Will hair loss from Prozac stop, or do I need to switch?

sunny789

Reaction score
I took 5 mg prozac for several years, changed to 10 mg, and I started to shed like crazy about 1.5 months later. It seems to be slowing, but I'm really paranoid about every loose hair I find.

Has this happened to anyone? What I really want to know is will it stop, or continue until I'm bald? If it's just a one time event, I really and happy with my med & dosage, but if I'm on my way to baldness, I might need to switch to another SSRI.

The prozac is the only change I can correlate to the hair loss.

Thanks

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
sunny789 said:
I took 5 mg prozac for several years, changed to 10 mg, and I started to shed like crazy about 1.5 months later. It seems to be slowing, but I'm really paranoid about every loose hair I find.

Has this happened to anyone? What I really want to know is will it stop, or continue until I'm bald? If it's just a one time event, I really and happy with my med & dosage, but if I'm on my way to baldness, I might need to switch to another SSRI.

The prozac is the only change I can correlate to the hair loss.

Thanks

You should talk to your doctor about it. No one here is really qualified to make that assessment. If pressed, however, I imagine that your hairloss is independent of the medication you're taking.