Reaction score
Re: winterheartlee's story-(Male, 20, UK) EDIT: Day 1 of fincar

if it makes ya feel better

i cant even tell you got hair loss with your hair buzzed like that

Reaction score

cryton said:
hi fella,

how are you getting on with the fincar you order? i am due to renew my propecia but not sure whether to change it up for the cheaper option? Just worried about the higher dose and sides. You had any sides?

Fincar is fine at the mo, I can see lots of tiny thin hairs sprouting through.... and they are the only ones shedding at the moment, if i rub my hands through my hair its just those ones that are falling out.... so i guess that means they are the fincar hairs... Ill post some pics later. My hair isnt looking great at the mo, not sure if i am shedding tbh (i havent seen much fall out, but theres 2 patches that dont look great).... and its weird that its 'patches'.... Ill take some photos on the weekend. It doesnt help that I havent buzzed the top of my hair for a while and the front half grows slower than the back half since the front is the main area affected by the hair loss.

Oh and by the way, no side effects.

I was cutting the pils into four since they are just small round pils which makes it hard to cut into 5, but by accident i figured out a way to cut it into 5 pieces. So if you decide to do go with fincar ill show you how i cut it so you can carry on taking the same 1mg dosage.

ps1freak said:
if it makes ya feel better

i cant even tell you got hair loss with your hair buzzed like that

lol thanks for that, Ill take some pics at the weekend and you should be able to tell from them. it seems that my first pics didnt really show the hairloss that well... mainly becos i used a 'glossy' camera with a flash and my hair just seemed to become illumated the same all over and didnt show which parts are thinner.... but ill use a rubbish (wont hide the bad things) camera at the weekend with some daylight. Then you will be able to see it.

Reaction score

Hey guys
Just posting an update on my progress.
Ive been on minoxidil 5% for a nearly 10 months now and fincar for nearly 4 months... the minoxidil has done a great job on my slighlty thinning crown.. the front is just the problem now.
I can see quite alot of tiny blonde hairs on my head since taking fincar, but nothing has thickened up enough so far to make things look good. As far as sides, i havent had any at all, and no sheds either.
I really want to grow my hair to a stylable length but my left side is still fluffy hair and only grows about 3 mm long.... and the thing thats making my hair look worse is that its not growin as fast at the front as the rest of my head... and theres 2 patches in particular that grow faster and thicker than the rest amongst the weak frontal hair lol.... so it really notices when it gets to a certain length.
But i guess the good news is that my hair hasnt got worse.... thats something i guess
Like i said though, theres alot of tiny blond hairs sprouting up, i may even have a v shape on my hairline again if they thicken up. early days on the fincar yet i guess....
Ill keep shaving it down for a few more months and see how its coming along then.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Got any progress pictures? Otherwise maintainment is better moving up on the norwood scale. :punk:

Also I have to wonder too since I wore my hair long (past my chin since about 12 and finally cut it all off at 21) if my tight ponytails hurt my hair as well but I don't think i'll ever know. :thumbdown2:

Reaction score
Obsidian said:
Got any progress pictures? Otherwise maintainment is better moving up on the norwood scale. :punk:

Also I have to wonder too since I wore my hair long (past my chin since about 12 and finally cut it all off at 21) if my tight ponytails hurt my hair as well but I don't think i'll ever know. :thumbdown2:

Im about 90% sure it messed my hair up, mainly because when i used to comb it back tight and rip all my hair out, the hair just never grew back. There was nice thick hair, i ripped it out, and it never came back, not like normal when the hair grows back thinner and thinner until theres just tiny blonde hairs....

pictures arent a good idea at the moment since i buzzed it down to a zero again the other day (when i wrote the update)... i just got frustrated with the slow progress and went a bit mad with the hair trimmers lol
Im thinking of keeping it like this for a while then letting it grow out to see the few months of progress rather than seeing your hair slowly progress every day....