Dismiss Notice
Tsuji Interview: Ask your Questions Now. Read more
Dismiss Notice
Histogen Interview published. Read more.
Dismiss Notice
Hair Loss Clinical Research Pipeline released. Read more.

Will a hair transplant screw up follicle cloning?

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Technologies' started by jksl, May 26, 2012.

1. jksl

jksl Member

Dislikes Received:
    I am thinking of getting a hair transplant. But, if follicle cloning pans out and becomes available in a few or several years from now, will i have screwed myself over?

I'm gonna guess that the "new" hairs from FC will grow around the transplanted ones. Here's the thing: i'm assuming that the new hairs will grow the way our scalp intended them to grow, while the growth pattern/direction for the transplanted hairs are dependent on the way the surgeon transplanted them. So, am i right to assume that there might be a clash? I would like to have my hairs in harmony, if you guys understand what i'm saying.

If something like that were likely to happen, wouldn't i be better off not going with the transplant and just wait for the "new techniques"?

2. 2020

2020 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    why would you even consider a hair transplant with permanent scars when better treatments are right around the corner?

3. kthxbi

kthxbi Member

Dislikes Received:
    i imagine because better treatments have been ''just around the corner'' for about 20 years now.

4. 2020

2020 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    shut it.... there was nothing 20 years ago.

5. jksl

jksl Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, that is what i was thinking. But, it's not certain that better treatments are "right around the corner". That's my problem. It is a gamble either way. I am at a stage where my hairloss looks like this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympi ... -star.html

A transplant done on a hairline like that might not be too obvious for most people i know, especially since i wear a cap most of the time. But, i if i let my hair get worse (and it is getting worse, however fast or slow) any transplant done would be too obvious. I might sound a bit too vain and self-conscious, but just being honest here.

Money isn't an issue for me, so i could do multiple transplants. However, my father is 73 and is norwood 6 and my grandfather (father's father) was a norwood 7 at the age of 98 (passed away a couple of year ago). So, i don't know how much donor hair i will have.

Anyway, i am rambling on.

Follicle cloning should be possible on scars too, no?

6. maradona

maradona Member

Dislikes Received:
    how many grafts you got dudemon? with whom are you having your transplant?

7. maradona

maradona Member

Dislikes Received:
    Wow you must have sick donor considering how many HTs you've had.

It is good that you wait till september. Hopefully the truth about gho will be exposed soon, there are some docs now acknowledging "parts of it".

8. Shma

Shma Member

Dislikes Received:
    For your sake I hope you chose a good doctor, like Hasson etc... and not a butcher. Don't see any reason to hide the name of the surgeon.

9. DavisNY

DavisNY Member

Dislikes Received:
    no offense, however like it or not nothing is even close to being ready. I wish it were not the case. however all the "results" we have seen so far have been vague at best