Will There Be Something Better Than The Big3 On The Market Within The Next 10 Years?

Question asked...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MickChong

Established Member
Reaction score
FUE is where the cure lies. Getting better and cheaper all the time.

I agree. Just the problem right now is that you cannot predict how much hair one might lose so unless FUE can get to the point where a full head of hair can be replaced, it's not a feasible cure.

I could hair less

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont know about that but they are getting better all the time and the use of body/beard hair is transforming lives. Take a look on You Tube there are a lot of options.

only turkey would use such hair, have heard the use of hair not from the scalp does not give good long term results... best to hope for hair cloning in like 10 yrs

I could hair less

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you don't actually believe that, if there is money in performing BH transplants there will be someone to perform it, not just in turkey. i think even hasson and wong do it

unlike I actually do research, have spoken to some hair transplant surgeons...the hair cycle and growth of non scalp hair is very different, not to mention if you have hair on other parts of your body you know that the texture is VASTLY diff.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont know about that but they are getting better all the time and the use of body/beard hair is transforming lives. Take a look on You Tube there are a lot of options.

BHT is pretty random in term of regrowth... that's just the last resort and that's not what people dream of. I agree there are few options and choices people can make when talking about transplants. even combo scalp micropigmentation +FUE but even with the biggest hair transplant session you will never have the full density (or close to) people should have. Only people who are arround 40 and have a slow hairloss and low norwood can gamble and go for a high density hair transplant. That's not the answer for young people who start to go bald early and have agressive hairloss and are in norwood cemetary in their 20s. even though few of them are happy enough with a decent hair transplant but we are hoping for a cure. Hair cloning looks to be the ultimate answer... But...so close and yet so far...

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

maybe we should consider this. we just need a non balding friend, you give tens of thousands of dollars and he will get you some of his donor area, possible without immune suppressants. but then again, done in mice. f*****g mice they are the worst kinds of animals out there

watched this one. On paper this is crazy. But hey think about it : After the procedure your friend start to go bald... He will cry for his hairs. Maybe there will be a "get your hairs back guarantee"^^. Less risky if you find a women but ol.. Crazy thing is that such procedure should(have to)be possible one day. Well actually all the things we dream of will be available one day. that's how rude it is for us. The fight is unfair. : o ; )

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
exactly. such nonsense here, transplants in the research section, how pathetic hs it become
I have been on these forums for 15 years and losing hair for 25, its just a big circus. I don't believe there will be a miracle topical cure or a magic pill available for another 20 years. The best we can hope for in individualized treatments based upon our genetic/hormonal profile as we all have different reasons why we go bald. If you really want to address your hairloss FUE is the best way even if it may require multiple surgeries/body hair grafts.

Hard pill to swallow but the truth non the less.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this argument form old folks that there hasn't be advancement therefore there cannot be is so ridiculous. nobody is talking about a f*****g magic pill, thats almost insulting to everyone who is actually working on stem cell research etc. there is absolutely no possible way that hair cloning will take more than 10 year to be available. certainly not 20. but please, go and get your sack hair transplanted on top of your head

what you are saying is nonsense, we are all here because we have androgenic alopecia there is no other reason why we are going bald, what you said about individual stuff doesn't make any sense. i don't get why people are so fixated on gene therapy, that is so much harder to perform then cloning would be

you are disregarding current research and dream up something that is outrageously difficult to perform like individual gene therapy or some topical, of course that will never happen.
Well they were talking about hair cloning 10 years ago and yet we are still waiting. Even if they do find a viable way of cloning your hair it will still involve a FUE of some sort(Tsuji). The other treatments are only offering the possibility of 10-20% regrowth through inject-able derma cup methods.

There are lots of reasons why people go bald androgenic alopecia is just the term that is used to cover male pattern baldness. DHT is the main culprit but stress hormones, auto immune disorders, vitamin deficiency and thyroid function all have a part to play. If you you knew exactly what was causing the loss then you will have a good idea of what treatments would work for you and just as important which ones wont.

MickChong

Established Member
Reaction score
So as far as I understand it, you extract the hair follicles from the back of the head to transplant them to the front of the head. Do the extracted follicles at the back grow back or are they gone forever?

Exactly pal. As they come from the back of your head, in theory they are supposed to last for life but time will tell! Let's hope, the bigger problem is the existing hair which will continue to fall (or not if you're lucky) and then the new transplant can look out of place.