Will Missing A Day Of Finasteride Hurt?

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I missed one. I've seen graphs in various places showing that DHT doesn't rebound for 4 or 5 days, but I know the half-life is only around 6 hours so within 24 hours it should be nearly eliminated from the body.

Does anyone have any info on this?

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Attachments

• dht.jpg
    dht.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 70

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably not.

Just take the pill the next day and you'll be fine. Speaking from 10+ years experience.

I've done a lot of reading and all sources say missing a day once in a while won't hurt, but being that finasteride's half-life is so short it's eliminated from the body in under 24 hours, so won't dht "bounce back" to where it was on when I started taking finasteride?

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
half life of finasteride is about 5/6 hours BUT dht takes way more time to regenerate.
so its safe to say it takes few days (4/5) to come back to a normal range.
and, of course, this is talking about dht only.
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/finasteride-low-doses.99341/

Thanks.

I get it, I think. Even though finasteride is gone on the missed day dht won't just immediately rise back to a harmful level because your body has to create it from testosterone, and that takes several days.

Got it. I feel better.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks.

I get it, I think. Even though finasteride is gone on the missed day dht won't just immediately rise back to a harmful level because your body has to create it from testosterone, and that takes several days.

Got it. I feel better.
exactly. (only 70% of it comes from T)

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
androstenedione and others androgenic steroids / precursors
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3367713/
"In a recent article in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Chang et al. show that, contrary to widely held assumptions, the dominant pathway to DHT synthesis does not involve testosterone as a precursor to DHT, but instead involves the conversion of Δ4-androstenedione (AD) to 5α-dione (AD→5α-dione→DHT) by the steroid-5α-reductase isoenzyme 1 (SRD5A1)"