Will I Shed If I Go From Twice A Day Minoxidil To Only Once?

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello. I'm thinking about cutting back my usage of Minoxidil to one a day because it makes my hair extremely oily and awful to look at. Does anyone here know if stopping the use of Minoxidil from twice to once cause a shed?

Thanks

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Chances are you will shed unfortunately.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
What if I were to use Minoxidil twice/day, but instead of applying in the morning, applying it around 5 PM and then 4 hours later at 9 PM?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shedding is a one time thing, and happens to hair in the resting phase.

It won't matter if you use it twice or once daily. The half life of MInoxidil is 22 hours,
keep that in mind.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, do you think it is possible to ''skip'' the shedding by using Minoxidil once a day but instead double the dosage?
I'm not sure, most evidence is anecdotal and everyone will react differently. The best way is to find out is to try it yourself.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No. I use minoxidil now every other day once . I used twice daily. No shed

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shedding is a one time thing, and happens to hair in the resting phase.

It won't matter if you use it twice or once daily. The half life of MInoxidil is 22 hours,
keep that in mind.

Thanks. Although what I'm mostly curious about is if I will keep my gains or if they will begin to disappear, should've written that in the title. My bad

Diaboli

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using minoxidil for about three weeks ago. I used it twice a day for about a week, and then changed to once at night. I'm presuming that changing to once a day so quickly after starting didn't change anything negatively, but god damn, I'm shedding more than I ever have in my life. My hair loss isn't even bad. I'd say I'm losing around 100 hairs after drying my hair after showering. To be fair I'm not noticing a lot of hair fall at any other point of the day, or on my pillow when I wake up, and 100 is the ball park figure of what someone can lose a day even if they aren't suffering from hair loss. My hair I about 5 inches long, maybe a little more, and the majority of what is falling out is 1 - 2 inches. I hope this means I'm responding to the drug, otherwise I've fast tracked myself to baldness

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using minoxidil for about three weeks ago. I used it twice a day for about a week, and then changed to once at night. I'm presuming that changing to once a day so quickly after starting didn't change anything negatively, but god damn, I'm shedding more than I ever have in my life. My hair loss isn't even bad. I'd say I'm losing around 100 hairs after drying my hair after showering. To be fair I'm not noticing a lot of hair fall at any other point of the day, or on my pillow when I wake up, and 100 is the ball park figure of what someone can lose a day even if they aren't suffering from hair loss. My hair I about 5 inches long, maybe a little more, and the majority of what is falling out is 1 - 2 inches. I hope this means I'm responding to the drug, otherwise I've fast tracked myself to baldness

Do not stress... you are probably just experiencing the initial shed. Just ride it out and you'll be above baseline soon.