Will a hair transplant screw up follicle cloning?

jksl

Established Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a hair transplant. But, if follicle cloning pans out and becomes available in a few or several years from now, will i have screwed myself over?

I'm gonna guess that the "new" hairs from FC will grow around the transplanted ones. Here's the thing: i'm assuming that the new hairs will grow the way our scalp intended them to grow, while the growth pattern/direction for the transplanted hairs are dependent on the way the surgeon transplanted them. So, am i right to assume that there might be a clash? I would like to have my hairs in harmony, if you guys understand what i'm saying.

If something like that were likely to happen, wouldn't i be better off not going with the transplant and just wait for the "new techniques"?

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jksl said:
I am thinking of getting a hair transplant. But, if follicle cloning pans out and becomes available in a few or several years from now, will i have screwed myself over?

I'm gonna guess that the "new" hairs from FC will grow around the transplanted ones. Here's the thing: i'm assuming that the new hairs will grow the way our scalp intended them to grow, while the growth pattern/direction for the transplanted hairs are dependent on the way the surgeon transplanted them. So, am i right to assume that there might be a clash? I would like to have my hairs in harmony, if you guys understand what i'm saying.

If something like that were likely to happen, wouldn't i be better off not going with the transplant and just wait for the "new techniques"?

why would you even consider a hair transplant with permanent scars when better treatments are right around the corner?

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
2020 said:
why would you even consider a hair transplant with permanent scars when better treatments are right around the corner?
i imagine because better treatments have been ''just around the corner'' for about 20 years now.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
kthxbi said:
2020 said:
i imagine because better treatments have been ''just around the corner'' for about 20 years now.

shut it.... there was nothing 20 years ago.

jksl

Established Member
Reaction score
2020 said:

Yes, that is what i was thinking. But, it's not certain that better treatments are "right around the corner". That's my problem. It is a gamble either way. I am at a stage where my hairloss looks like this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympi ... -star.html

A transplant done on a hairline like that might not be too obvious for most people i know, especially since i wear a cap most of the time. But, i if i let my hair get worse (and it is getting worse, however fast or slow) any transplant done would be too obvious. I might sound a bit too vain and self-conscious, but just being honest here.

Money isn't an issue for me, so i could do multiple transplants. However, my father is 73 and is norwood 6 and my grandfather (father's father) was a norwood 7 at the age of 98 (passed away a couple of year ago). So, i don't know how much donor hair i will have.

Anyway, i am rambling on.

Follicle cloning should be possible on scars too, no?

maradona

Established Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
From what I have read, as far as I know all of the current HM and follicle regeneration stem cell projects (ie - Histogen, Replicel, ARI, etc ...) will work on guys who have had previous hair transplant work done. How well it will work is a mystery though. I would imagine that a "virgin" scalp would probably respond better to these HM treatments, although that is merely a guess.

However, since none of these treatments are even close to being released into the market, who knows, by that time all of this may change. They may NOT work on guys who have had previous hair transplant's.

If that is the case I will be screwed, as I have had 3 hair transplants so far and am having my FINAL one in Sep.

how many grafts you got dudemon? with whom are you having your transplant?

maradona

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow you must have sick donor considering how many hair transplants you've had.

It is good that you wait till september. Hopefully the truth about gho will be exposed soon, there are some docs now acknowledging "parts of it".

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
maradona said:
dudemon said:
From what I have read, as far as I know all of the current HM and follicle regeneration stem cell projects (ie - Histogen, Replicel, ARI, etc ...) will work on guys who have had previous hair transplant work done. How well it will work is a mystery though. I would imagine that a "virgin" scalp would probably respond better to these HM treatments, although that is merely a guess.

However, since none of these treatments are even close to being released into the market, who knows, by that time all of this may change. They may NOT work on guys who have had previous hair transplant's.

If that is the case I will be screwed, as I have had 3 hair transplants so far and am having my FINAL one in Sep.

how many grafts you got dudemon? with whom are you having your transplant?

Now I've got a total of ~6,700 grafts, which is over 10,000 follicles. I'm going for another 3-4000 grafts (5-7k hairs) in Sep. I'll give the name after I get it done :)
For your sake I hope you chose a good doctor, like Hasson etc... and not a butcher. Don't see any reason to hide the name of the surgeon.

DavisNY

Established Member
Reaction score
no offense, however like it or not nothing is even close to being ready. I wish it were not the case. however all the "results" we have seen so far have been vague at best