Why there will NEVER be a cure for baldness

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In general, I think it is rather nonsensicle to believe that existing industries can ever block the entry of newer and better technologies to the market. If you just look at the products we are using over the last decades, it is clear that there is rapid development across the board and each bit of progress was to the detriment of other companies or even entire industries, who were profitable, rich and powerful before the new competitors arrived.

Specific to hair loss, I think that "the cure" will most likely be a expansion of the market rather than a decline. Let's say Stemson makes it and the price their product at €50.000 then that will be far more than an individual would spend even on hair transplants, minodixil, finasteride and other garbage.

I also wondered why a guy like Musk didn't commit a billion or so to solving this problem. My only explanation is that most billionairs are a little bit older and might still feel some kind of shame in solving a purely cosmetical issue like hair loss (Yes, I know it can affect mental health, but this is the perception most people have) since that is quite common in older generations. My guess is that they want to be seen as tackling real issues instead of engaging in vanity projects.
i agree with You:)

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ooof. Of course, the evil pharmaceutical industry wants us all to take finasteride because all baldies use it and nobody fears the side effects. even the thousands of suppliers of Finasteride film-coated tablets are in fact just one big company. and the $5 at Wallmart for a three month supply
(?) they will definitely get rich with it. and in my country we only hear positive things about it! You hear about it almost everywhere, it is advertised everywhere and none of our articles say anything about the side effects or PFS.

My goodness. can't we just accept that hair follicles work like organs and are therefore much more difficult to understand? of course it has implications for research as it is not a serious disease and the complexity makes it difficult to gauge whether the theory will work in practice. we have seen so many companies that sounded promising with their research and yet failed. such trials now cost a lot of money. But of course, they have had the miracle cure for a long time and only pump the billions into the individual trials so that we first hope and then disappointedly buy finasteride again for $5-30. lol.
it is true that there is a lot of sh*t going on in the pharmaceutical industry. Nevertheless, some seem to need the melodramatic kick here.

How do you explain the quick vaccines made using experimental technology for covid while there are other real curable diseases plaguing humanity? That aren’t as prevelant as covid so less $$$

To think that these corporate big pharma think the same way as an average joe is foolish.

A cure for baldness wouldn’t be profitable at all. What will be the target audience? Sufferers aged 20-30s. Broke, unable to afford the cure and when they do it, it will be once in a lifetime thing.

Want to see another real live example? Look up antibiotics and antifungals. Bacteria are gaining resistance at a rapid pace but new antibiotics aren’t being researched at all by big pharma. Why? Because it’s less profit. It’s gotten so worse that govts had to pass laws incentivising and fast tracking antibiotics research. Antifungals is an even much more abandoned area.

I know it hurts to think this but that’s the harsh reality. How many big corporations do you know that are spending serious money on research for baldness? Because I know none

Alec708

My Regimen
Reaction score
There's a lot of guys like myself, norwood 5, 6 and 7, who aren't spending a nickel on their hair loss because we know nothing will help. At least nothing that will make any huge difference. The industry isn't making sh*t from us. However, if a cure came out we would gladly spend thousands for it. And yes, I would consider a lifetime pill and/or topical that produced a full head of hair a cure.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you explain the quick vaccines made using experimental technology for covid while there are other real curable diseases plaguing humanity? That aren’t as prevelant as covid so less $$$

To think that these corporate big pharma think the same way as an average joe is foolish.

A cure for baldness wouldn’t be profitable at all. What will be the target audience? Sufferers aged 20-30s. Broke, unable to afford the cure and when they do it, it will be once in a lifetime thing.

Want to see another real live example? Look up antibiotics and antifungals. Bacteria are gaining resistance at a rapid pace but new antibiotics aren’t being researched at all by big pharma. Why? Because it’s less profit. It’s gotten so worse that govts had to pass laws incentivising and fast tracking antibiotics research. Antifungals is an even much more abandoned area.

I know it hurts to think this but that’s the harsh reality. How many big corporations do you know that are spending serious money on research for baldness? Because I know none
Stemson needs hundreds of millions for their research and testing, before success but bezos is a greedy cuck

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are you spending every single day in the last 18 years here if you think baldness can't be cured?
I have been studying common baldness for many decades, it is like a hobby for me to see where the research goes in this regard, but I do not believe that a cure such as the birth of new hair can be achieved when they are formed only in the embryonic stage. The best would be to grow the hairs in a petri dish to graft them onto the patient. On the other hand, I would like to know what is the true initial cause that triggers the process, for me it is very clear, but I cannot convince many people. Once this point is achieved, true preventive remedies could be developed.

A cure for baldness wouldn’t be profitable at all
A covid vaccine cost less than 50 $.

