Wigs on hollywood men (Brosnan:James Bond, Hugh Laurie:House

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Found out Pierce Brosan had to wear wigs to hide thining hair on James Bond. and similarly with Hugh Laurie in House.
Great :(

Even the baldness god Patrick Stewart was close to having been made to wear wigs on Star Trek

malo

Established Member
Reaction score
CaptainForehead said:
Found out Pierce Brosan had to wear wigs to hide thining hair on James Bond. and similarly with Hugh Laurie in House.
Great :(

Even the baldness god Patrick Stewart was close to having been made to wear wigs on Star Trek

Yeah Hollywood today can't stand heros looking like real people.
I find it funny because in the 70s when Jack Nicholson was the biggest movie star around, critics used to commend him for not wearing a hair piece.
Check out Chinatown I'm not gay or anything but he was dead sexy in that film.

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
I doubt Brosnan seriously used a Wig for James Bond...

And Hugh Laurie? You must be joking. If they'd use a wig for him it would be a better one. It's just tons of makeup and concealers.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Shma said:
I doubt Brosnan seriously used a Wig for James Bond...

And Hugh Laurie? You must be joking. If they'd use a wig for him it would be a better one. It's just tons of makeup and concealers.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/u ... 081339.ece
search for hairpiece

And yes, Hugh Laurie too, maybe a partial one to cover his baldness at the center (not the front). He doesnt wear anything when appearing as himslef, only on the show. In interviews you can see his shiny head, on house he has DENSE hair in that area. I will post screenshots.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
An actress was on Conan the other day and mentioned how embarrassing it was when she found out Nicolas Cage had a wig on in Ghostrider and she had complemented him on his full head of hair.

Here is a bald visualisation:
http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2 ... %20Wig.jpg

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would imagine that a fairly large percentage of actors in Hollywood wear wigs.

Same thing with musicians. Ronnie Wood of the Rolling Stones has been wearing one for years. I'd surprised if Mick and Keith weren't wearing as well, as both have perfect hair for someone their age (actually, they have exceptional hair for ANY age).

John979

Established Member
Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
I would imagine that a fairly large percentage of actors in Hollywood wear wigs.

Same thing with musicians. Ronnie Wood of the Rolling Stones has been wearing one for years. I'd surprised if Mick and Keith weren't wearing as well, as both have perfect hair for someone their age (actually, they have exceptional hair for ANY age).

Any male in any profession that places him before a camera is suspect including actors, rock stars, TV personalities and politicians.

John Kerry?
Andrew Cuomo?
Roger Daltrey?

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thickandthin said:

Ron Wood? Does he?

McCartney's has looked suspect for years, always a bit wiggy. His Dad was completely bald so I think some help there. Never read anything about Ron Wood, only his mate Jimmy White, who always wears one.

Don't think Brosnan did, I read that too, but pretty sure it was a gag, in the same story as 'Dye another day', big shock, he dyed his hair...

OH yeah, what about Rod Stewart, how does that happen? That doesn't look like a wig

HairLust

Reaction score
It is not just actors who wear them you know. These kinds of Hair Systems are available to anyone that wants them at reasonable prices from suppliers like Hair Direct, Hair4all, Toplace, Coolpiece etc.....
The end of hair envy, Hurray!!!!!

Hoppi

Reaction score
HairLust said:
It is not just actors who wear them you know. These kinds of Hair Systems are available to anyone that wants them at reasonable prices from suppliers like Hair Direct, Hair4all, Toplace, Coolpiece etc.....
The end of hair envy, Hurray!!!!!

haha well said, although apparently they can be high maintenance, but that probably depends on where you get it from.

And yeah that's crazy about Pierce Brosnan and that. It always makes me feel better to know it though, because the thing is when I was younger I would always kinda look up to the cool looking guys like that in films (you know what I mean, the 30-something guy (or sometimes older) who still has awesome looking teenage-style hair and looks cool and that.. I guess I always thought I would be or wanted to look like that, and that was one of the reasons why when I started to get hair issues it really hit me, because I was looking in the mirror like "What's WRONG with me? :( "

Does that make sense? Like, why is my hair thinning and stuff and those people's haven't?

But now to know a lot of them wear wigs and stuff it just makes SENSE more and makes me feel less like.. I dunno. More normal!

So... yah :)

Noah

Reaction score
Pierce Brosnan and Hugh Lawrie only wear their pieces when in character, and they don't make any secret of the fact they do it. Same with Sean Connery. Some of the American stars wear them in their daily life, including some of the younger studlier types like Ben Affleck, Brendan Fraser and Enrique Iglesias. Probably a lot more that we don't know about.