"without Any Doubt, There Has Never Been A Better Year Than This One In The Hair Loss Research"

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am excited for a lot of these upcoming products but some of them seem to be fading, like the Polichem topical finasteride which supposedly has the same efficiency as normal finasteride but with reduced side effects, anyone heard news from them?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If, despite all my pessimism, a cure finally comes out and I manage to actually get my hair back, I'll make a sad fog mask, put it on a mannequin, then give it a viking funeral.

J0J0mu.gif

Do I dare to hope?

I want to double, even triple "like" this. So beautifully metaphorical. I want to put my concealers, shampoos, and garbage treatments in a metal trash can and cook food over the hobo fire I start with them. Then eat it while madly laughing.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
PESSIMISTIC SELF: Dante... help me take this sad frog mask off.

OPTIMISTIC SELF: But you'll die!

PESSIMISTIC SELF: Nothing... can stop that now. Just for once... let me look on you with my own eyes. Now, go, Dante. Leave me.

OP. SELF: No. You're coming with me! I'll not leave you here, I've got to save you!

PES. SELF: You already have, Dante. You were right. You were right about me. Tell our psychologist you were right.

You have the potential to write some very dark, very gripping novels / screenplays.

BaldingBeast666

My Regimen
Reaction score
One thing is for sure, if baldness gets cured, it will change the entire world.
The impact on society will be MASSIVE. Whoever cures this (Tsujii?) deserves a Nobel Prize.

When everyone is a fullhead, no one is a fullhead.

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The impact on society will be MASSIVE. Whoever cures this (Tsujii?) deserves a Nobel Prize.

When everyone is a fullhead, no one is a fullhead.

I appreciated the "The Incredibles" reference.

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score

Isn't that why it's so hard to imagine a real cure would ever come out? To imagine a world without baldness is to imagine a fundamentally different world. Just think of the countless people that settled in loveless marriages because they suddenly ran out of options - or those that simply gave up on their promising careers because they realized nothing could ever compensate for hair. Or even those that were denied opportunities because of their looks.

It's a whole lot harder to stay positive when you realize you're not just waiting for something that will give you your hair back but for something that will revolutionize the whole of society (and how likely is that?)

I agree with Fred that not everyone would get the treatment but then it's not about numbers so much as the impact anyway.

And obviously that may be just my pessimism and despair talking.

yellowbluegrey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't that why it's so hard to imagine a real cure would ever come out? To imagine a world without baldness is to imagine a fundamentally different world. Just think of the countless people that settled in loveless marriages because they suddenly ran out of options - or those that simply gave up on their promising careers because they realized nothing could ever compensate for hair. Or even those that were denied opportunities because of their looks.

It's a whole lot harder to stay positive when you realize you're not just waiting for something that will give you your hair back but for something that will revolutionize the whole of society (and how likely is that?)

I agree with Fred that not everyone would get the treatment but then it's not about numbers so much as the impact anyway.

Hello darkness, my old friend...

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I don't think that curing baldness is going to create a fundamentally different world - I think that treatments it will pave the way for will. Like Fred said, most balding guys don't pursue treatment because they've bought into the lie that "confidence" is what matters despite science and statistics demonstrating this is bullshit. Very few major media outlets outside of Japan even bothered reporting on Tsuji's holy alliance.

There is also CRISPR, which is starting clinical trials this month and that literally has the power to change humanity forever.

yellowbluegrey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It will change the world for guys like us. The rest of the population, well they probably won't notice beyond the occasional "hey, your hair's looking good these days". We're so wrapped up on this stuff, but remember that people who aren't dealing with hair loss likely don't care all that much. It'd be like someone saying to you "hey they just came out with a cure for lazy eyes! The world is gonna change forever!", you probably won't think it will, but for that person it will. (and yes I realise that hair loss is probably more common and ubiquitous in society, but you see my point). The world's changing all the time and most people never notice.

constrictedvoid

Established Member
Reaction score
Not everyone will have their hair loss/baldness treated.

Losing weight and becoming lean is easy as f*** (and free), yet half of the males in my country are overweight.

5-10% of bald(ing) men will actually hop on these new treatments. This is the current percentage of bald men seeking treatment by the way.

90% of balding men could have a full head of hair by combining current medication and FUE's. Yet they don't do it.

Most of the male population will think that it's too expensive and that it's confidence that matters anyway.

I'm starting to think that "looks don't matter" is a lie propagated so that others can rise above you.

Some (a lot) of people are actually stupid enough to believe this, but I'm sure a lot of people know this is BS, but they subconsciously want other people to believe it.

Think about it, that's great news for the "looks-aware" guys, and the vast majority of the members of this websites are. After going through hair loss, you have to be.

Possibly getting back a normal-looking head of hair in my early 30's? I'm going to crush my competition on the dating market.

Not even a "normal-looking head of hair, I mean, if it's possible, NW0 with childlike density is something that will automatically put you above over 90%(IIRC) guys hair wise. Almost everyone loses *some* hair.

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not even a "normal-looking head of hair, I mean, if it's possible, NW0 with childlike density is something that will automatically put you above over 90%(IIRC) guys hair wise. Almost everyone loses *some* hair.

Playing devil's advocate but we don't yet know whether Tsuji's will allow you to go that far with density or if it will even look totally natural.

I think Tsuji spoke of 120 hairs per cm2 but we don't know if it density will be changeable or negotiable in clinic. 120-ish hairs per cm2 is normal density but certainly not child-like density.

BaldingBeast666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, i don't know about you, but where i live there are more balding guys than fullheads.
The older you get, the harder is to see a NW1, even guys with no balding history still get to NW2.

That's why the impact will be massive, imo.

constrictedvoid

Established Member
Reaction score
Playing devil's advocate but we don't yet know whether Tsuji's will allow you to go that far with density or if it will even look totally natural.

I think Tsuji spoke of 120 hairs per cm2 but we don't know if it density will be changeable or negotiable in clinic. 120-ish hairs per cm2 is normal density but certainly not child-like density.

Do you happen to know what child-like density is?

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Playing devil's advocate here too but I can imagine a time where people seeing your hair is too good to be true, i.e. mature face and young hair and people will assume you have had treatment, like with boob jobs now.

constrictedvoid

Established Member
Reaction score
Playing devil's advocate here too but I can imagine a time where people seeing your hair is too good to be true, i.e. mature face and young hair and people will assume you have had treatment, like with boob jobs now.

Like with boob jobs, slim women with big boobs exist, mature men with great hairlines exist. So there's always that sense of not being sure if that was indeed the case. I generally don't assume boobjob except in overtly crazy cases.

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you happen to know what child-like density is?

According to this source, density in the crown pre-puberty is between 250-400 per cm2. In adults it is 200-300 per cm2. The latter seems a bit high to me but it could well be true.

http://www.keratin.com/aa/aa014.shtml

At last year's hair congress, when Dr.Tsuji demonstrated that he grew 128 hairs per cm2 on the mice, he added that this density was the average for Japanese people. Asian people have on average less density than caucasians I think.

I wonder if Tsuji could tune the process to give patients however much density they wanted within reason (say up to 350 per cm2).

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Like with boob jobs, slim women with big boobs exist, mature men with great hairlines exist. So there's always that sense of not being sure if that was indeed the case. I generally don't assume boobjob except in overtly crazy cases.

Most women who do get boob jobs dont overdo it. Don't let p**rn skew reality.

Last edited:

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Normal brunette caucasian hair density is 200 hairs per cm2.