing it your under less stress...which could equate to relaxation and arousal. or you could've always been horny but so occupied with hair loss that u never realized it.

bottom line is anything you are feeling this short after starting a medicine could very well be placebo.

gl

billythekid

Established Member
Reaction score
it's not a placebo effect.

you are taking a drug, and it has increased your testosterone levels.

this will happen at the start, then your t-levels will level off again.

this could be normal

but in my case, it followed with really bad sides and had to quit finasteride.

you should search the forums to see which other users experienced this, and whether or not they got bad sides later on.

it's probably just normal though

Jack82

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't search for other stories because your mind may start playing tricks with you, just pop the pills, if you get sides or disfunction you'll be sure about it, believe me. Then you can stop taking it.

I'm not cutting the finasteride by myself, my pharmacist does it for me, he crushes the proscar and puts it in capsules of 0,3mg in each one ;)

good luck

BARCA

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for ur feedback guys...it is day 7 I know its a short period but I am gonna tell u what happened down there...I can get it up so easley, erections are fine mabye more intense, sex drive is good as usual, semen quantity is normal, and my chest does not hurt.....but on day 4 I noticed that my semen was not as thick as it used to be, its just less thicker...day 5 and 6 lowerd the dose from 0.5 to 0.25 and my semen got back to its normal thickness during those two days....day 7 this morning, I took half a pill (0.5mg) and my semen seemed a little watery again.....this is the only side I got so far....my mind played alot of tricks with me...but this one is not.
watery semen is really not a big problem for me since erections are fine...do u guys think its a serious issue? which dose should I continue with?
BTW I am taking 25mg of zinc every day I heard it blocks estrogen.
hairwise: big huge shed...good thing right?

billythekid

Established Member
Reaction score
BARCA said:
hairwise: big huge shed...good thing right?

hopefully it is. just don't stress or anything.
take finasteride at .25mg consistently for 3-months then evaluate things. from your short history it appears your body functions normally at that dose.

i'm not sure about zinc, i think you will only benefit if your body is zinc deficient. the rda is 11mg
studies note that it is a 5-ar inhibitor but there are also conflicting studies on zinc supplementation and the effect on hormones like test and dht.

BARCA

Established Member
Reaction score
ok I stayed on 0.5 mg...its week 2 and my semen is back to normal...shedding slowed down.

sammo

Established Member
Reaction score
dude, settle down and relax.... dont obsess over minor details...

i was doing that when i started, and as someone earlier your mind can play tricks on you if you allow it. just be firm, positive and methodical.

was on 1mg for about 2 months then noticed very watery seaman / not as much pleasure in ejaculation/ occasional sharp pains. although ppl say sides like this go away, there are some stories that say it doesnt. i read that lower doses were still effective, so basically im just on 0.25mg a day, with no sides.

:)

everyones diff, mabye try 0.5 for a week and see how u go.

BARCA

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks dude, yeah I think I am worrying too much about this...I even visit these forums like three times a day....currently I happy with 0.5 mg and I think I am gonna stick with it.
bty I been on the foam for like a year..with nothing more than maintaining...do u think finasteride will boost the results?

BARCA

Established Member
Reaction score
first month is over....no sides to report on---) big relief
shedding stopped....but my hair looks like sh*t :(

sammo

Established Member
Reaction score
mabye try stepping up to 3/4... thats what ive done in the last few days... my hairs thinning at crown now, almost noticeable... plus ive started revivogen 2 months ago, so am hoping that kicks into action. one last hoorah before the male pattern baldness train hits my youthful 21 year old head.

sammo :)

BARCA

Established Member
Reaction score
hey guys...I bought some finasteride from unitedpharmacies..today is day 13 and it has not arrived yet..is this normal?...my previous order arrived in 10 days