Why Pdg2 Inhibiting Is Not Enough - Calcificatation

proscar2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Although I'm not convinced of the direct link between pdg2 and calcification as the text i've coped states, I wholeheartedly believe that calcification inhibits regrowth even with chems. And I have done so for years.

Unfortunately you mention this and mention related stuff such as 'blood flow' and people feel they are being transported back to the dark ages and refuse to re-look at the subject. However I believe this somewhat explains the three year window 'rule' that is often bandied around. Considering the limited chemicals and knowledge that was around at the time there is a legitimate reason why this theory fell by the wayside. .

This might also explain legitimately why seti/ and modern chems are not working AS WELL AS THEY SHOULD. They are (I believe) just parts of a larger jigsaw that needs to be addressed. I say again calcification is HUGE AND NEEDS TO BE RE-EXAMINED AND ADDRESSED

OPINIONS???

https://perfecthairhealth.com/prost...scovery-or-just-another-sign-of-inflammation/

text below in quotes partially taken from an interesting blog

PGD2 Hair Loss Forum Testers… Not Much (If Any) Regrowth

Some testers are reporting an arrest in hair loss. But unfortunately, none are showing significant signs of regrowth… even after a full year of testing.

But it’s not all bad news.

The Silver Lining: PGD2 Inhibitors + PGE2 Promoters Might Regrow Hair

Some researchers have combined PGD2 receptor blockers with PGE2 promoting substances, and with much better success.

Just check out the regrowth results from Swiss Temples. His “prostaglandin protocol” seems like a bit over-the-top – especially with the safety concerns of some of the substances. But it’s reaping results.

These anecdotes suggest that a PGD2 inhibitor + PGE2 promoter is probably better for hair regrowth, especially versus a PGD2 blocker alone. But based on radio silence from the PGD2 trials and the lacking results from others’ anecdotes – it seems like a PGD2 blocker alone isn’t going to regrow much hair.

Why Aren’t PGD2 Inhibitors Regrowing Much Hair?

While research is still ongoing, it might have to do with that question researchers never answered…

How exactly does prostaglandin D2 cause hair loss?

Maybe the answer is that prostaglandin D2 induces something else… calcification.

Prostaglandin D2 Doesn’t Just Trigger Hair Loss… It Also Triggers Calcification
Calcification is the build-up of calcium deposits in tissues where it doesn’t belong (for example, our soft tissues or our arteries). And studies show that PGD2 is a calcification inducer – meaning that PGD2 triggers calcification.

The bottom line: wherever PGD2 over-expresses, calcification may soon follow.

Calcification Is A Chronic Progressive Condition

The causes of calcification are complex, multifaceted, and not fully understood. But the important takeaway is this:

Calcification is chronic and progressive. If you take away whatever triggers calcification (for example, PGD2), you might stop more calcification from accumulating, but you likely won’t remove the calcification already present.

Scalp Calcification Precedes Hair Loss

The connection between calcification and hair loss was made over 70 years ago when researchers observed in those who were bald, the blood vessels supporting those dormant follicles had become completely calcified.

In fact, calcification precedes hair loss. Calcium buildup in our blood vessels restrict blood flow to our hair follicles, which reduces oxygen and nutrient flow to the follicles. This causes the hair to slowly shrink, until it disappears entirely.
Prostaglandin-D2-Calcification-Hair-Loss.jpg

Due To Calcification, PGD2 Inhibitors May Only Stop Hair Loss, But Not Regrow Much Hair

Remember: researchers haven’t yet uncovered exactly how PGD2 causes hair loss. Based on the evidence, my guess is this:

PGD2 induces calcification. That calcification then restricts blood flow to our follicles, until the follicle shrinks and the hair disappears.

If this is true, then it makes perfect sense why a PGD2 inhibitor may only stop future hair loss. If we block PGD2, we prevent future calcification… But we never get rid of the calcification that’s already there.

Why We Should Still Try To Reduce PGD2

It’s still in our best interest to decrease PGD2 expression. Doing so may protect us from hair loss and reduce the symptoms of allergies (and even asthma).

So, is there any way we can go about doing this naturally? Without drugs that haven’t completed the rigor of human trials?

Yes.

BaldAsshole

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Vitamin K and Taurine are commonly used as supplements to prevent or reverse calcification. Ubiquinol and ALCAR are used in Peyronie's Disease to reverse the plaque in the penis. Pomegranate is debated in Longecity as an useful tool in the reversal of atherosclerosis.

cretin

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am interest to know role of wounding as result of transplant operation

to me it seem result of transplant always more significant looking than follicle count quoted. I suspect wounding as part of operation FUE triggers such growth.

Mook

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been taking vitamin K2 MK7 to see if it helps at all. Should I try topically?

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Someone can explain me why when you put a healthy hair in al bald area where there are poor blood flow, fibrosis and calcification the hair doesnt fall ?

The theory of that article i think its right .
We cant reverse totally hair loss because there is calcification. Even removing dht pgd2 theres still some calcium blocking hair regrowth.

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Someone can explain me why when you put a healthy hair in al bald area where there are poor blood flow, fibrosis and calcification the hair doesnt fall ?

We cant reverse totally hair loss because there is calcification. Even removing dht pgd2 theres still some calcium blocking hair regrowth.

Maybe the process of implanting the hair causes the fibrosis/calcification to break down? Who knows....

cretin

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe the process of implanting the hair causes the fibrosis/calcification to break down? Who knows....

of my suspicion

trauma involved in transplant operation is massive, show by persistent erythema lasting weeks or months. erythema = strong localized blood flow.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
About that, i remember an history of an old man who suffered a severe burn in his scalp, after recovery some hairs regrowth in areas that there were bald for several years

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

new grafts also will suffer the same fate ! after 7000 fue 8 years later i can see big reduction in graft quality.... i dont use minoxidil or propecia like most have done after a hair transplant.

alebaba

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, wounding does indeed calcification, if I remember correctly. Taurine is a good wait to prevent it too, I take it in the morning and night time.

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why We Should Still Try To Reduce PGD2

It’s still in our best interest to decrease PGD2 expression. Doing so may protect us from hair loss and reduce the symptoms of allergies (and even asthma).

So, is there any way we can go about doing this naturally? Without drugs that haven’t completed the rigor of human trials?

Yes.
And how?

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
new grafts also will suffer the same fate ! after 7000 fue 8 years later i can see big reduction in graft quality.... i dont use minoxidil or propecia like most have done after a hair transplant.

Probably this is caused by normal aging process and not from androgens

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
What kind of wounding ? Dermarroling ?
I think anything that applies pressure to the scalp or penetrates the dermal layer to break up calcification. What’s funny is that when I use my derma stamp I’ve noticed that every time I push it down into my scalp I get a “crunch” sound and sensation. I personally much prefer the stamp.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think anything that applies pressure to the scalp or penetrates the dermal layer to break up calcification. What’s funny is that when I use my derma stamp I’ve noticed that every time I push it down into my scalp I get a “crunch” sound and sensation. I personally much prefer the stamp.

lol f*** me i remember that sound using a dermaroller

f*****g horrible lol