Woman With Dupa ( Diffuse Unpatterned Hairloss)

Ivi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
S
I'm sorry you don't believe in Naturopathic Doctors as they could be helpful to uncover the root cause of your hair thinning. A Naturopathic Doctor with expertise in Women's Hormones would be ideal.

Do you have hair photos already posted somewhere on this forum? If you have them, perhaps someone would recognize a pattern to your hair loss and offer better insight.

If you decide you really want to trial a Bi-estro or Estriol Cream then just go ahead and do a google search, "buy Bi-estro cream" or "buy estriol cream".

This brand is reputable and the lavender package version of it is Paraben Free so I'd go for that one if you are able
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009WIUZQ0
Sorry I haven't noticed your respond. Thank you so much!
Product which you suggested has 3 different estrogens. Can you explain me how it may help? Because I am totally layperson.

Ivi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sorry you don't believe in Naturopathic Doctors as they could be helpful to uncover the root cause of your hair thinning. A Naturopathic Doctor with expertise in Women's Hormones would be ideal.

Do you have hair photos already posted somewhere on this forum? If you have them, perhaps someone would recognize a pattern to your hair loss and offer better insight.

If you decide you really want to trial a Bi-estro or Estriol Cream then just go ahead and do a google search, "buy Bi-estro cream" or "buy estriol cream".

This brand is reputable and the lavender package version of it is Paraben Free so I'd go for that one if you are able
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009WIUZQ0
And The link doesn't work now :(

Ticken

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And The link doesn't work now :(
Here is an alternate link for Smoky Mountian Estro Life
Sorry I haven't noticed your respond. Thank you so much!
Product which you suggested has 3 different estrogens. Can you explain me how it may help? Because I am totally layperson.
The above product contains one type of estrogen only, Estriol.
This OTC is a low dose Estriol, meaning that it unlikely to raise your systemic Estriol notably, if used at a dose of 1 pump per day applied to scalp.

You must do your own research to decide if it is a treatment that is right for your type of hair loss.

If you search through the forums for "Estriol" you can read about other's experiences using Estriol on their scalp.
Keep in mind Topical Estriol has worked for some and not for others. If low estrogen is the root cause of your hair thinning it may help.

Last edited:

Ivi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is an alternate link for Smoky Mountian Estro Life

The above product contains one type of estrogen only, Estriol.
This OTC is a low dose Estriol, meaning that it unlikely to raise your systemic Estriol notably, if used at a dose of 1 pump per day applied to scalp.

You must do your own research to decide if it is a treatment that is right for your type of hair loss.

I'm a "layperson" also. I am not a medical professional. I would imagine most everyone in this forum is a layperson.
If you search through this site using "Estriol" you can read about other's experiences using Estriol on their scalp.
Keep in mind Topical Estriol has worked for some here and not for others. If low estrogen is the root cause of your hair thinning it may help.

In addition to Prolactin and Cortisol (as DarkHairHair suggested) I'd also encourage you to have all your Adrenal Androgens tested (DHEA-S, Aldosterone, Androstenedione, Pregnenolone).
Do you think if I can mix birthcontrol pills and the product you recommended?

Is that product has also 3 different types of Estrogens?

Ticken

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think if I can mix birthcontrol pills and the product you recommended?

Is that product has also 3 different types of Estrogens?
If you do the research and find a compelling reason to use birthcontrol pills you could use both at the same time. The problem with adding 2 new treatments at once is that if you have positive or adverse effects a few months down the road it is tricky to tell what is doing what.

The Smoky Mountain Estro-life contains only Estriol (1 mg per pump, which is a very small amount of Estriol).
It does not contain any other Estrogens.

Also, for females, the best treatment for hair growth is our own natural estrogen (estradiol & estriol) and natural progesterone produced by our ovaries. If we are not producing healthy levels of estrogen and progesterone on our own, the second best is "bioidentical" estradiol & estriol and bioidentical progesterone. BirthControl pills do not contain bioidentical e and p. Bcp's contain "synthetic" forms of estrogen and progesterone (progestins).

Last edited:

Ivi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you do the research and find a compelling reason to use birthcontrol pills you could use both at the same time. The problem with adding 2 new treatments at once is that if you have positive or adverse effects a few months down the road it is tricky to tell what is doing what.

The Smoky Mountain Estro-life contains only Estriol (1 mg per pump, which is a very small amount of Estriol).
It does not contain any other Estrogens.
I see.. At the beginning you suggested me the product with 3 different Estrogens.. Now , This product has only 1. What would be better in your opinion? 3 different Estrogens wouldn't be better?

Do you know what Birth Control would be good? I mean considering type of estrogen used in pills.

Ticken

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see.. At the beginning you suggested me the product with 3 different Estrogens.. Now , This product has only 1. What would be better in your opinion? 3 different Estrogens wouldn't be better?
Can you show me the link to the E product with 3 different types you are referring to? I'm not aware of an over the counter estrogen product with 3 types of E. You may have misread the product description.

There is a another product by Life Flo called "Bi-estro" which has 2 types of bioidentical E (80% Estriol and 20% Estradiol). This Life Flo Bi-estro cream would also be a good topical estrogen option for you. Take a read through the hormone discussions, you will find Bi-estro is the over the counter topical bioidentical estrogen product that is most commonly being used in those hormone threads.

Last edited:

Ticken

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know what Birth Control would be good? I mean considering type of estrogen used in pills.
I don't know of any birth control pills that are "good" for hair growth. All birth control pills contain synthetic forms of estrogen and progesterone (progestin). This is the reason that birth controls will never "fix" hormonal hair loss. There are no birth control pills (at least not yet) that contain bioidentical forms of estrogen and/or progesterone.

