Votes: 46 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 51.1%

• Total voters

Subigang

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I consider anything that can take you from NW7->NW1 as a cure. If that’s 3 treatments of hair multiplication, then so be it.
I’m mostly excited to see what happens with hair cloning.

I agree no way there’s a pill / solution that suddenly “cures” it. 100% I’m looking to cloning / stem cells

soull

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's Peterson?

is a guy like you who instead of venting with his family or a professional comes here to be heard.....
Ah, you will beat PetersonKj's records in messages... or better, you will beat your own records!

soull

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, you wish, i am not even venting i am just expressing my opinions. But you neurotic fucks who do not leave your houses for decades because your waiting for a hair loss cure who will save your pathetic lives think that we are all the same... And i think that Peterson just changed this forum with another incel dominated one, or maybe he committed suicide who knows, anything is possible with this neurotic fucks

It is curious that you tell us that we do not leave our homes when you have registered on Friday and have almost half the messages that I and have been registered for more than a year.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW:D:D

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Prevention better than cure"
Cure in 10 years? No
Prevention and stop the process or don`t develope common baldness in 10 years? Yes
Only we need know the initial trigger, and we are near, only demostrating that scalp sebum is present before puberty. But look at the moon, not only fingers, ..., so it can be demostrated that androgens are not tne trigger, IMHO scalp hairs have androgens a lot of years before puberty ;)

Last edited:

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I doubt there will be a "cure" any time soon. But better and safer alternatives to finasteride will likely come out in the next decade or two. Hair cloning will hopefully be available too eventually, but that could be decades away, and the cost of it might end up being way outside a lot of people's budgets.

cocona

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Depends on your definition of cure. There should be at least a few more treatments available though.

NeverBaldEver

My Regimen
Reaction score
This topic is always a psychological roller-coaster to me.

Sometimes, I think the cure seems to be very close: 2 years away for proof of concept, and 10 years away for availability to everyone for a price.
________________________________________________________________________________________

But more often, they are too good to be true, as we actually know very little about Androgenetic Alopecia, and the cure is based on a naive assumption:
Hair in donor area isn't and won't become vulnerable to DHT, so we can create these kind of hair and put them onto the balding/bald area.

1.Assumption True?
I am not sure if anyone try to generate hair with stem cells in the bald/balding area and see if the hair is susceptible to DHT. It would be bad if that hair is also invulnerable to DHT, which means that all hairs (or stem cells forming the follicles) are equal initially, but something alters the follicles... (Hope my conjecture is wrong, otherwise all these cure will fail.)

2.Outcome.
For injection based cure, how will the regenerated follicles distribute? Will they be naturally distributed?
For transplant based cure, the follicles needs to be manually distributed (and won't be natural at all).
We won't have the hair we had at 18, but may have as much hair as we had at 18.

3.Cost
Just look at PRP today:
Controversy outcome, old technique, fast procedure needing only a little skill to perform.
How much does that cost?

A stem cell cure:
significant outcome, latest technique, procedure a little time consuming needing excellent skill.
How much do you think it will cost, even if it becomes as old as PRP?

4.Risks
For transplant based cure, you may need a hair transplant of a very amount of grafts, which is painful and has high risks of infection and necrosis.

I need hair today, and I want to keep it even if I am old.
But as I am losing hair now, very little point at getting it in the remote future: if I have that money, I will spend it on my heard, liver, lung and kidney, or leave it to my son (if I will have one) in case he needs to fight against Androgenetic Alopecia.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
For those who still have hair it boils down to the efficacy of stem cell treatments. If a shiseido type treatment truly regrows significant amounts of hair then it bodes to reason that kind of treatment annually / bi annually would be a ‘cure’.

If you have no hair then cure will come in the form of a Tsuji type treatment.

Both I believe will be available within the decade - if not much sooner. However the latter will likely be incredibly expensive. Downsize your house expensive.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Define "cure".

If you expect one pill/injection to cure you then no.

But let's take replicel/RCH. One injection every 2/3 years to get regrowth/maintenance is a cure in my books.

what is that and when is it coming

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Will there be a cure for female pattern baldness? Yes, and seemingly there already is. Will there be a cure for male pattern baldness? No, because the only cure goes against their prejudice.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is it that you're talking about? Tranny drugs like spinorolactone?
"Tranny" drugs do stop hair loss. And some drugs labeled as "tranny" in this forum, dont make you trans/change your gender, and they stop hair loss almost always.

Fkdup

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Live life, if it happens, it happens. Take it from a guy who starts visiting this kind of forums around 15 years back. At that time Everyone was like "Nooooooo, God can't wait till 2010. WTF scientists are doing??? 2010 is soooooo Farrrrrrr. Kill me already"

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tissuse and Tsuji will releasing next year or at least 2021, thats why this question is only answered with 'no' by people who didn't following hair news for the last year.

What is Tsuji going to release next year? They haven't even done a proof of concept in humans yet?