Why was the Dr. Muhammed thread deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I thought it was one of the better threads, from a purely medical, research oriented, point of view, this board has seen recently. Oh well.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah i thought it was a good thread and lots of good information

i want answers?! :)

Prevent99

Reaction score
You've got to be kidding me! That guy was a quack! He is clearly not a real doctor or a scientist. He didn't support any of his conclusions with clinical data. He also made statements which have been proven to be incorrect. That BS about Minoxidil killing your hair. Bryan has posted a study in the past that analyzed hair after the cessation of minoxidil treatment and it returned to the pre-treatment baseline after a short shed period. Also propecia has been proven to work in the anterior and mid scalp. There is a two year investigation proving this to the be the case. We should keep a critical watch when generalized statements are made without data to back them up!

Kudos to the forum manager for deleting this con artist :bravo:

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess coming on here lying about being a doctor does violate the forum rules. But I thought it was an interesting discussion, nonetheless.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
No real doctor is going to use terms like "you let the dogs out when you used Propecia". I would never use such crazy terms. My words are always to the point. He was obviously very intelligent how he worded his phrases but I guess we were PUNKED. :punk:

toivonen

Established Member
Reaction score
Were we?!? :whistle: ...i wonder....maybe we must revise all the notion we have about, who ""puncke's" who...
Anyway we're way from what's important..who cares about if he's a dr or not..sh...if i though that was the most important thing..i would only stick with my dermatologist, and wouldn't come to these forums..these forums are to share diferent point of views, and that's exactly what he was doing! There are here many people who are much more controversial, and more important, completly empty of knloledge, and i never saw them penalized in any form...i tell you people, i find this atitude very very strange, and am very sad to see that diferent point of views are beeing bashed....i guess that's what you have, when we take firm positions against waht is the status quo!!..anybody said....BIG PHARMACEUTICAL companys?!?!..FDA...other established interests?!!? :innocent:

A very sad day, indeed...totaly against it..IMO

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i am against this aswell....

it should not have been deleted as it was a point of view.... i have made lots of suggestions that i do not have solid evidence for or against....

the thread would only have been deleted if it posted a threat to someone or some company...........

how do we know if he was lying about his status?

anyone can say they are a doctor or scientist........

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
The guy gave me an idea of crushing accutane pills in my minoxidil!!LOL

Cassin

Reaction score
mj9 said:
the thread would only have been deleted if it posted a threat to someone or some company...........

go take your conspiracy theories somewhere else.

I have been doing this a long time, I know what I am doing.

EVEN if he was legit, it violates forums rules to post here. This place is now, and will always be, independent. It is here for users only and no pharmacy reps or people who run clinics and anything in between.

We don't even have ads.

mj9 said:
anyone can say they are a doctor or scientist........

Another perfect reason why we have such a rule.

Here is part of the rule

No Spamming!

The HairlossTalk Discussion Forums are a consumers-only forum. This means anyone who is associated with any product or service tied to the hair loss industry is not permitted to register or participate on these forums. Doing so qualifies as stealing free advertising, and this will not be tolerated. Your membership will be immediately identified and removed. If you are interested in sponsoring the HairlossTalk Site, please contact us via the proper means on our Contact Us page.

GeminiX

Reaction score
I'm in no-way trying to speak for Cassin here, but in my opinion I think it's very important to keep in mind the responsibility the board owners and moderators have here.

People come here looking for help and for information on how to improve our hair loss situation, the same reasons that we all came here for in fact.

It's bad enough when people post what they claim to be fact which is unsupported by any verifiable evidence; add someone who claims to be a medical professional to this scenario and you're suddenly on quite thin ice.

Heck, if this was my forum I would probably force people to provide evidence for all claimed "facts" or delete their posts... Hmm, that said, I don't think the forum would be nearly as much fun then :)

*edit* typos and spelling errors due to lack of caffeine

toivonen

Established Member
Reaction score
Who am i to doubt the legitimicy of Cassin, after all is the moderator of these forums...what i'm in title is to have an opinion (after all the reason of existance of these forums)...i'm sure he made what he thought was best, and i'm only saying what my mind feels to be a bad judgment/decision....that's all! I couldn't care less if people agree with me or not, i always been independent of other people judments, and in no way let the, have any weight in my thoughts...but this is not the way i see these forums should be, in the other hand, i'm not the moderator, nor do i claim to be the "master" of the truth...however, have in title to express my opinion (like i think was Dr Muhammed case)..giving continuity to what should be the spirit of these forums...that beeing said...think what you want to think...i don't give a flying fu...and wish you all a good journey

G

The guy seemed like he knew more about hairloss than anyone here thats for sure...But he had other motives you can tell...Nobody like that comes here for his son lol...

Cassin

Reaction score
Let me put it this way....

Treat claims on hair loss forums as you would hair loss treatments...

Don't believe a damn thing until you see proof.

Be 100% skeptical.

Status
Not open for further replies.