Why Should Anyone On Proper Treatment Continue To Bald?

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Going by the actual science and ignoring sides for a second, if someone were to hop on oral dutasteride, topical dutasteride, and an AR blocker like RU, how can their balding progress at all? You’re essentially nuking serum and scalp dht plus blocking any residual androgens with RU.

I understand lack of regrowth, maybe fibrosis can’t be dealt with the above regimen alone but you should definitely be able to maintain with the above. And that should be the case for every male suffering from male pattern baldness.

Am I missing something?

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Going by the actual science and ignoring sides for a second, if someone were to hop on oral dutasteride, topical dutasteride, and an AR blocker like RU, how can their balding progress at all? You’re essentially nuking serum and scalp dht plus blocking any residual androgens with RU.

I understand lack of regrowth, maybe fibrosis can’t be dealt with the above regimen alone but you should definitely be able to maintain with the above. And that should be the case for every male suffering from male pattern baldness.

Am I missing something?
No you’re not missing anything. For most people maintenance is a reality. For other (the ones I assume you are referencing) they simply started too late. Therefore what they are saving is already trash without any regrowth so they just say “its not worth it to maintain only this little amount of hair”.

Also expectations: some start finasteride/min and think their hair is going to automatically go back to what it was at 14 y/o. Never (rarely) the case.

Some people simply have extreme sensitivity to DHT. Therefore although their treatments is slowing down their loss its no where near comparable to how fast they’re still losing it.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
No you’re not missing anything. For most people maintenance is a reality. For other (the ones I assume you are referencing) they simply started too late. Therefore what they are saving is already trash without any regrowth so they just say “its not worth it to maintain only this little amount of hair”.

Also expectations: some start finasteride/min and think their hair is going to automatically go back to what it was at 14 y/o. Never (rarely) the case.

Some people simply have extreme sensitivity to DHT. Therefore although their treatments is slowing down their loss its no where near comparable to how fast they’re still losing it.
I suppose then it’s just a matter of mistaken expectations.
But even your scenario of someone having extra sensitive ARs, can that sensitivity really beat that regimen I posted above? It almost seems impossible

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In one of Derek vids he mentions that even if you chemically castrate yourself or be on the regimen you posted, it is still possible to continue to lose hair in very bad cases. Honestly, I don't remember why but that is just the reality god has bestowed upon us for a happy life, would love it if someone explained... Also the effectiveness of both will gradually decrease.

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because they just don't work well. There are other factors besides DHT that are still unknown that cause the balding to progress.

These medications have been out for a long time, and since the internet now exists in everyone's pocket, any man who cares enough to stop balding (and believe me, most do) can easily go down the rabbit hole of treatments. One would expect to see way less guys losing their hair than say 30 yeas ago, but its the same as before (some anecdotal evidence suggests balding even increased).

So could people continue to bald on the regimen you described? Yes they can, and as you will find out in the next 3-5 years, going bald can be considered a near certainty on those treatments.

sahak

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's mean that DHT is not the main cause of Androgenetic Alopecia, i have wrote a topic("The Mystery Inhibitor Behind The Screen")
where i discuss current knowlendge about Androgenetic Alopecia treatment and reasons why finasteride and Min dont reverse Androgenetic Alopecia . For example, from the article "Transplants from balding and hairy androgenetic alopecia scalp regrow hair comparably well on immunodeficient mice" we conclude that if we transplant vellus hair onto male nude mice, it will became terminal, as we know even castration does not convert vellus hair to terminal. It is realy f***ing strange. So there is another strong inhibitor of hair growth and reaserchers just have to find and block it. Instead they think about stem cell transplants and hair cloning, which never regrow full head of hair. Not surprisingly there has been no progress in recent decades

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a guy on the hormonal thread who used bicalutamide, dutasteride, estradiol, oral min probably and lupron yet he still lost his hair, all these "treaments" are pure luck. There is no way to see how will someone respond on them without getting on, some guys would get insane regrowth on the same drugs.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a guy on the hormonal thread who used bicalutamide, dutasteride, estradiol, oral min probably and lupron yet he still lost his hair, all these "treaments" are pure luck. There is no way to see how will someone respond on them without getting on, some guys would get insane regrowth on the same drugs.

That's just f*****g nuts. If that happened I would probably just resign to the fact that I was destined to be bald.

Too bad he didn't try something like seviteronel (at least topically). That medication might be capable of truly killing androgen synthesis in the follicle.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s so strange... did he try going for a blood test?

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's just f*****g nuts. If that happened I would probably just resign to the fact that I was destined to be bald.

Too bad he didn't try something like seviteronel (at least topically). That medication might be capable of truly killing androgen synthesis in the follicle.
At that point I can rest easy knowing I did everything I can. And at least take comfort in that.

What’s seviteronel?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
In one of Derek vids he mentions that even if you chemically castrate yourself or be on the regimen you posted, it is still possible to continue to lose hair in very bad cases. Honestly, I don't remember why but that is just the reality god has bestowed upon us for a happy life, would love it if someone explained... Also the effectiveness of both will gradually decrease.

The guy who physically castrated himself and made a thread about it on here started estradiol but he still didn't get regrowth on his crown area and started using minoxidil on it, don't know how he is doing now though.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seviteronel

Nasty stuff, but in the context of A.G.A., I would be curious to see how well it works.

Don't need to block androgens if they're never made in the first place :eek:
Ouch that sounds dangerous. Who knows what effect it has on testosterone.

I was looking at a Wikipedia article and found Proxalutamide. Apparently this is a stronger AR antagonist then Bica. It’s currently being trialed by Kintor for prostate cancer

crikey1980

Established Member
Reaction score
I actually think without DHT some would still go bald due to the long term affects of testosterone.
I mean everything the so called experts say then dutasteride and RU58841 together should cure just about everyone in stopping the balding process.

crikey1980

Established Member
Reaction score
I would love to know how you can be chemically castrated and still go bald... I actually think it's very possible but would like to know how