why now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

muscleman211

Reaction score
im 37 and 2 years ago when i was 35 i had a dead straight hairline and a full head of hair.so now 2 years later its gone into a v shape and looks pathetic.why has this happened?surely if i was gona lose hair i wouldve lost it alot earlier than 35?why no hair loss then 2 years later a mature hairline?im really confused.i thought people who go bald do it early and its supposed to stabilize in there 30s?how the hell can dht wreck a perfect hairline at 37?and why?why didnt it happen earlier?im really angry.this is a curse for all men to look stupid and like an idiot being bald.id rather have no crown.i have all my hair everywhere else nice and thick and i must be between a norwood 1 and 2 at the front.sorry fellas im so fed up with this crap.nothing can bring temples back ive read so people like me are stuck to look like a moron forever.some one must be laughing at us all men.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You are a 37 year old Norwood 1.5?

I'll say a prayer for you tonight, bro. Must be rough.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I'm gonna take cover, this is going to be a s*itstorm of a thread.

Musician

Reaction score
Dude, I am 39 and started going thin at around 34-35.. I had a lot of good years, so did you.

muscleman211

Reaction score
what have i said wrong?im only 37 not 79 and im a natural bodybuilder.my body looks great my hair looks sh*t.does it matter if your 78 years old and you dont wana lose your hair?no it dosent matter what age you are.i look about 27 so thats why im upset.why the bad feeling towards me?

thenational

Established Member
Reaction score
Im guessing your upset cause vanity is (very) important to you. Well i think the anguish towards you is because you yourself said your not balding, just a mature hairline, you are 37, you said your body looks great! And your whinging about all this to people who are younger with actual hairloss.

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jesus.....

You've had 35 years of perfect hair AND you're 37 and have a Norwood 1.5......and you're acting it's the worst thing in the world.

90% of men would love to be in your position. And a NW1.5 looks perfectly normal (Actually, better than normal) for a 37 year old.

kerzyguy

Established Member
Reaction score
i agree, its a very mild change and thats not even baldness, my grandfather had a Norwood 1 till 65 then moved to a Norwood 2, and he never went bald, just be glad your probably gonna keep that hair there, it could be alot worse

s.a.f

Reaction score
muscleman211 said:
im 37 and 2 years ago when i was 35 i had a dead straight hairline and a full head of hair.so now 2 years later its gone into a v shape and looks pathetic.why has this happened?surely if i was gona lose hair i wouldve lost it alot earlier than 35?why no hair loss then 2 years later a mature hairline?im really confused.i thought people who go bald do it early and its supposed to stabilize in there 30s?how the hell can dht wreck a perfect hairline at 37?and why?why didnt it happen earlier?im really angry.this is a curse for all men to look stupid and like an idiot being bald.id rather have no crown.i have all my hair everywhere else nice and thick and i must be between a norwood 1 and 2 at the front.sorry fellas im so fed up with this crap.nothing can bring temples back ive read so people like me are stuck to look like a moron forever.some one must be laughing at us all men.

How to win freinds on a hairloss site :whistle:

IBM

Reaction score
muscles man i know how you feel. And it doesnt matter if you lose it at twenties or forty's. Losing hair is hard and ruins the hairstyle complety. And make us feel like idiots. if it wasnt then this forum wouldnt exist.

muscles man can you show us pics so we could give you the best advice?

You can recover your hairline. There's anti-androgens and vasodilatators very powerful. You could start with finasteride+flutamide and minoxidil+nizoral. Also add a B5/Zynch shampoo.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Muscleman, I thought the same thing as you. If you don't lose hair by 35 years old you are pretty much safe from balding. I was dead wrong. However, you never know when the balding gene will turn on. Lucky for you it just happened. You are going to get bashed on this forum by the "young" balding men. They don't feel your pain. However, I can relate to what you are going thru. I just don't think you are going to get any sympathy from those who are balding at 18-25. If you can show some proof that you have significant hair loss you might make a few new friends. I would recommend not to refer to balding as curse to look stupid and an idiot. I think we have some real intelligent posters. If you don't believe me, look up some posts made by CCS. :whistle: Don't bother posting any pictures showing you are a NW1 or NW2 unless you want to get "roasted". Unfortunately, some of the young posters don't realize that losing something that you have had for so long can be hard to "digest". Somehow it becomes a "pissing contest" on here who has the saddest story. Regardless, all you can do is try Propecia and hope it holds on to what you have now. Propecia has not done wonders for me. I still believe I would have been better off without it.

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
Muscleman, a few things come to mind when I read your post.

I am about 47ish, very thick long hair except a little thin to the right- center of my crown. No grey hair except in beard but I shave my face, not all that much body hair, smooth chest , I look about 30 years old, great shape, always looked athletic, look younger than some of the 20 somethings I work with even and they always freak when they find out my real age and they cannot believe I'm that old.

So you can imagine how felt when I realized at around 45 years old that I could see some scalp at the crown when my hair was wet or oily. That was my hair in the shower drain???? BALDING WAS NOT ON MY RADAR! It is now.

My hypothesis for myself is (and I am still researching so this is not my conclusion by no means) that perhaps I shot up my testosterone, and thus DHT to a high enough level give my hair receptors a knock out punch at my crown area. Perhaps age genetics made them more sensitive to DHT but I seriously feel it was Test. levels that got way to high. I did this by eating to much of the wrong meats, muscle milk brand shakes, test. stimulating herbs and working out. Even my man vitamins had potent adrogen producing herbs in them. I had the test range even yes for about three years and I kept thinking my prime was not at 28 years old it is for me at 45! I was performing all things better, bed power, brain power, I started to wonder gosh what was going on. I was a wimp at 25 now look at me.

Propecia rescued me, took the edge off, saved my hair and I stoped ingesting all those androgenic stimulating things. DHT is down thank god but I still am too horny LOL maybe still to much test I don't know.

Peer pressure pushes men to want more andro everything but I am finding moderation much more relaxing and cosmetically appealing .

hbdale309

Reaction score
You've only been losing it for 2 years; there's still time to recover it all. Read through some of the success stories if you don't believe me.

Those follicles most likely are still alive. I've recovered what I lost during the past 2 to 3 years, but the hair lost from 5 plus years does not appear to be coming back; but hey I'm not giving up.

Status
Not open for further replies.