With 2018 Rolling Around - What's There To Look Forward To?

HNMB

Established Member
Reaction score
Highly doubt there will be any new treatments coming out at least for most of 2018, but anything in the pipeline at least? Any human trials beginning or anything?

TONSofBODYHAIR

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
rumours about a mystery lotion trials ending in 2018 italy *potential snake oil*, shiseido trialing RCH-01 in japan trials ending i think june? Showed to halt hairloss and give 5-20% density back, Polichem trials for topical fina ending sometime in 2018 as well and dermatology conference summer 2018 where dr Choi will talk about the recent CXXC protein inhibition discovery, which was hailed at reddit as a legit cure for baldness.

doubt we will see any of them hitting the market anytime soon, so make sure to choke on your finasteride and check every day if your dick is working

*continues to masturbate furiously in fear of side effects*

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
rumours about a mystery lotion trials ending in 2018 italy *potential snake oil*, shiseido trialing RCH-01 in japan trials ending i think june? Showed to halt hairloss and give 5-20% density back, Polichem trials for topical fina ending sometime in 2018 as well and dermatology conference summer 2018 where dr Choi will talk about the recent CXXC protein inhibition discovery, which was hailed at reddit as a legit cure for baldness.

doubt we will see any of them hitting the market anytime soon, so make sure to choke on your finasteride and check every day if your dick is working

Follica's last trial begins first half of 2018. If it goes according to plan it should be out near the end of 2018 or start of 2019. Thought things never go according to plan so I wouldnt bank on it tbh. A conservative estimate would be 2020 release for them. But other than that this sums it up pretty well. Is Polichem being trialed for US release or is it only europe and people in the US gonna have to smuggle it in? lol

NimuDash

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2018?
Nothing will be out. Only, maybe Brotion if it even works on Androgenetic Alopecia as we still don't have official results of the trials.

TONSofBODYHAIR

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Follica's last trial begins first half of 2018. If it goes according to plan it should be out near the end of 2018 or start of 2019. Thought things never go according to plan so I wouldnt bank on it tbh. A conservative estimate would be 2020 release for them. But other than that this sums it up pretty well. Is Polichem being trialed for US release or is it only europe and people in the US gonna have to smuggle it in? lol

I think i read somewhere polichem is being trialed in europe for a european release im not sure about US, also you should all keep in mind that phase 2,3 whatever trials ending doesnt mean the next month you will see a market release of said product, it might take couple years till we can get our hands on a finished product unfortunatelly

TONSofBODYHAIR

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sorry for the double post;

I have a gut feeling that if follica incorporates an inhibitor of this new CXXC protein in their protocol, it will be possible to regrow a ton of hair, I think it's what was missing from their chemical arsenal of magic regrowth.

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol in conclusion yeah, nothing concrete really to look forward to in 2018. Just a bunch of more maybe's.

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
Forgot about Aclaris starting phase 2 for Androgenetic Alopecia in 2018. They just started their trial for vitiligo (https://www.streetinsider.com/Corpo...pical+in+Patients+with+Vitiligo/13613458.html) using the same drug they plan to use for their Androgenetic Alopecia trial. The vitiligo trial and the trial for alopecia was only 6 months long I have a pretty good fealing the Androgenetic Alopecia one will also only be 6 months. I think we'll know in 2018 if it works or not like it did for alopecia.

Last edited:

TONSofBODYHAIR

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I stil remember when people declared 2016 the year of the cure...

well its the first time after so many years that some progress and effort is being put into treating male pattern baldness, i dont know how many of us will make it before hitting norwood cemetery and if we are lucky enough to see a cure but at least I know my kids wont have to fight this shitty disease. There will be nothing I can do though for their mother's fatty genes :(

HNMB

Established Member
Reaction score

Haha, this post made me a lot more optimistic about 2018. I wasn't expecting anything before.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
By the time shiseido comes out with it's treatment, many of us, myself included, will be slick bald :(

All slick bald guys can hope for is Riken/Hair Multiplication.... and that's most def not coming in 2018

Reactions: H

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not that I have much hope from this, but can guys who have invisible/vellus hair on their head rather than the full-blown slick scalp benefit from Shiseido's treatment?

I have just enough hair to sport a no-guard buzzcut. I'd be happy if I can keep that.

dermrafok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This thread is useless. If a treatment should reach the market in 2018, it will go out. You do not care about that. From now on in this thread we will talk about global warming ok?

tjnpdx

Banned
Reaction score
Why in the f*** do people post threads like this? It's like you want to be told

1c83e1c0388b35d43f2401543c9e214fb31892cec0d3966c7fe11955b5efe18f.jpg

f*****g masochistic freak.

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sorry for the double post;

I have a gut feeling that if follica incorporates an inhibitor of this new CXXC protein in their protocol, it will be possible to regrow a ton of hair, I think it's what was missing from their chemical arsenal of magic regrowth.
Don't they need a patent for that?

HNMB

Established Member
Reaction score
Why in the f*** do people post threads like this? It's like you want to be told

View attachment 73814

f*****g masochistic freak.
Perhaps you misinterpreted the thread, which is then your fault not anyone else's. The OP says if there is anything such as human trials or research developments to look forward to in 2018. Never said anything about a "cure", or any treatment for that matter, coming out.