Will I Regain My Natural Hair Color At Some Point?

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I quit Minoxidil some time back now because it only did harm and not any good. One side I got from Minoxidil foam was that my hair got darker. I have my hair sort of pulled back so it kind of blends in but if I part my hair a bit between where I used Minoxidil and where I didn't you can clearly see the color difference. It's dark brown in front, medium brown in the back.

The crazy thing is that I don't feel that the hair is getting brighter in the roots as the hair grows or is it too soon to tell? I've only been off Minoxidil for over a month I think.

Anyone had any experience with Minoxidil and hair color change?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I quit Minoxidil some time back now because it only did harm and not any good. One side I got from Minoxidil foam was that my hair got darker. I have my hair sort of pulled back so it kind of blends in but if I part my hair a bit between where I used Minoxidil and where I didn't you can clearly see the color difference. It's dark brown in front, medium brown in the back.

The crazy thing is that I don't feel that the hair is getting brighter in the roots as the hair grows or is it too soon to tell? I've only been off Minoxidil for over a month I think.

I have, which I only noticed today actually. My hair used to be medium brown but since using oral minoxidil it has became dark brown/black and when I was taking a video to check out my crown I noticed blotches of my original hair colour throughout my scalp it was very odd.. I'm still taking it so I can't really speak for your situation but my hair colour has definitely darkend.. I like it though as I used to dye my hair black anyway lol.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Ya, my hair was going grey... still greying but much more slowly.