Why people here think norwood 2 is better than thinning crown?

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it suits him well, gives him a more distinct look imo. He'd probably look sort of bland with a standard straight across NW1.

Also regarding widow's peaks, I've seen people refer to the receded temples themselves as the "peaks" lol.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it suits him well, gives him a more distinct look imo. He'd probably look sort of bland bland with a standard straight across NW1.

Also regarding widow's peaks, I've seen people refer to the receded temples themselves as the "peaks" lol.
It somehow does, especially now that he's older and way less chiseled. He's all hairline and eyes. Change them and he's just any average white dad with a beer gut.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Leonardo Dicaprio is NW1 with window peaks. That's not NW2. And the 2nd guy is completely bald with a combover.

It somehow does, especially now that he's older and way less chiseled. He's all hairline and eyes. Change them and he's just any average white dad with a beer gut.

The second guy has a thinning crown. But if you want a fairer comparison look at Musk in the 90s for a thinning crown example

and Daniel Craig for a NW2

Note that what Musk has is just 3 months away from my original thinning hair example. And Daniel Craig is arguably closer to NW3. But I'd still never choose the thinning crown example.

SaveTheMane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even a NW3 hairline is 10 times better than a bald spot in the middle of your hairs, unless the size of the bald spot is smaller than a pea.

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The second guy has a thinning crown. But if you want a fairer comparison look at Musk in the 90s for a thinning crown example

Elon was a NW4A heading to a NW5A in 1999, back when he was 28. He didn't just have a thinning crown. I wonder how much he spent on his transplant, and who was among the board of doctors.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Elon was a NW4A heading to a NW5A in 1999, back when he was 28. He didn't just have a thinning crown. I wonder how much he spent on his transplant, and who was among the board of doctors.

It must be a system. Is it possible to get a result like his with so much density over such a large balding area using transplants? Are there any other results like that? It would take like 20,000 grafts. He probably paid just the same as anybody else. Money doesn't buy better hair loss treatments. For comparison, Elon has much better density than James Nesbitt, who also had a great hair transplant result.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
It must be a system. Is it possible to get a result like his with so much density over such a large balding area using transplants? Are there any other results like that? It would take like 20,000 grafts. He probably paid just the same as anybody else. Money doesn't buy better hair loss treatments. For comparison, Elon has much better density than James Nesbitt, who also had a great hair transplant result.
Apparently Nesbitt has had 6 transplants. He looks great for his age. I like his result and he is sincere about his procedures and how much they've helped his career.

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Having something in the crown already looks way better than having a fully bare crown anyway.
Concealers work very well in the crown, not so good at the front, but they still can be decent.
Lol I love it when gnarly recession is referred to as a widow's peak, like the case with Vegeta whom is an Ultra-NW3 yet he is referred to as having a widow's peak all the time.

Srsly people have no idea what is a widows peak. Kit Harrington is an example of an extreme widows peak, but he is NW1.
5b2115d45e48ec1d008b4575.png

Widows peak + recession is not a widows peak.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Concealers work very well in the crown, not so good at the front, but they still can be decent.
Yeah but that's not a solution, no one wants a life of being chained to applying concealers every day. The goal is to move on with life and not be obsessed about hair loss. That's why FUE+SMP is superior.

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah but that's not a solution, no one wants a life of being chained to applying concealers every day. The goal is to move on with life and not be obsessed about hair loss. That's why FUE+SMP is superior.
Yeah but you wont use them daily or in large amounts if you combine it with a hair transplant.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah but you wont use them daily or in large amounts if you combine it with a hair transplant.
Why use them at all then. People would see me with fuller hair once and then next time with less. It's dumb. Plus I don't like applying it. SMP is better imo.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I believe he had FUT done, since there are some pictures where you can see what could be a FUT scar on the back of his head. FUT doesn't thin out the donor as much so maybe he got more than 10k grafts out of it thanks to whoever did the surgery. There's also the possibility that he wears a good frontal piece or something like that.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe he had FUT done, since there are some pictures where you can see what could be a FUT scar on the back of his head. FUT doesn't thin out the donor as much so maybe he got more than 10k grafts out of it thanks to whoever did the surgery. There's also the possibility that he wears a good frontal piece or something like that.
Machine Gun Kelly has the FUT scar as well and has a similar result to Elon Musk.. I saw signs of his hair thinning behind the transplant.

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A NW2 hairline is not a problem at all for those in their 30s and 40s because at that age you just need style, physique, money to make up for it. You don't even need all of those things, just one will do. I have a about NW1.5/2 at 36 years old, and it has not affected me one bit.

The problem with the thinning crown is it pretty much indicates game over. It is a guarantee that there will be a point in your life where you will be an obvious balding man. I have a thinning crown that is not noticeable to anyone when dry, but I already know I'm bald in 5-10 years despite dutasteride, and I will not be able to have a transplant to get an acceptable result.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
A NW2 hairline is not a problem at all for those in their 30s and 40s because at that age you just need style, physique, money to make up for it. You don't even need all of those things, just one will do. I have a about NW1.5/2 at 36 years old, and it has not affected me one bit.

The problem with the thinning crown is it pretty much indicates game over. It is a guarantee that there will be a point in your life where you will be an obvious balding man. I have a thinning crown that is not noticeable to anyone when dry, but I already know I'm bald in 5-10 years despite dutasteride, and I will not be able to have a transplant to get an acceptable result.
You could try oral min and RU to make sure that doesn’t happen

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You could try oral min and RU to make sure that doesn’t happen
You can inject 15% minoxidil into your scap and bathe in RU nightly. If you are thinning in an area, you WILL go bald in that area.

Only god determines when you go bald, not snake oils and bro science.