If you are looking for a form of birth control to mainly prevent pregnancy there are a few non-hormonal options to choose from that would not adversely affect hair follicles.

Last edited:

camille leprevost

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guy i have some more info toward DUPA.

Since my last blood test, my endocrinologist just got me tested for free cortisol via urine as it is the free version of cortisol that count and not total cortisol. Here is my range.
83 microg/l (20-50)
229 nmol/l (55-138)

I have almost two times more that the normal range, do you think there could be a link to hair loss ?.

Best regards

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guy i have some more info toward DUPA.

Since my last blood test, my endocrinologist just got me tested for free cortisol via urine as it is the free version of cortisol that count and not total cortisol. Here is my range.
83 microg/l (20-50)
229 nmol/l (55-138)

I have almost two times more that the normal range, do you think there could be a link to hair loss ?.

Best regards
I am assuming you are in Europe. Did you get the health that you were seeking related to estradiol? I looked at your tests but you use different units in Europe.

ButWhyTho

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm a little confused. The lab values that you posted show that you are vitamin D deficient. In fact you have less than half of the minimum range. Vitamin D deficiency has been linked to hairloss.

Source:
Does vitamin D deficiency cause hair loss? ResearchTrusted Source shows that a lack of vitamin D in your body can lead to hair loss. One role vitamin D plays is stimulating new and old hair follicles. When there isn’t enough vitamin D in your system, new hair growth can be stunted. Vitamin D deficiency has been linked to alopecia, the autoimmune condition that causes bald patches on the scalp and other areas of the body. Both men and women can experience alopecia. Another studyTrusted Source found that women 18 to 45 years old who experienced alopecia or other types of hair loss had low levels of vitamin D.

Conclusion: Low serum ferritin and vitamin D2 are associated with hair loss in females with Telogen Effluvium and FPHL. Screening to establish these levels in cases of hair loss and supplementing with them when they are deficient may be beneficial in the treatment of disease.

Perhaps try correcting the deficiency before additional hormonal treatments..
I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned. I did not see anything in the thread discussing the deficiency.

Ivi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am assuming you are in Europe. Did you get the health that you were seeking related to estradiol? I looked at your tests but you use different units in Europe.
Do you know maybe what kind of products use men while hairrlos to regrowth it? I meam what kind of estradiol / Estriol.

camille leprevost

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm a little confused. The lab values that you posted show that you are vitamin D deficient. In fact you have less than half of the minimum range. Vitamin D deficiency has been linked to hairloss.

Source:
Does vitamin D deficiency cause hair loss? ResearchTrusted Source shows that a lack of vitamin D in your body can lead to hair loss. One role vitamin D plays is stimulating new and old hair follicles. When there isn’t enough vitamin D in your system, new hair growth can be stunted. Vitamin D deficiency has been linked to alopecia, the autoimmune condition that causes bald patches on the scalp and other areas of the body. Both men and women can experience alopecia. Another studyTrusted Source found that women 18 to 45 years old who experienced alopecia or other types of hair loss had low levels of vitamin D.

Conclusion: Low serum ferritin and vitamin D2 are associated with hair loss in females with Telogen Effluvium and FPHL. Screening to establish these levels in cases of hair loss and supplementing with them when they are deficient may be beneficial in the treatment of disease.

Perhaps try correcting the deficiency before additional hormonal treatments..
I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned. I did not see anything in the thread discussing the deficiency.
yes i am indeed taking vitamin D now since one month, 100000 ui every 15 days, but everybody is defficient with vitamin D, so i am not sure this is that causing it, i did not see any improvement since then. However during my different blood test, the marker that were clearly out of wack were also prolactin and cortisol. My prolactin level dropped in normal range after stopping finasteride, but my cortisol level and free cortisol are way to high, wich might increase my androgen sensitivity or maybe just pushed my androgen production of T and DHT way to much by the adrenal gland. I am a male by the way. I was wondering if topical estradiol might help indeed, but never tried that so far.
However as i have DUPA or female pattern baldness.
Maybe high free cortisol level can be one of the cause of this hairloss as it is clearly not normal to have almost 2 times above the range.
Wondering if anybody who have dupa or women here who have FPHL, have high free cortisol level.

Best regards

Ivi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you show me the link to the E product with 3 different types you are referring to? I'm not aware of an over the counter estrogen product with 3 types of E. You may have misread the product description.

There is a another product by Life Flo called "Bi-estro" which has 2 types of bioidentical E (80% Estriol and 20% Estradiol). This Life Flo Bi-estro cream would also be a good topical estrogen option for you. Take a read through the hormone discussions, you will find Bi-estro is the over the counter topical bioidentical estrogen product that is most commonly being used in those hormone threads.

Hello again. I am sorry for interruptibg but I am sure for 100 % I want to try an estrogen way to get any hair since I am lost. I wanted to buy what u recommended me last time but there is no shopping to Poland.. Would you be so nice and could you send me link with a good estrogel with shopping to Poland?

Ivi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Estrogel or Life Flo Biestro.
Do you know where can I get it without prescription? I have such a problem with finding one even in Amazon.. :/ any idea? I don't see shipping to Poland and now most of the products are sout of stock anyway.. :/

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know where can I get it without prescription? I have such a problem with finding one even in Amazon.. :/ any idea? I don't see shipping to Poland and now most of the products are sout of stock anyway.. :/
I get my Estrogel from Amazon4Health outof Thailand.

Ivi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score