Why not just tell them????

sciencedude

Reaction score
I'm so sick of all this negativity of some people who come to this forum and tell people "everyone's gonna laugh at you" or "you're putting something fake on your head and you're fake". Well to the people who say this sh*t I got news for you: You're putting something FAKE on your head too!! It's called minoxidil!!!!

And while we're on the subject you're eating fake food too! Trans-fats, chemical additives, etc...

So why not just say to people who/IF they ask if you're hair is real or not - just tell them "maybe it's real or maybe it's not.

The point is we all a full head of hair cause it looks good. Some people shave their heads cause it looks good.

Have you ever seen a guy who shaves his head to make people think that he was born without hair and has never had hair??!?!?!

So to all the assholes who don't offer any constructive advice SCREW YOU!!!!

And to the rest of us don't let the a**h** discourage you.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Any decent looking girl is going to sh*t her pants and dump you if she find outs you glue a rug to your head unless she is like 50 + years old.

Why don't ya stuff socks in the arms of your shirt to make it look like ya got huge biceps while you are at it :shock:

sciencedude

Reaction score
WorldofWarcraft said:
Any decent looking girl is going to $#iT her pants and dump you if she find outs you glue a rug to your head unless she is like 50 + years old.

Why don't ya stuff socks in the arms of your shirt to make it look like ya got huge biceps while you are at it :shock:

As I said in the previous post, the point of a system is to look good not to fool everyone. I don't know about you but the girls I know like me for me and not how I look which includes some well know girls.

jake1980

Established Member
Reaction score
sciencedude

dont waste your breath with worldofwarcrap. he as not got a clue what he is talking about . . the things he comes out with just makes me laugh
if he not in to hairsystems why the hell does he hang around this forum . :-x

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sciencedude, I do not believe that it is "wrong" or "fake" to wear a wig. I wish more than anyone else that it was socially acceptable, preety much like contact lenses, but it is not. People WILL make fun of you. Be it, your colleagues, your classmates, your friends or as you can guess people that dont like you a lot or people that envy you. All these feelings (like envy etc) may not be right but they are natural human feelings and in your life you definately going to run into them.

Perhaps your partner or your VERY close friends will not make fun of you, but anyone else will. I ve heard jokes for even more sensitive things than a wig, like a fake leg or skin burn. People are not always nice and this is the truth, unfortunately. I am not trying to be negative this is the real world.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
First of all, they are only going to make fun of you if they know you are wearing a wig and if they can tell, then you shouldn't be wearing it. 2nd, even if a few people do make fun of you for wearing one, are you going to let them control your life? You are more likely to get made fun of for being bald than for wearing a piece because being bald is much more detectable.

Even if people know you are bald and wear a hairpiece, they will still percieve you as you with the hairpiece and they will treat you according to their perception. For example, we all know Matthew McCanaughey (probly misspelled) John Travolta, and Tyra Banks wear wigs, but when somebody mentions their names the images that come to your mind are images of them with hair. Perception is reality.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jake1980 said:
sciencedude

dont waste your breath with worldofwarcrap. he as not got a clue what he is talking about . . the things he comes out with just makes me laugh

he posts in every forum, look at his post count. i don't waste my time with the crap he posts anymore. with the amount of time he spends here spitting negative crap at everyone he's obviously the most unhappy, most obsessed person here.

if you want to wear a hair piece by all means just do it. if you would rather wear fake hair then be bald, THEN WEAR FAKE HAIR.

i don't tell anyone i'm treating hair loss, i wear a cap all the time and when i can't i wear my hair forwards to cover it up as best i can. but if i can regrow to where my hair looks good again, i'm gonna tell everyone i treated my hair loss. if it's a success, who cares what ppl think. girls wear weaves to make their hair longer, because they either don't want to wait for their hair to grow out or because their hair just isn't healthy enough to grow that long.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dietcola said:
jake1980 said:
sciencedude

he posts in every forum, look at his post count. i don't waste my time with the crap he posts anymore. with the amount of time he spends here spitting negative crap at everyone he's obviously the most unhappy, most obsessed person here.

if you want to wear a hair piece by all means just do it. if you would rather wear fake hair then be bald, THEN WEAR FAKE HAIR.

i don't tell anyone i'm treating hair loss, i wear a cap all the time and when i can't i wear my hair forwards to cover it up as best i can. but if i can regrow to where my hair looks good again, i'm gonna tell everyone i treated my hair loss. if it's a success, who cares what ppl think. girls wear weaves to make their hair longer, because they either don't want to wait for their hair to grow out or because their hair just isn't healthy enough to grow that long.

You are just pissed cause I am on dutastride and you are too dumb/scared to try it.

If you think wigs are so great, and considering you just admitted you are obsessed with hair, why don't you wear one? Your hair is very receeded on the temples. You won't wear one will you. Because you know they are rediculous.

Check Mate

p.s. I know you guys suffer from low levels of intelligence so you never thought of this, but people at work will notice something odd about your hair. No matter how hard you try to style it the same, people's hair looks different daily. People will wonder why you have the exact same hair shape, in the exact same pattern, day in and day out. Moreover, rug hair looks fake. Michigan baldies hair looks fake. Maybe people won't notice its a wig right away, but they will wonder why your hair looks so odd.

What if there is a balding guy that has norwood spotted you at work. He will easily know you switched to a rug and call you out.

Bottom line, wigs still don't look right. Although I cannot instantly spot some wigs, I do say hmmm his hair looks weird. Eventually SOMEONE will put 2 and 2 together.

sciencedude

Reaction score
WorldofWarcraft said:
dietcola said:
jake1980 said:
sciencedude

You are just pissed cause I am on dutastride and you are too dumb/scared to try it.