-specter-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been studying common baldness for many decades, it is like a hobby for me to see where the research goes in this regard, but I do not believe that a cure such as the birth of new hair can be achieved when they are formed only in the embryonic stage. The best would be to grow the hairs in a petri dish to graft them onto the patient. On the other hand, I would like to know what is the true initial cause that triggers the process, for me it is very clear, but I cannot convince many people. Once this point is achieved, true preventive remedies could be developed.

A covid vaccine cost less than 50 $.
so in your opinion what is the trigger of this damn pathology, for me this is not a characteristic of the person

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
IMHO the triguering factor are problems with sebum flow, sebum is an inestable material that oxidizes passing time, and the real problem is inside pilosebaceous unit, important sebum going inner route
How does this explain the pattern? Why is sebum flow only disrupted on top of the head? Why does finasteride stop hair loss for most people? Does finasteride restore sebum flow?

mminh

My Regimen
Reaction score
If things go well, in 3 more months I'll give you all an answer to this awful disease. And for free, of course. Watching people ruining their life because of this disease is painful.

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Why would it matter if it would be a once in a lifetime thing? If that one-time expense is €50.000,- wouldn't that be better from a market perspective than somebody that spends €1000,- a year for 20 years?

I agree that companies almost solely act on financial incentives, but with the rise of social media, growing markets especially in Asia and a changing culture that places higher demands on male appearance than before, I think the monetary benefits of finding something better will become clear to bigger companies if they aren't already clear yet. Shiseido did invest a lot in their product but didn't seem to follow up.

Case in point is also that it is all not that easy with cosmetic / medical treatments. We are making rapid progress in biology, stem cell research etc but haven't really done that much spectacular stuff yet. I guess nobody would doubt that being able to rejuvenate someones skin would instantly make you the richest person in the would. However, we are still working with bs lotions, creams etc.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
How does this explain the pattern? Why is sebum flow only disrupted on top of the head? Why does finasteride stop hair loss for most people? Does finasteride restore sebum flow?
I like your questions, always we must ask two important questions, the pattern and the difference incidence between sexes.

The pattern is due that sides and back of head are areas where we can not interrupt the natural sebum flow because they are in physical contact with an absorbent surface several hours a day, when we sleep.
Finas issues are irrelevant imo.

supermusic

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's easy, in fact despite decades of studies and research on the subject, the only currently recognized drugs were found by chance.

mminh

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think it's easy, in fact despite decades of studies and research on the subject, the only currently recognized drugs were found by chance.
I think the problem is companies trying to find a profitable solution. It is always applying this solution, taking this pill, ... and you'll regrowth your hair. But to do that, they assume they know exactly how the human body works, which is not happening in my or your lifetime IMO.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I heard about a guy who invented a horseless carriage that ran on some kind of oil product.

Very interesting device, but we will never see it widely adopted. It threatens all the horse-related industries.

Feramon1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Companies are not looking for a cure for baldness, but rather a slightly better version of finasteride. Perhaps in terms of safety, perhaps in terms of efficiency. This is the difficulty, to find something that will work, but at the same time, the one who accepts it will have to buy it again and again. Notice all new studies and companies are aiming for you to end up taking the drug 1-2 times a day. I haven't heard of anyone that says our goal is to cure baldness completely.

I don't think this is a conspiracy theory, it's just that those who invest money in research want to get as much profit as possible and preferably in the long run.

mminh

My Regimen
Reaction score
It happens in many industries. They try to help. Due to not completely understanding the problem, the product they invent does not completely solve the problem and creates another. And they make another product for the new problem, and the cycle goes on. Imo it is the best approach, trying to get to the core through research, trial and error. But then midway through the process, when the product is selling so well, greed come in and the will to find a cure diminishes.

I am familiar with the green revolution. Its idea is to help people to make more food with less labor. But in the end? Poor soil, harmful pesticides are everywhere. The farmers need to buy more and more machines, fertilizer, pesticides, and soil enhancement,... these days to keep up. And you can see a similar process in other industries like skin products, health care, ....

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Companies are not looking for a cure for baldness, but rather a slightly better version of finasteride. Perhaps in terms of safety, perhaps in terms of efficiency. This is the difficulty, to find something that will work, but at the same time, the one who accepts it will have to buy it again and again. Notice all new studies and companies are aiming for you to end up taking the drug 1-2 times a day. I haven't heard of anyone that says our goal is to cure baldness completely.

I don't think this is a conspiracy theory, it's just that those who invest money in research want to get as much profit as possible and preferably in the long run.
Lol you need to be dumb to have this kind of mindset.
It's a a genetic condition, without changing the genes or creating new hair follicles in the lab. The temporary solution will always be a life treatment.

mminh

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol you need to be dumb to have this kind of mindset.
It's a a genetic condition, without changing the genes or creating new hair follicles in the lab. The temporary solution will always be a life treatment.

So you believe that some of us are programmed to be bald because the human body is sensitive to the most popular androgen?