My palms are just sweating from watching the video. :shock:

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
:crazy:

i wonder how much they paid ...

cuebald

Reaction score
Climbing up the ladder I could do. That's enclosed.
It's when he reaches the top of the ladder, climbs out OVER the side and top and then climbs the rest on just the structure itself (as if it was a rock face) that gets me.

In addition to my tools, I'd pack a parachute.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cuebald said:
In addition to my tools, I'd pack a parachute.

lol i was thinking the same :)

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I would lose all my hair just from the stress of having a job like that........................ :woot:

oni

Reaction score
It seems like an ok job to me, not really scary, not too many variables involved.

The real scary jobs are the ones that involve too many life threatening unknowns.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Obsidian said:
same here
i wouldn't mind the climbing if i had 2 safty ropes but i would design a transmission tower to have a caged ladder all the way up

oni

Reaction score
somone uk said:
Obsidian said:
same here
i wouldn't mind the climbing if i had 2 safty ropes but i would design a transmission tower to have a caged ladder all the way up

Sorry to say because it is a transmission tower a caged ladder would cause interference.

This is probably the safest and most cost effective method to maintain this tower.

Most of the things these climbers were doing, you would not think twice about if you were only 5 feet off the ground. If you have no fear of heights it is not a problem.

39527-animals_fear_heights.jpg