Will Dermaroller On Its Own Help Maintain A Hairline?

Chap1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I am wondering if using dermaroller everyday on a hairline could help it be maintained? I am talking purely dermaroller, no mino or anything. I know that with mino and other treatments it would be way more effective, but I am wondering if dermarolling alone would have some effect to help maintain a hairline.

Chap1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, I am talking about if you have non aggressive male pattern baldness, like a slow recession over time of your hairline.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, definition of agressive balding is still uknown and probably we could measure it only by knowing the exact time where balding starts and which Norwood stage we currently are till now. But i would say, dermaroller would help slow receders to make hairline stay stronger or longer.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Non aggressive and aggressive male pattern baldness is subjective. You could have very slow treatment resistant male pattern baldness, would that make it aggressive? Or you could lose hair extremely quickly but respond exceptionally well to treatments and regain a full head of hair, would that be considered non aggressive?
But to answer your question I highly doubt dermarolling alone will help you maintain your hairline. I would always supplement dermarolling with some sort of hair loss drug.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think dermaroller helps if you have miniaturized hairs like diffuse thinning or some weak hairs. if you want to regrow norwoods then dermaroller might help a little but I doubt It will be miracle on its own. You will need other weapons

Chap1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I might try dermarolling alone... I do not want to take anything else right now because I may not have access to it for a few upcoming months (like Minoxidil). Would a 0.5 mm work at all?

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I might try dermarolling alone... I do not want to take anything else right now because I may not have access to it for a few upcoming months (like Minoxidil). Would a 0.5 mm work at all?

Just go for the 1.5mm

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
What about Peppermint oil or Rosemary oil.. not sure which is a vasodilator like Minoxidil.

Chap1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Will the 0.5 mm do anything at all? The reason I am hesitant to go for the 1.5 mm is because I don't want my scalp to look all beat up for like a week after I use it.