Wind Vs Hat -- Which Ruins The Hairstyle More?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I live in such a windy country. No matter what the season is. With medium length hair wind will mess it. A hat could be worn to protect against it. But that also kills the hairstyle. Which option do you think is better or is there another one?

Thank you!

Diesel guy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
a shorter hairstyle. LOL

I don't like to wear hats because of the stress on my hairline - and heat building up and possibly impact my bond. So, I'd manage with the wind. Cary a comb, and sometime of hair oil (Diamond Oil). The oil is a quick fix I use for wind blown hair.

Noah

Reaction score
I don't like the tight baseball type hats if I am wearing my piece. The hairs can get mashed into the glue at the front, spoiling the look of the hairline. Straw Panama style hats are OK.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
a shorter hairstyle. LOL

I don't like to wear hats because of the stress on my hairline - and heat building up and possibly impact my bond. So, I'd manage with the wind. Cary a comb, and sometime of hair oil (Diamond Oil). The oil is a quick fix I use for wind blown hair.

Agreed!!!

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't overly style my hair. I throw on a baseball cap most of the time because it's just easier. It reduces UV exposure etc.

When going into the office I used to just go to the bathroom, quickly put in some leave in conditioner and brush it out after taking my cap off though.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I don't like the tight baseball type hats if I am wearing my piece. The hairs can get mashed into the glue at the front, spoiling the look of the hairline. Straw Panama style hats are OK.
I'm wearing this straw panama hat right now, but the wind blows, so I have to hold it with my hand all the time on the street :D. This hat destroys the hairstyle a lot less yes. But after wearing a beanie there's nothing left of the hairstyle :mad:.

HairleyDavidson

My Regimen
Reaction score
I go to the windy beach a lot during the summer, I wear a light colored bandana over my system, I don’t wrap it tightly so air can blow through it, to me it stays cooler that way then baking in the sun. The tape would be melted and my scalp would breakout. Also in a few hours the hair color gets brassy and green.