Will A Minoxidil User Have The Shedding Effect When Using A Laser Comb For The First Time?

georgenicaboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I started loosing my hair when I was 20 years old and since then I started using minoxidil 5%. I have been using minoxidil 5% for about 7 years now and I have a normal full thick hair. However, there are some parts on my head where hair follicles are a little thinner than others, and for that reason I was thinking about starting to use a laser comb now.

When I started using minoxidil for the first time I had the shedding effect for about 1 month but then it stopped and the new hair folicles appeared. I am concerned because I don´t know if I will have the shedding effect again if I start using a laser comb for the first time, now that I am already a minoxidil user.

My question is, if a minoxdil user will face with shedding effect again when staring to use a laser comb treatment for the first time?

Best regards,

georgenicaboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I think the real question was: Will I have the shedding effect if I start using the laser comb (first time user) while still using minoxidil 5% (already been using minoxidil for 7 years)? I mean, Will I have the shedding effect again when I start using the laser comb even if I keep using using minoxidil 5%? Using both minoxidil and the laser comb at the same time.....?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
no side such as hypertrichosis / dark circle / aging , after all those years on minoxidil ? thanks

el_duterino

Reaction score
light therapy has some science behind it for ATP production inside cells - does not have to be laser, cheaper but powerful LED will work the same BUT it wont pass through opaque objects such as hair

unless you have real short hair id say its useles

georgenicaboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
no side such as hypertrichosis / dark circle / aging , after all those years on minoxidil ? thanks

Hi Michel Sapin:

In response to your question, I would say:

1.Hypertrichosis: Yes, I have had little hair growth over my body, but I´m ok with that because it is not that much and actually I like it a lot and I´m very happy with it.
2. Dark circle: Not at all : )
3. Aging: Not at all!! I´m still looking young, good and healthy.

Hope I've asnwered your question satisfactorily.

Best regards,

georgenicaboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
light therapy has some science behind it for ATP production inside cells - does not have to be laser, cheaper but powerful LED will work the same BUT it wont pass through opaque objects such as hair

unless you have real short hair id say its useles

Hi el_duterino,

I think I will try using my hair laser comb to see what happens.

My concern was about if I would face or have the shedding effect again, even if I keep using minoxidil 5% while starting to use the laser comb (using both at the same time).

Best regards,

georgenicaboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks man . you apply minoxidil to whole head ? how much of it ?

Hi Michel Sapin,

Not the whole head. I just apply it on the crown area and a little bit on the middle top area (going from the front until the crown area).

I do it twice a day with no exception. It takes discipline and patience to see the results.

I use like 1.5 mililiters on each apply, that would be 0.75 ml on the crown area and 0.75 ml on the middle line on the top area, going from the front to the crown. However, remember the instruccions on the box says to use only 1 mililiter per apply only.

Regards,

georgenicaboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi!!

As I already said: No dark circle experience!! Everything is fine and normal with my eyes, skin, etc.

Why you ask? Are you experiencing dark circles? If so, go to your doctor!! I think that's not normal. I have never heard before about side effects regarding experiencing dark circles while using minoxidil.

Regards,

el_duterino

Reaction score
If I use too much minoxidil there is definitely a face skin quality degradation that follows the next day

No dark circles but fine wrinkles and more sagging lower eyelids, like the skin is loosing its elasticity

But the effect is temporary I stop minoxidil a few days and skin is back to normal

georgenicaboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
As I said, every organism and body is different.I haven't experience any aging, skin degradation or wrinkles and I am 26 years old now. I also have to say that I dont smoke, I dont drink alcohol, I do excercise a lot, I run almost everyday, drink a lot of water and I eat healthy.

Sorry but I truly believe minoxidil doesnt give you wrinkles or a negative change on your skin.

Regards,