Working out = hair loss?

John979

Established Member
Reaction score
2
Long-term training, especially distance aerobic training, tends to lower testosterone levels. Short-term anaerobic training does spike testosterone.

For years I rode a bicycle hundreds of miles per week. I doubt it had any affect on my hair loss.

Regarding professional athletes, don't make any observations there as most have used a doping product in their life, which is so evident in the NFL and NBA.
 

mothernature

Established Member
Reaction score
2
well look at wayne rooney, im sure he does alot of long term aerobic training when he plays football but hes going more bald than most of us here
 

andysutils

Member
Reaction score
0
mothernature said:
andy^ working out increases testosterone which gets converted into DHT. Apparently working out increases DHT by 30%. Thats what im worried about.
From a long term steroid user and someone who has blood results taken year in year out every 3-6 months of the year and who is already on HRT, I can absolotly on my very soul assure you that if of testosterone converted to 30% DHT, there would be no such thing as steroids and no such thing as any hair left on your scalp because on that statement alone every lifter on the planet would be 250lbs of pure muscle entering mr olympia :D because DHT is about 10x more anabolic and androgenic than testosterone.


The total count of male testosterone converts to around 5% DHT, not 30% so you have no worries about DHT and working out so go lift some weights :)
 

freakout

Experienced Member
Reaction score
2
Sorry for the off topic. Just responding to a joke.

dougfunny said:
Eating pizza causes hair loss.
Eating pizza might actually prevent hair loss. :)

The Italians have lower cases of prostate cancer. This was attributed to lots of tomatoes in pizza and spaghetti.

In two studies, prostate cancer was associated with baldness.

Hence, the Italians may also have lower cases of baldness.
 

mothernature

Established Member
Reaction score
2
i just came from the gym... was looking at the hair lines and alot of guys were bald/balding there.. saying that most were generally in their 30s or older.

Not saying anything just observing this fact.
 

andysutils

Member
Reaction score
0
mothernature said:
i just came from the gym... was looking at the hair lines and alot of guys were bald/balding there.. saying that most were generally in their 30s or older.

Not saying anything just observing this fact.
how big were these bald guys?
 

mothernature

Established Member
Reaction score
2
andysutils said:
mothernature said:
i just came from the gym... was looking at the hair lines and alot of guys were bald/balding there.. saying that most were generally in their 30s or older.

Not saying anything just observing this fact.
how big were these bald guys?

big and broad, bodybuilder types.
 

andysutils

Member
Reaction score
0
mothernature said:
andysutils said:
mothernature said:
i just came from the gym... was looking at the hair lines and alot of guys were bald/balding there.. saying that most were generally in their 30s or older.

Not saying anything just observing this fact.
how big were these bald guys?

big and broad, bodybuilder types.
Thought as much :)
 

freakout

Experienced Member
Reaction score
2
JohnNYC said:
Long-term training, especially distance aerobic training, tends to lower testosterone levels. Short-term anaerobic training does spike testosterone.
It is the hypotensive state that occurs after every heavy exericises is what makes susceptible athletes lose hair. Addressing this hypotensive state is part of my regimen because I also do a bit of workouts just for fitness -not body building.
 

Broken

Member
Reaction score
0
Then again I could say all the bald guys who are not getting some, have turned to the gym to pass their time. :dunno:

Here is what is my experience - 5-6 different gyms in the past 3-4 years, of the ripped guys (like peapoddy, age between 20-40), more than 80% had perfect hairlines, less than 10% were worse than NW3 and the rest 10% from NW1-NW2 around that mark.
Infact, I did not have hairloss when I was working out and it suddenly hit me when I turned into a couch potato drinking/smoking and doing zero working out/any fitness activity.
 

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
9
I see no more balding men in my gym than I do on the street or in my office.
 

shineman921

Established Member
Reaction score
5
Fundi said:
I see no more balding men in my gym than I do on the street or in my office.

...but yet on every body building forum there is a section on hair/scalp care. Why would that be if there were no links?
 

s.a.f

Senior Member
Reaction score
54
Where the bald guys at????
[attachment=0:z8gaai1a]lineup-sm.jpg[/attachment:z8gaai1a]

shineman921 said:
Fundi said:
I see no more balding men in my gym than I do on the street or in my office.

...but yet on every body building forum there is a section on hair/scalp care. Why would that be if there were no links?

Because bodybuilders are the vainest people on the planet.
 

Attachments

  • lineup-sm.jpg
    lineup-sm.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 235

shineman921

Established Member
Reaction score
5
s.a.f said:
Where the bald guys at????
[attachment=0:3kl15yqo]lineup-sm.jpg[/attachment:3kl15yqo]

shineman921 said:
Fundi said:
I see no more balding men in my gym than I do on the street or in my office.

...but yet on every body building forum there is a section on hair/scalp care. Why would that be if there were no links?

Because bodybuilders are the vainest people on the planet.

LOL! Very true indeed.
 

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
63
s.a.f said:
Because bodybuilders are the vainest people on the planet.
And a lot of people on bodybuilding forums use steroids

Believe it or not, I've seen posts in bodybuilding forums where people accept baldness instead of taking finasteride because they believe DHT suppression is going to screw their cycles

By the way, Jay Cutler's hair is starting to thin. I wonder how he takes care of his hair while on cycle.
 

andysutils

Member
Reaction score
0
bigentries said:
s.a.f said:
Because bodybuilders are the vainest people on the planet.
And a lot of people on bodybuilding forums use steroids

Believe it or not, I've seen posts in bodybuilding forums where people accept baldness instead of taking finasteride because they believe DHT suppression is going to screw their cycles

By the way, Jay Cutler's hair is starting to thin. I wonder how he takes care of his hair while on cycle.
He probably doesnt have to, DHT supression can screw with your cycles depending on what compounds your using, Hairloss on gear is elavated either if your genetically prone to going bald, DHT combined only in a high estrogen environment or if you are sensetive to high androgen levels.
 

s.a.f

Senior Member
Reaction score
54
bigentries said:
By the way, Jay Cutler's hair is starting to thin. I wonder how he takes care of his hair while on cycle.

Is he? He is in his late 30's btw. If DHT was ever going to have any effect on him he'd have been bald since the 1990's. All the top bodybuilders would have.
This is just more evidence that its either in your genes or it is'nt.

Even Ronnie Coleman is'nt bald (he's just a shaver) I've seen video's of him from a few years back just before he retired with a flat top.

Look at Dorian Yates he did'nt start to show any signs of hairloss until about 10 years after he retired by then he was mid 40's. Are you saying that these guys hair suddenly became un resistant to DHT after decades of massive steriod cycles?
 

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
63
Sorry about Cutler, looking at recent pictures, he just has a terrible hair style. I thought he was trying to hide some thinning, but close analysis shows that his hair is still OK

You know, I looked at all Olympia winners because I was thinking at least Oliva showed some signs of baldness, but no, all of them had decents heads of hair, Columbu's hair was amazing. Even Dexter Jackson seems to still have his hair intact

While there are horrible stories about testosterone use and devastating hair loss, it's kinda sad to know that all these guys kept their hair intact after years of steroid use

And we take pills to keep our hair :(
 
Top