With 2018 Rolling Around - What's There To Look Forward To?

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys. If you look at my other posts you will see quite a different tone from me.

Being totally honest with myself, I am just sour because I've been using s5 for years (with great success) and HairLossTalk.com decided out of nowhere to sell out and try to sell us snake oil instead. Then they came out with a new s5 product that is made in China that is hand lotion. I have lost 5-600 hairs in the last few months, and I'm losing hope because there is nothing new or worth it for me to try.

I've been a human experiment for 12 years and it's getting old. Every year it seems like the same thing. Years and years are going by and it's just the same dead ends. I'll keep a shred of hope for the ones ItsAlright listed above. But I am seriously considering FUE since my loss is all temples. Only things I haven't tried are derm rolling and laser.

I also understand that I have been out of the loop. The fact that I have been maintaining has kept me distant from the site. Also, seeing these replies show that I have some reading to catch up on. Have a great Christmas guys!

Last edited:

WHLX

My Regimen
Reaction score
Trial results and possible market releases from Follica and Shiseido.

A presentation from that South Korean doctor and the CXXC5 protein binding thing.

Further results from PolarityTE. Irrelevant to hairloss, but still fascinating.

Other than that? f*** all.

Have you lost all faith in Brotzu then?

You seemed generally optimistic in the Big Bad Brotzu thread.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry guys. If you look at my other posts you will see quite a different tone from me.

Being totally honest with myself, I am just sour because I've been using s5 for years (with great success) and HairLossTalk.com decided out of nowhere to sell out and try to sell us snake oil instead. Then they came out with a new s5 product that is made in China that is hand lotion. I have lost 5-600 hairs in the last few months, and I'm losing hope because there is nothing new or worth it for me to try.

I've been a human experiment for 12 years and it's getting old. Every year it seems like the same thing. Years and years are going by and it's just the same dead ends. I'll keep a shred of hope for the ones ItsAlright listed above. But I am seriously considering FUE since my loss is all temples. Only things I haven't tried are derm rolling and laser.

I also understand that I have been out of the loop. The fact that I have been maintaining has kept me distant from the site. Also, seeing these replies show that I have some reading to catch up on. Have a great Christmas guys!

But there are lots of supplies for spironolactone out there, why not try one of those?

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
But there are lots of supplies for spironolactone out there, why not try one of those?
I'm actually switching to essegen6 from minoxidil max. At best, the spironolactone cream maintains. Worth a shot I guess. Will update later.

I only found one other sprio cream that I would trust. After what happened here on this site, I have trust issues. Been rubbing hand lotion on my head for months now with non stop shedding.

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

No problem man. I can only imagine your pain.

Don't get me wrong; even though I think some of the treatments are promising, I'm with you about how long it will take. I'm pretty much expecting to just shave off my hair and live that life, because I think those who are worried about hairloss in 2030 will probably have a great shot at a cure; I think even a good cure will take a few years to get off the ground, be distributed, etc. even after the last clinical trial is done (if it is not a drug or lotion).

If shiseido delays or something, that's pretty much it for me I think. I just want to move on and get my old life back when I spent my time thinking about being with people and aspirations. Not that I don't have those now, but when I wake up in the morning and when I go to sleep at night, hairloss is at the forefront of my mind. I'm running out of patience and fucks to give. This kind of worried life sucks, hair or not.

AlopeciaJustice

My Regimen
Reaction score

Don't get me wrong; even though I think some of the treatments are promising, I'm with you about how long it will take. I'm pretty much expecting to just shave off my hair and live that life, because I think those who are worried about hairloss in 2030 will probably have a great shot at a cure; I think even a good cure will take a few years to get off the ground, be distributed, etc. even after the last clinical trial is done (if it is not a drug or lotion).

If shiseido delays or something, that's pretty much it for me I think. I just want to move on and get my old life back when I spent my time thinking about being with people and aspirations. Not that I don't have those now, but when I wake up in the morning and when I go to sleep at night, hairloss is at the forefront of my mind. I'm running out of patience and fucks to give. This kind of worried life sucks, hair or not.

Shave, get SMP, never worry about hair again.

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shave, get SMP, never worry about hair again.
Thought about it. SMP looks amazing if you are diffuse thinning, but it seems that as soon as you go slick bald, it appears to be "drawn on." Especially because the sebum buildup makes bald heads appear shiny. Short stubble just scatters light differently. Then there is the issue of not wanting SMP forever. The conclusion I reached is that well I'll have an SMP-like look as I bald (at least for a few years) and maybe that is enough time to really let go and transition from buzzed down to slick.

ElTioLaBota

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

+100000000000000000000000 likes

AlopeciaJustice

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thought about it. SMP looks amazing if you are diffuse thinning, but it seems that as soon as you go slick bald, it appears to be "drawn on." Especially because the sebum buildup makes bald heads appear shiny. Short stubble just scatters light differently. Then there is the issue of not wanting SMP forever. The conclusion I reached is that well I'll have an SMP-like look as I bald (at least for a few years) and maybe that is enough time to really let go and transition from buzzed down to slick.

Just put anti shine on your head.