Will There Be Something Better Than The Big3 On The Market Within The Next 10 Years?

Question asked...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
there will 100% be something better in the next 10 years. Replicel is very close already they are 6 months into their phase 2 and Histogen could be almost half way through their phase 3 (but no one knows if they've started or not)

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
I vote no. I believe dutasteride will be the most effective treatment for hairloss for years to come.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I think for pretty sure the answer is yes. I wouldnt get your hopes up for effectiveness though. I definitely think for the next 2 or 3 years its finasteride/dutasteride still as the best thing. Its going to be a long wait if it ever happens.
If you remove new invasive procedures the prospects go down even more. If your a Norwood 7 your hoping for an invasive procedure, but if you have a lot hair I think your more in the non-invasive boat hoping for a pill or drug of some kind.

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Winlevi (1.0% Cb 03 01) is supposed to have it's phase 3 study finished in 2H 2017, I guessing it will be released shortly after. It won't be marketed for hair loss but it would definitely help, specially to those that can't tolerate finasteride.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Winlevi (1.0% Cb 03 01) is supposed to have it's phase 3 study finished in 2H 2017, I guessing it will be released shortly after. It won't be marketed for hair loss but it would definitely help, specially to those that can't tolerate finasteride.
Wait so care to give more info about this? Is it like topical finasteride similar effect?

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait so care to give more info about this? Is it like topical finasteride similar effect?
It's also acts against DHT but without systemic side effects, and you have to apply it topically of course. It doesn't inhibit 5AR and doesn't lower DHT in your whole body. Overall, should be a decent treatment but Winlevi is only 1% concentration, as it is meant as an acne treatment, so don't expect crazy good results.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
For anyone over 35, this is absolutely true, and people that old who want hair should get a hair transplant (if they haven't already tried and failed on the Big Three).

ive accepted ill never have good hair for the rest my 'youth', but i would still like some hair when im older. so if in 10/15 years something does come out that can give me some hair back ill be happy. i like the shaved look now but i dont think it looks good on older guys so id like to be able to have some kind of hairstyle in my 40s/50s. a short spikey look

333525-matt-leblanc.jpg

doesnt have to be perfect, but if i can get something like this when im middled aged id be happy. who knows what ill be doing then, i maybe settled down with a family or i might single/divorced looking to date. so id like SOME hair when im older.

my youth is kinda ruined from bad hair but id like my middle aged years to be nice to make up for some of that

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Follica works. We know that because we know dermarolling works (even when amateurs do it to themselves), so very precise wounding - even if the secret sauce turns out to be minoxidil - must produce better results than those achieved in the Indian study (which were pretty good). Since the only member of the Big Three that actually grows hair for more than just excellent responders is minoxidil, precise wounding and minoxidil must be better than minoxidil alone. So yes.

Will it grow a NW6 to a NW1? My gut says no way. But I would be surprised if it doesn't consistently provide a full Norwood's worth of regrow. After all, anything less wouldn't be worth commercializing, and Folloca is definitely coming to market within the next three to four years.

Everything else - Tsuji, Histogen, etc. - is just a guess.

occulus what do u make of dermarolling now? guys just using a standard one bought from the net, is it worth using it or not?

i bought it a few years ago when there was a big craze, but i didnt end up using it too long.

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
Not occulus, but IMO you should just wait for Follica's device (if it comes out) if you're interested in the wounding pathway since they are trialling this year...problem with microneedling is that it hurts....and raises chances of infection etc. Here, it will be done probably under the care of a doctor, with anesthesia etc...maybe they even have new ways of delivering that minoxidil...

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not occulus, but IMO you should just wait for Follica's device (if it comes out)...problem with microneedling is that it hurts....and raises chances of infection etc. Here, it will be done probably under the care of a doctor, with anesthesia etc...

so you think the dermarolling the guys at home are doing is a waste of time? the 1mm needles or whatever. theres no point doing it?

i cant keep waiting for things to come out or not lol. im running out of time. even if it just helps me maintain for a few years, is dermarolling at home useful?

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I vote no. I believe dutasteride will be the most effective treatment for hairloss for years to come.

If you truly believe that, your presence on this forum and your numerous posts can only classify as absolutely insane. What kind of psychopath is going to spend ten years reading about failed hair loss treatments? Maybe go outside or something.

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you truly believe that, your presence on this forum and your numerous posts can only classify as absolutely insane. What kind of psychopath is going to spend ten years reading about failed hair loss treatments? Maybe go outside or something.
you should also say this to FocaultII a.k.a Marcellino