wig last option can anyone know its fake

rita

Reaction score
hi all

thanks to u all and god bless everyone with messages here .i thought i was the only one as a woman with hairloss.what do u all think im trying to try wig i went to wig store they said its 200 bugs ,yesterday i felt too bad to see my hair in the shower drain in bunches then i told to myself think this is the last day of your life then u will enjoy the day .but i dont know how long it will help me .im too frustrated to think of me in this ugly situation ,sorry for my feelings
just that im emotional at times at my situaiton
good luck to all

krazy-j

Reaction score
i am feeling the same

rita-

i just want you to know that you are not the only one going through this. i am 22 years old and i have been losing my hair for a year and a half now. i bought my first wig in september. and everytime i wear it i wonder if people can tell that it is fake. most of the time they do not unless you tell them.

this is the most traumatizing thing i have ever went through besides losing my dad in june 2001. i know wigs are not the greatest but at least you are able to hide the hair loss and at least try to live normal. i know its hard and all i can say is chin up. keep good spirits and may god bless you.

krazy-j :)

teester

Reaction score
Hi Rita,
I feel your pain. I guess I am still at the learning to accept stage. I am still very angry. I ask why a lot. I feel it is not fair. I am healthy, I take care of myself. So a few good screams in the pillow and many cries and I feel numb. I avoid showers because I don't want to see the hair. I cover my head whenever possible because I would spend all day watching the hair fall out. Sometimes I want it to just completely fall out. This slow torture is hard on me.
I went out with friends last night and after an hour I wanted to go home. My friends managed to keep me out for one more hour and then I was done. I see that I am slowly becoming a hermit. I don't want to leave the house unless my head is covered and I won't have the opportunity to run into anyone. I limit my conversations if I do see someone. I fear they will notice my hair is thinning. Sometimes I want to scream at the top of my lungs and tell everyone and get it over with.
Well that felt good. I am so glad to have found this website. I check it daily so I don't feel so alone. Thanks for listening, Teester

Rozzy252

Established Member
Reaction score
You know what?? Just today I was thinking to myself...okay...so I don't live in a time where there is a cure for this....but I do live in an age where I have the internet and can connect with all of you. Thank God for that....because no one around me understands fully what I am going through...this is the typical response at my work...(I'm a nurse)...oh you're female...so you won't lose all of your hair. I keep saying to them...bull****. that's all it is. So I won't be bald...but if you can see my scalp all over ..then what good is that??? So I might have hair that so called "shades" my scalp but oh yes... I'M female so I won't lose all of it....its just as well that I do... :roll: . But here, I read all your posts and my heart strings pull.....as relieving as it is to not be alone... its so gutwrenching to see how it affects all of us. I can't wait for the day when we are all here talking about how good our hair looks after we have taken the pill that cures hair loss....even if its 20 years from now. My god, if they can send someone to the moon...and do all this medical advancement...there has got to be room for hair too.

msgluv

Reaction score
WIG

Hi Rita,
I just wanted to let you know that I recently bought a wig. It cost $200 too! However, it was well worth it. I feel so much better wearing it. My hair wasn't so, so bad YET... but it was bad enough for me to feel paranoid and ugly. I started to use Rogaine, and the big shed took a lot of my hair. It also made my balding spots more noticeable, because of the wetness. I went back to work after summer vacation. People noticed that my hair looked fuller (with the wig), but I didn't tell anyone. My family knew right away, but they tell me how great it looks, and how they can't even tell. I know that they wouldn't just tell me that. My fiance has been my best friend with this whole ordeal. He helped me figure out the best way to wear it, and how it could look more real. It takes a while to get used to, but I am dealing with it. However, I won't lie... I do feel paranoid around my work friends, because they so notice the difference. Also the scalp has netting on it. It is very minute, but I feel that everyone can tell that it is fake hair. I will forever feel this way. But I have to say, it is better than walking around with bald spots. That made me even more paranoid. I try to believe that they may know it's fake, but it's better than no option at all. My new fear is when I sleep out, I don't want anyone to see my hair the way it is without the wig. I live with my fiance, so of course he sees me. I am okay with that. I wish I had hair, and I do feel unattractive at times, but he loves me... and I hope he always will... even as it gets worse. My big fear is our honeymoon. we are going to the Bahamas, and we'll be outside all day... so I don't know how I will deal without the wig... i am kind of dependent on it. I worry how I will go swimming, etc... I may just have to wear a hat in the water.... it sucks that this is happening to all of us. Hang in there,,, and give a wig a chance!