wig help...what are the best wigs out there

starfullpatches

Reaction score
i love to swim and go to waterparks and do other water activities however since the hair loss I have not done anything in the water hardly at all because my wig comes off and it is extremely embarrassing. Are there any wigs out there that allow you to enjoy the water without fear of it falling off? :punk:

Grimoire

Reaction score
You will get the most secure attachment with a wig that has poly or ThinSkin (solid material) around the entire base. Another option is to have poly around the back and sides and lace at the front for the most natural appearance. There are some excellent strong tapes you can use at the hairline. I recommend Eagle lace tape and Walker No-Shine tape. I get them from hatsoffhair (I get my hair systems there too).

VogueWigsHater

Reaction score
I don't know about the best wigs, but the worst ones I know of are the Jon Renau wigs and the worst place to buy them at is Voguewigs.com.

On the Jon Renau wig, the front of the hairline curls up, exposing the underside of the lace making the wig look ridiculously fake. Aside from that, it's an average wig as far as synthetics go.

The worst place to buy one is voguewigs.com. They won't post the negative review I gave the Jon Renau wig because it would lower its five star rating. They only publish the positive reviews in a deceptive marketing scheme designed to fool cancer victims and other hair loss sufferers into thinking the wigs are better than what they actually are. Their return policy is as bad as their wigs.

I complained to both companies, but neither cares. Neither Jon Renau nor voguewigs.com stands behind their products.

Anita1978

Reaction score
hi starfullpatches

i'm a white water rafting fan :) so definitely need a wig that stays in place!

you have options.

a lace or thin skin wig is best - very light on your scalp (lace is the lightest and the most breathable). you can bond them to you using tapes and/or adhesive. thinskin seems to be better for clean ups when you take your wig off, the tapes / adhesive seem to slide off. on lace however, it can be diffuclt to get the residue off completely. this can lead to wear and tear of the lace so you may end up needing to replace a lace wig more often

a compromise is a lace wig with thin skin perimeter - you get the lightness and breathability of lace with thinskin on the permiter to attach tapes / adhesives on

another option is to get some heavy duty wig clips. I sew my own wig clips in, usually about 8 around the perimeter and this keeps my wig on even when flaling down a waterfall!

let me know if you need any more info

xx

mimay_pasaway03

Reaction score
well you can choose between synthetic and natural..
Iv been wearing them since i was young since i have AU since birth.
iprefer synthetic though but you can always choose..

For synthetics its nice coz it lasts longer than natural wigs..the only thing is when its new it has this super shiny texture that gives you a "hey look at me im wearing a wig"sign on your face so its better if you lessen the shine by sinking it in shampoo and dont forget to use a conditioner..
The other thing about synthetics is it curdles like a burnt rope after a long time but its fixable by using a flat iron (in very low heat). plus conditioners are really really important.

For natural wigs its normaly like a real hair.and will eventually obtain damages like real hair has like split ends and drying out and brittleness wich you cant really fix coz natural wigs dont have roots so they are more likely to damage easier that synthetic..

so they key is be confident and just wear it as it's really yours..dont be scared to flip it or style it..

rickycarr1

Reaction score
The best hair replacement system for the more active among us would definitely be the monofilament ones. this is how mine is attached and involved no surgery. let me know if youd like to find out more id be happy to chat.

O

orderwigsonline

Hello everyone,
The important part is not about the cap or glue.
There are many different ingredient in the waterparks,these stuff will make the hair tangle badly.
If you really know how to wash a wig and take good care of it,you could swim with a wig.
But if you not,its really not a good choice to swim with a lace wig.
Tom

Spleace

Reaction score
Hi,
First I like to share my experience of using natural human hair wig from “Priyankaa hair Tradersâ€￾. When am looking for a high quality wig, my friend suggest me to buy wig from them. I use natural human hair wig and brazillian human hair wig which are good in quality from them. Try out this!

Reaction score
I own a damage free hairpiece and extensions company in SC and would love to help you. I custom cut and color pieces to match customers hair perfectly! Please look me up on FB I ship all over the country! Ashtyn Tinsley Guest L.A. Hair Boutique 864-590-8924 (I ALSO CUSTOM WIGS)

easternhair

Reaction score
machine wefted wig or handmade wig

Hey everyone,

I wanna talk about the differences between a machine wefted wig and a full lace hand-made wig.

Machine wefted wigs are different from hand-made Lace wigs So as, in that machine wefted wigs - hair could be more bulky and more difficult to style. The reason that machine wefted wigs are more difficult to style is that their hair is sewn at certain angles or in certain directions or patterns. If you want style your wigs differently or comb your wigs in different directions, you may have the problems. If the hair, for example, in a machine wefted wig is sewn downward but you want the hair combed upward, you may have a problem getting the hair smooth. If the hair is long, the ends might turn upward nicely while the hair closet to the scalp may not cooperate as well. However, hand-made wigs give you more styling versatility because the hair of hand-made wig is stitched individually. feel free to ask more question about full lace wigs or wigs, thanks,

machine wefted wig
Synthetic-lace-front-wig-2-16-SST-cap-close-up.jpg

hand-made wig
photo 5.jpgphoto 3.jpg

have a nice day :)

Last edited:

RosyR26

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, in response to the first question, am I just being silly, I thought a really good wig adhesive would solve this? If not you can buy a glueless wig, I get a wig called the invisible wig from mora mode It comes with the the snap clip combs for added security and an elastic band.

Grace J

My Regimen
Reaction score
i love to swim and go to waterparks and do other water activities however since the hair loss I have not done anything in the water hardly at all because my wig comes off and it is extremely embarrassing. Are there any wigs out there that allow you to enjoy the water without fear of it falling off? :punk:
you should try human hair wigs with clips sewn in to the wefts to make sure they stay in good. i would stay away from blondes if youre swimming in chlorine though!! it can turn green! lace fronts are great too!

Mango

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe you can try pre-made fake scalp wig. Everybody is posting Hairvivi Pre-made Fake Scalp Wig on YouTube! So i saw several videos. Honestly, it's the only one wig that really achieves no glue needed, so i think it may be the wig that allows you to enjoy the water without fear of it falling off.

Gina Diaz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you seen the new Lace Crown Extensions yet? My client's call it the Game Changer.

Attachments

• topclosure-learnmore.png
    topclosure-learnmore.png
    996.9 KB · Views: 317

Gina Diaz

My Regimen
Reaction score
you should try human hair wigs with clips sewn in to the wefts to make sure they stay in good. i would stay away from blondes if youre swimming in chlorine though!! it can turn green! lace fronts are great too!

There are other alternatives. We use Top Lace Closures with The Flat Method - together they are called the Game Changer.
If you need any further help please contact me.

Gina Diaz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I own a damage free hairpiece and extensions company in SC and would love to help you. I custom cut and color pieces to match customers hair perfectly! Please look me up on FB I ship all over the country! Ashtyn Tinsley Guest L.A. Hair Boutique 864-590-8924 (I ALSO CUSTOM WIGS)

very cool!!!!