Work In Progress Hair System: Norwood 4 Custom

TheLoneWigMaker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For wearing around acquaintances who have known me in my earlier days, I decided to make a special "Norwood 4" hair system. The trick to this one is a receded hairline/temples, ~60% density around the "horseshoe" area, and then 40-50% density on the top and front, slowly graduating to even 30% in some areas of the crown and hairline. I'm a little nervous that the density in some areas won't be enough to hide the lace, but my curiosity has the best of me.

In the pictures, you can see where I drew the receded hairline (compare to the "full" hairline in the very front), as well as drew a crown swirl. The inside "horseshoe" will be the transition area between 60% and 40%. The dashed lines show hair ventilation direction.

All hair will be single-knotted, single-stand, cross-ventilated. The triangles I've sewn into the Swiss lace are called "darts" and it's how you make a flat sheet of lace take on the curvature of your custom head block.

The blocking and darts took 4 hours, and so far I've spent 2 hours ventilating, so... it's gonna be a while :)

Attachments

• VentilationDay1.jpg
    VentilationDay1.jpg
    341.6 KB · Views: 216
  • Darts1.jpg
    Darts1.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 216
  • Darts2.jpg
    Darts2.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 216

Noah

Reaction score
So the idea is that your old acquaintances will believe you are NW4, but wearing a hairpiece to look like you are NW0, when in fact you are really NW7 but wearing a hairpiece to look like you are NW4?

Devious!

TheLoneWigMaker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know it's not my business, but if you don't mind sharing, I'd be interested to know why you are doing this ^^

Do you normally socialize in entirely different circles (different city?) where you simulate NW1, and then when you meet up with old friends who know you've been balding, you try to simulate NW4, because it's believable and better than NW7?

100%! Not different cities, but I've got my old circle of acquaintances who knew me back when I really was a Norwood 4/5 and my new "hip" friends who have seen me only with hair.

I'd rather not cause any drama with the legacy group. Plus, I get a kick out of the novelty.

TheLoneWigMaker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So the idea is that your old acquaintances will believe you are NW4, but wearing a hairpiece to look like you are NW0, when in fact you are really NW7 but wearing a hairpiece to look like you are NW4?

Devious!

Playing both sides! Although my normal systems are designed like NW2s. They just look more natural on me and give me an appropriate mature look (late 30s).

Noah

Reaction score
Wow, that's a whole new level of dedication to the illusion. To add extra authenticity you could also do a fake NW2 front partial piece which fits in front of your NW4 piece. Then, after a few whiskies with your home boys when everyone is in unbuttoned mood, you could casually peel off the partial, to reveal the NW4 hairline!

TheLoneWigMaker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Guys, I haven't been honest. I've been wearing a cover for my hairline. *rip* here's my REAL, somewhat thinning hair!" (Glue starts running down from all sides).