Women Hair Transplant Patient - Before And After Photos - 1,640 Grafts

Bernstein Medical

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bernstein Medical - Center for Hair Restoration Patient FPK came to us with thinning at the hairline. Her "after" photos were taken one year after a hair transplant consisting of 1,640 follicular unit grafts.

Overview:

beforeafter_fb_fpk.jpg

Before / After:

0a_before_fpk.jpg

Before Hair Transplant

0b_after_fpk.jpg

After One Hair Transplant

Detail of Hairline:

1a_before-hair-transplant_fpk.jpg

Before Transplant

1b_position-of-hairline_fpk.jpg

Position of Planned Hairline

1c_after-hair-transplant_fpk.jpg

Result After 1st Session

Top View:

Steps in hairline design and recipient site creation.

2a_before-hair-transplant-top-view_fpk.jpg

Before Hair Transplant

2b_graft-placement_fpk.jpg

After Placement of 1,640 Grafts - Top View

2c_after-hair-transplant_fpk.jpg

Results After 1 Year

See patients with similar characteristics in the Bernstein Medical photo galleries:

• Surgical Sessions: 1 Session
  • Hair Character: Light Brown, Gray

Additional Resources:

• View Patient FPK's photo profile at Bernstein Medical
  • Visit our Hair Transplant Photos galleries or browse our patients by their Ludwig Class
  • Interested in a consultation? Click here to schedule a consult or here to read about our consultations
  • New to hair restoration? Read our comprehensive guide to Hair Transplant surgery or our Hair Transplant FAQ
  • Visit the Bernstein Medical YouTube channel

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Do women have shock loss less than men? Do you ever do this same procedure on men with the same exact hair loss patten?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do women have shock loss less than men? Do you ever do this same procedure on men with the same exact hair loss patten?

I have yet to encounter a woman on any forum who had a successful hair transplant
Everyone I spoke to regretted it so far.
Scarey.

I wish women who had successful ones would post about their experience.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have yet to encounter a woman on any forum who had a successful hair transplant
Scarey.

The success stories I've seen are of black women getting their traction alopecia fixed. Granted I haven't really sought out women's transplant results so much

EDIT: if you go on youtube and search "female hair transplant" some stuff comes up

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The success stories I've seen are of black women getting their traction alopecia fixed. Granted I haven't really sought out women's transplant results so much

EDIT: if you go on youtube and search "female hair transplant" some stuff comes up

Bernstein Medical

My Regimen
Reaction score

The risk of shock hair loss is generally greater in women than in men since women usually have a more diffuse pattern of thinning. This is because females generally have more miniaturized hair – the hair that is most subject to post-op shedding.

This question is answered on our website: https://goo.gl/LxYADa.

Yes, with the same pattern the procedure would be the same.

Bernstein Medical

My Regimen
Reaction score
Scarey.

We have before and after photos for two dozen women in our female hair transplant gallery, including patients of varying hair types. For example, see the profile for Patient MPV, who wrote us a letter describing how happy she was with the outcome of her hair transplant.

Bernstein Medical

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd like to know if success is possible with a diffuse pattern. I have the same pattern as this woman but more advanced in the back and with sides thinning a little bit.
Is successful transplant achievable for a woman and under what criterias?

Hair transplant success is possible with a diffuse pattern, although there are many factors that determine if hair transplant surgery is the best treatment option for you. Read about candidacy for hair transplants in women here: https://goo.gl/2Jns6f.

Here is a link to a video of Dr. Wolfeld explaining what makes a women a good candidate. https://goo.gl/pnZKiq

Bernstein Medical

My Regimen
Reaction score

We cover this topic on our channel as well:

More resources related to women’s hair loss are below:

Video: How Does Hair Transplantation in Women Compare to Procedures for Men?

All Videos: Hair Loss in Women

Answers: Hair Loss Topic in Women