Why not just tell them????

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but you can't fool people.

Michaginbaldies hairpeice looks fake. There is something "strange" about his hair that makes it seem weird. Sure, people won't connect the two while out in public, but friends, family, and co-workers who see you everyday all the time will figure it out.

People will wonder why your hair stays the same shape and length so much. My hairstyle, becuase I am a nw2, changes constantly throughout the month. It keeps getting longer and everyday it sort of styles itself slightly different.

If you are truely going to fool people, you better buy like 20 slightly different looking wigs with slightly different lengths and styles.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I can tell that two guys I know are wearing hair systems. One guy's hair is like three inches tall like Traficante. That one is very obvious.

Another guy has a very good setup, but his hairline is too low and too perfect... If you saw the guy you would know what I mean.

I'm sure guys have them and I can't tell but I tend to figure it out.

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
Its the differing hair directions that make it look weird. My own hair on the sides goes forwards, and the rug hairs go back.
Them pics are from an older hairpiece, and I`ve fixed that problem for the most part.
I`ll make some new pics sometime and put them on here.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
Pointing out bad hairpieces is irrelevant to the issue of whether or not to get one, it is really only applicable if you are discussing what kind of hairpiece to get. You can get a traficant hairpiece if you like, or a Travolta, McCanaughey, Affleck one. But don't pick out the black sheep use them to make generalizations about hairpieces.

Riordan

Reaction score
MichiganBaldy said:
Its the differing hair directions that make it look weird. My own hair on the sides goes forwards, and the rug hairs go back.
Them pics are from an older hairpiece, and I`ve fixed that problem for the most part.
I`ll make some new pics sometime and put them on here.

i saw ur pics and i must say they look great, in fairness to you. u really put in a lot of effort in maintaining and styling ur pieces, which unfortunately i didnt have the art and knack for doing so that's why i gave it up. the short buzz is awesome and daring, i could only do the curly uncombed long style.

do post some of ur latest pics. cool.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
WorldofWarcraft said:
Sorry, but you can't fool people.

Michaginbaldies hairpeice looks fake. There is something "strange" about his hair that makes it seem weird. Sure, people won't connect the two while out in public, but friends, family, and co-workers who see you everyday all the time will figure it out.

People will wonder why your hair stays the same shape and length so much. My hairstyle, becuase I am a nw2, changes constantly throughout the month. It keeps getting longer and everyday it sort of styles itself slightly different.

If you are truely going to fool people, you better buy like 20 slightly different looking wigs with slightly different lengths and styles.

You look at the pictures biased by the fact that you know it is a piece. If you didn't know you wouldn't noticed anything different about it.

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
Theres always room for improvement.
Our biggest critics, are our best allies. Quality control :)

blondeguy

Established Member
Reaction score
What do you guys do when you want to go swimming? Or when it rains? Or if you're roughhousing with a friend (or girlfriend...) and they grab your hair and pull it off?

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
I despise swimming for the most part (just never been a fan of it), so I can't really help you on that. As for the rain, it doesn't really make any difference. Does my hair look crappy after getting rained on? Yeah, just like my natural hair. It gets frizzy and flat just like any naturally growing curly hair would.

It would take a LOT of effort to get a well-attached hairpiece off. My fiancee knows better than to pull my hair. Anyone that's pulling hard enough to actually remove the piece is probably about to get an assbeating anyways (you'd have to be purposefully violent to get mine off, it's stuck on there pretty tight).

These things aren't perfect, but they can be a whole lot better than people assume.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
blondeguy said:
It just seems like a hassle to me. I wouldn't want to worry about it.
im sure they'd rather not worry about it as well