Worst possible finasteride side?? Help needed

davepeters3345

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

As some of you know, I have been on finasteride for about 3.5 weeks now. Only side (up to yesterday...) was slight gyno in my right breast that subsided.

HOWEVER. Something very scary happened last night, and I cannot stop thinking about it. I was with a girl and could NOT GET HARD. This has never happened to me before. Ever. We tried for an hour and it just could not get an erection. I've never been so embarrassed. I usually get hard in a second so its really stressing me out.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I can still get hard very easily when I masturbate and watch p**rn. Ejaculation is unchanged, semen is the same, boner quality is the same. I also still get morning wood. So I still masturbate 3-5 times per week, and I get boners very easily while watching p**rn. However yesterday, with a real girl, I could not get hard.

I spoke with my doctor and he said since I can still jerk off easily it is most likely emotional and not finasteride related, but I am still very nervous. Hair does not matter to me if it puts my member in danger...

Can anyone relate? ADVICE NEEDED ASAP

Cheers

0-100realquick

Established Member
Reaction score
Stop fapping 5 times a week and you will be able to get a rock hard stiffy by even looking at a girl. Obviously that won't happen, but if you do cut down on masturbating it should help. I am not telling you to partake in NOFAP, all i am saying is to reduce your masturbation/p**rn to maybe twice a week. OR maybe the problem was that you were nervous with this girl.

davepeters3345

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought so too, but I am experienced with women and don't get nervous. That's what stressing me out so hard. I agree that I fap too much lol. I'll cut it down to 2-3 times per week but it seriously stressed me out. Literally could not get a boner and this girl was a solid 10

BurlFranklin

Reaction score
There is a simple answer above. Basically you need to stop playing with your wanker so much. If you need more insight, consult Maxou.

davepeters3345

Established Member
Reaction score
There is a simple answer above. Basically you need to stop playing with your wanker so much. If you need more insight, consult Maxou.

hahah I hope so. I'm seeing her again soon so I wont jerk off until then. If I still have ED i'm getting off finasteride. Will keep you bros updated

DFWdesperado

My Regimen
Reaction score
Were you liquored up? If so that couldve played a role..or it could've been nerves like you said.
Good luck

davepeters3345

Established Member
Reaction score
Were you liquored up? If so that couldve played a role..or it could've been nerves like you said.
Good luck

No alcohol. I doubt it was nerves once again because I am experienced with women. Maybe its my mind playing tricks. Well see how it goes next week when I lower my jerking off. If it happens again i'm running from finasteride

g.i joey

Reaction score
Bro same thing happened to me. The only time I was able to get it going was when she gave me oral. BTW I met with her next day and I was fine (on finasteride) so i think the subconcious thought kf knowjng your on finasteride combined wkth nerves can have some sort of effect. Honestly what I've learned after 4 months on finasteride is that if you're gonna have some serious intercourse just don't take it that day. I find it gives ur libido a little extra force. Maybe its psychological, but it works for me. One thing I noticed about finasteride is that when I smoke weed I'm not as easily turned on as I used to be

davepeters3345

Established Member
Reaction score
Bro same thing happened to me. The only time I was able to get it going was when she gave me oral. BTW I met with her next day and I was fine (on finasteride) so i think the subconcious thought kf knowjng your on finasteride combined wkth nerves can have some sort of effect. Honestly what I've learned after 4 months on finasteride is that if you're gonna have some serious intercourse just don't take it that day. I find it gives ur libido a little extra force. Maybe its psychological, but it works for me. One thing I noticed about finasteride is that when I smoke weed I'm not as easily turned on as I used to be

Yes I really hope its this. I think I was nervous and thinking that since i'm on finasteride I'll have problems. I wont take it that day next time I see her.

Cheers bros and will keep you updated

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE: Still looking for someone who has experienced something similar. I am 20 years old and never had a problem with ED. I decided to partake in a little NOFAP experiment for the next month and stay far away from p**rn, but I always watched p**rn before finasteride and I was able to get hard.

Again: I am still able to get hard at random times during the day, but the erection quickly subsides, unlike before. I think I am now in a bad cycle of being very stressed and constantly trying to make myself get a boner. Any advice??

Huntsman

Reaction score
Yes I really hope its this. I think I was nervous and thinking that since i'm on finasteride I'll have problems. I wont take it that day next time I see her.

Cheers bros and will keep you updated

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE: Still looking for someone who has experienced something similar. I am 20 years old and never had a problem with ED. I decided to partake in a little NOFAP experiment for the next month and stay far away from p**rn, but I always watched p**rn before finasteride and I was able to get hard.

Again: I am still able to get hard at random times during the day, but the erection quickly subsides, unlike before. I think I am now in a bad cycle of being very stressed and constantly trying to make myself get a boner. Any advice??

here is your similar story! Had the same in the beginning of this year. Was very p**rn addictied though my teenage years (p**rn is our nightmare of our childhood).

Tried No Fap and one month later started finasterd. After 4 Days i left the treatment because of a growing ED and libido loss. Im not sure, if i crashed or not. Im still not the old after 7 weeks of, but i know sth. about a very common "flatline" during this no fap. I think in my case, im in a mix of both maybe. Pls listen to nobody, this drug is really potent!!!

I will never be the old after No Fap and this scarry drug use, but keep in mind, that keeping hair is not so important than having a healthy sexdrive, which also includes mental functions, not just your boner!

Feel free to ask anything.

MEVOYACURAR

Established Member
Reaction score
Your problems have nothing to do with fap-p**rn addiction. 3-5 times a week at 20 yo... I am not saying is entirely related to finasteride because you have been only on it 4 weeks and still have spontaneous, morning, natural boners. However, it is possibly somehow due to the drug or/plus psycological factors. Your masturbation habits are very normal.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTE: I can still get hard very easily when I masturbate and watch p**rn. Ejaculation is unchanged, semen is the same, boner quality is the same. I also still get morning wood. So I still masturbate 3-5 times per week, and I get boners very easily while watching p**rn.

Usually I would worry about it, but your own post really gives you all the answers you need.

davepeters3345

Established Member
Reaction score
Your problems have nothing to do with fap-p**rn addiction. 3-5 times a week at 20 yo... I am not saying is entirely related to finasteride because you have been only on it 4 weeks and still have spontaneous, morning, natural boners. However, it is possibly somehow due to the drug or/plus psycological factors. Your masturbation habits are very normal.

Thats what I'm thinking. I'm not going to watch p**rn and try to forget about it for the next week and see how it goes. If I have erection troubles I'll have to recheck my options.

Is ED common on finasteride?

- - - Updated - - -

Usually I would worry about it, but your own post really gives you all the answers you need.

I hope your right dude. Is ED common with finasteride?

MEVOYACURAR

Established Member
Reaction score
Erectile dysfunction is not only related to DHT suppresion. I would say that the hormone plays little role and it is more into libido, aggresiveness and all the male things. However, pay attention to your erections' quality during treatment. That 6 months mark is merely indicative, everyone's different and it is better stop when you have just little problems. Be calm, enjoy hair but keep on checking your sexual abilities. Sides exist.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nope ED this soon is not possible.
Normally you experience it after 6 months or more
This is completely wrong. Go read some studies on finasteride side effect incidence.

Nadester

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Before i started finasteride(for a month) i looked into most of side effects and the only reason one can get WITHIN A MONTH would mean like he is very stressed and depressed( Not that good with words). Any ways ED THIS SOON IS NOT POSSIBLE. I stand by it.

Reaction score
It's all in your head. The first time I went to have sex I couldn't get hard. I finally got drunk as hell, banged it out, and never had the problem again.