Woman With Dupa ( Diffuse Unpatterned Hairloss)

Ticken

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have checked ferritin, iron, vitamid d and zinc. Everyrhing is fine.
OK, just be aware that "fine" (Normal) levels do not mean Optimal Levels for hair health. Your blood levels may be very low or very high but still within the "Normal" range. If your tested nutrient blood levels are low normal or high normal that may still be causing hair loss for you.
So do you have any idea how to cause any regrowing? Spironolactone, dutasteride and oral minoxidile don't help at all. 0 regrowing hair.
Have you tried all 3 of the above and had no decrease in shedding or increase in growth? How many months did you trial each one? Were they used concurrently?

Ticken

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So do you have any idea how to cause any regrowing? Spironolactone, dutasteride and oral minoxidile don't help at all. 0 regrowing hair.
If you are really set on using an Estrogen, I'd do a 6 month trial of a low dose topical OTC Bi-estro or Estriol Cream (applied to the scalp). Since you are a DUPA you would want to apply it over the entire scalp (1 pump per treatment so you may need to mix a bit of water into the daily amount you pump out).

At the same time, I'd encourage you to look into some natural DHT Blocker Oral supplements like Red Reishi, Green Tea Extract, GLA or Zinc.

Ivi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What exaxtly product you recomend? Because I would like to know what exactly product ask for my dermatologist? Or maybe something from internet, without prescription.

Last edited:

camille leprevost

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A complete set of blood tests investigating for nutrient (ferritin, iron, vitamin d, zinc etc) deficiencies and hormones would be super helpful to post in this thread if you have them.

Would you be able to get your Estradiol blood serum retested at it's highest point of your cycle (day 19-21) rather than the lowest point (day 3) so you know if low Estradiol Levels are actually contributing to your hair thinning?

I'd suggest not adding any Pharmaceutical Estradiol (like divigel) until you know exactly what type of hair loss you have and if that loss is actually due to Low Estradiol Level. Do you already have a confirmed diagnosis of Androgenetic Alopecia/FPHL from a Dermatologist? If you have confirmed diagnosis of Androgenetic Alopecia/FPHL, how was it diagnosed (scalp biopsy, DHT level, etc)?
Hello, do you have a full blood test yourself just like mine, I would like to check particularly for your cortisol and prolactin level.
Best regards

DarkHairHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have DUPA too and i am a man . I have never seen any recovery from DUPA.

It's the worst baldness evee

Ivi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OK, just be aware that "fine" (Normal) levels do not mean Optimal Levels for hair health. Your blood levels may be very low or very high but still within the "Normal" range. If your tested nutrient blood levels are low normal or high normal that may still be causing hair loss for you.

Have you tried all 3 of the above and had no decrease in shedding or increase in growth? How many months did you trial each one? Were they used concurrently?
I have been taking all of 3 Spironolactone, oral Mknoxidile and dutasteride for more than 6 months. My haorloss hasn't stopped - I mean my hairline nad the rest is going up, there is no regrowing.

Ticken

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been taking all of 3 Spironolactone, oral Mknoxidile and dutasteride for more than 6 months. My haorloss hasn't stopped - I mean my hairline nad the rest is going up, there is no regrowing.
Ivi, What does your Doctor or Dermatologist say about the 3 treatments not improving things for you?
Unfortunately, when it comes to hair, 6 months is a short time frame to trial a treatment.
You are probably aware that Minoxidil treatment does initially create more shedding for many people.
Have you had no reduction in shedding during the 5th or 6th month of those treatments?

Ivi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ivi, What does your Doctor or Dermatologist say about the 3 treatments not improving things for you?
Unfortunately, when it comes to hair, 6 months is a short time frame to trial a treatment.
You are probably aware that Minoxidil treatment does initially create more shedding for many people.
Have you had no reduction in shedding during the 5th or 6th month of those treatments?
She said that there is 30%-40%of people being resistant to treatment. And that's all she can do. The only really ' shedding' I had , was when I was a month after starting my treatment. It was terrible. I am sure that this treatment won't help me. My hair are falling out when I am sleeping, walking etc. Overtime but it's hard to notice. I told you that hairs just falling out and there is just empty skin. Without ant new hair. I news to put on something to cover the front of my head already. The rest of my head is also in bad condition.

So about what estrogen cream have you beed writing? Can I order it by internet?

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No treatment works for dupa, at least for me.

I don't think it is related to androgens

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried minoxidil, oral and topical, finasteride and ketoconazole shampoo of course.

Ivi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried minoxidil, oral and topical, finasteride and ketoconazole shampoo of course.
Mine problem is the fact that I am loosing hairs without ANY regrowing while taking oral Minoxidile and other things. After 1 year I had to buy turban. But I will try a band but it's going bad so fast so I have maybe 2 weeks I guess.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mine problem is the fact that I am loosing hairs without ANY regrowing while taking oral Minoxidile and other things. After 1 year I had to buy turban. But I will try a band but it's going bad so fast so I have maybe 2 weeks I guess.

DUPA is a mysterious disease, nobody knows what causes it. I would love to help you but i can't

I know it is very difficult to accept as a woman but in my opinion it is very unlikely that a treatment work for you. Maybe since you are a woman you could look into hair system / wig. They are very good these days.

Did you tried oral minoxidil? I saw a man with Dupa saying oral Minoxidil was the only thing that worked for him.

Ivi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
DUPA is a mysterious disease, nobody knows what causes it. I would love to help you but i can't

I know it is very difficult to accept as a woman but in my opinion it is very unlikely that a treatment work for you. Maybe since you are a woman you could look into hair system / wig. They are very good these days.

Did you tried oral minoxidil? I saw a man with Dupa saying oral Minoxidil was the only thing that worked for him.
Yes. I am taking oral. 0 regrowth. I would like to be a man.. Bald but man..

Ticken

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
She said that there is 30%-40%of people being resistant to treatment. And that's all she can do. The only really ' shedding' I had , was when I was a month after starting my treatment. It was terrible. I am sure that this treatment won't help me. My hair are falling out when I am sleeping, walking etc. Overtime but it's hard to notice.
Do you have Functional Medicine Doctors or Naturopathic Doctors in your country? If so, could you get an appointment and ask for their guidance. You really want to treat the "cause" rather than trying to many random things. I'm not sure, but it sounds like you are fairly young and if that is the case, I'm not sure that Topical Bi-est or Estriol would be the right treatment for you.

Ivi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have Functional Medicine Doctors or Naturopathic Doctors in your country? If so, could you get an appointment and ask for their guidance. You really want to treat the "cause" rather than trying to many random things. I'm not sure, but it sounds like you are fairly young and if that is the case, I'm not sure that Topical Bi-est or Estriol would be the right treatment for you.
I don't know what is functional doctor but I don't belive in nathuropatic doctor. I have DUPA but also male form of amdrlgenetic alopecia. But very agressive dupa and Androgenetic Alopecia.

Ticken

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know what is functional doctor but I don't belive in nathuropatic doctor. I have DUPA but also male form of amdrlgenetic alopecia. But very agressive dupa and Androgenetic Alopecia.
I'm sorry you don't believe in Naturopathic Doctors as they could be helpful to uncover the root cause of your hair thinning. A Naturopathic Doctor with expertise in Women's Hormones would be ideal.

Do you have hair photos already posted somewhere on this forum? If you have them, perhaps someone would recognize a pattern to your hair loss and offer better insight.

If you decide you really want to trial a Bi-estro or Estriol Cream then just go ahead and do a google search, "buy Bi-estro cream" or "buy estriol cream".

This brand is reputable and the lavender package version of it is Paraben Free so I'd go for that one if you are able
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009WIUZQ0

Last edited:

DarkHairHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you have DUPA you should look into your prolactin and cortisol blood levels.
Why ? you think DUPA is related to prolactin and cortisol ?

And also , all dupa suffers are going to be norwood 7 in the future or not ? Do we keep our front line?