If you think wigs are so great, and considering you just admitted you are obsessed with hair, why don't you wear one? Your hair is very receeded on the temples. You won't wear one will you. Because you know they are rediculous.

Check Mate

p.s. I know you guys suffer from low levels of intelligence so you never thought of this, but people at work will notice something odd about your hair. No matter how hard you try to style it the same, people's hair looks different daily. People will wonder why you have the exact same hair shape, in the exact same pattern, day in and day out. Moreover, rug hair looks fake. Michigan baldies hair looks fake. Maybe people won't notice its a wig right away, but they will wonder why your hair looks so odd.

What if there is a balding guy that has norwood spotted you at work. He will easily know you switched to a rug and call you out.

Bottom line, wigs still don't look right. Although I cannot instantly spot some wigs, I do say hmmm his hair looks weird. Eventually SOMEONE will put 2 and 2 together.

I tried propecia and then dutastride. It doesn't work. Maybe it works for some people but it totally changes the balances of your hormones and I'm pretty sure most people here don't have them checked or are not considering the effect those hormones have on the body in general.

Why would you have the same hairstyle with a piece? And you you say the hair looks fake and odd then show us some pics.

So what if a norwood guy spotted me as long as I look good. But if you say pieces look fake then provide some evidence.

And by the way YOU are using something fake. It's called dutasteride and your body does have a reaction to it regardless of what you may convince yourself otherwise. Dutasteride and propecia are NOT the answer to hairloss. They're not even close. They may or may not produce some temporary cessation of hair loss but since hair biology is more complex than that it is only temporary and not as you think.

jake1980

Established Member
Reaction score
worldof warcraft

your wasting your money on dutasteride or minoxidil they may slow down the hair loss a little . your putting fake stuff on your head. as i said in the past my friends dont even no i wear.. thats how good my hair looks. and your stil coming out with crap.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
As i said before, i dont think its bad to wear a wig. I would never make fun of someone wearing one. But there is a GREAT chance that once people find out (no matter how good it is, it is very possible that they will) they will make fun of you. If you think you can handle it thats great wear one. Personally i couldnt.

WorldofWarcraft said:
Check Mate

Its funny how some people think, that with a line of ridiculus arguments "check-mated" their "rivals" on a "debate".

By ridiculus arguments i mean something like this:

or this:
If you think wigs are so great, and considering you just admitted you are obsessed with hair, why don't you wear one?

Its completely LFMAO.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
HAHA. Yeah, I'm sure he did great in debate class.

The whole purpose of propecia is to f*** with your hormones. I tried it and it did help my hair a lot, but after 3 months I started to notice my chest getting bigger and it wasn't from working out, so i quit screwing with that product. Fortunately everything went back to normal after I quit. I'm sure that finasteride has a lot more side affects than the companies claim. If you want to do the tranny thing that is up to you.

Anyways, in what way do John Travolta and Matthew McCanaughey's hairpieces look bad? Matt got voted best male celebrity hair in some big magazine recently. Please use your brilliant logic to explain how these examples fit into your arguments.

Check mate

G

sciencedude said:
Dutasteride and propecia are NOT the answer to hairloss. They're not even close. They may or may not produce some temporary cessation of hair loss but since hair biology is more complex than that it is only temporary and not as you think.

You shouldn't have to lie to make your points. I have no problems with people who decide to wear hairpieces or people who decide to try drugs, or both, but do not make posts like this because they are utterly false.

Dutasteride is the closest thing we have to complete hair maintenance. If you get on it early enough, you can expect to never go past a Norwood 3-4 in most cases, then can get transplants to get back to a full head of hair.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I work with women and let me tell you, they notice the slightest details about everything. There are ten times more noticable of the smallest thing then men. They notice things about my physical apperance I didn't even notice and I see myself in the mirror daily.

I'm telling you a wig is a huge risk. You can justify it with extreme examples of celeberties with wigs but you aren't rich/famous/great looking all wrapped up into one package are you?

If it was that simple just to slap a wig on I wouldn't even waste time with hair, I would have done it a long time ago. I wish it were that simple but it isn;t.

sciencedude

Reaction score
JayMan said:
sciencedude said:
Dutasteride and propecia are NOT the answer to hairloss. They're not even close. They may or may not produce some temporary cessation of hair loss but since hair biology is more complex than that it is only temporary and not as you think.

You shouldn't have to lie to make your points. I have no problems with people who decide to wear hairpieces or people who decide to try drugs, or both, but do not make posts like this because they are utterly false.

Dutasteride is the closest thing we have to complete hair maintenance. If you get on it early enough, you can expect to never go past a Norwood 3-4 in most cases, then can get transplants to get back to a full head of hair.

Hair biology IS more complex than lowering DHT and there are side effects that drug companies try to minimize cause it's in their best interest.

And what does early enough mean? Do you actually know that you would progress from a Norwood 1 to a 7 if you did/did not take dutasteride?

Don't just think that DHT is evil with no use in the body. Just because scientist don't know everything that DHT does besides affect the hair cycle doesn't mean there are no other uses for DHT.

So it's not a lie and almost everyone on it is screwing with their hormones and they don't take regular blood tests to make sure they are in balance.

sciencedude

Reaction score
WorldofWarcraft said:
I work with women and let me tell you, they notice the slightest details about everything. There are ten times more noticable of the smallest thing then men. They notice things about my physical apperance I didn't even notice and I see myself in the mirror daily.

I'm telling you a wig is a huge risk. You can justify it with extreme examples of celeberties with wigs but you aren't rich/famous/great looking all wrapped up into one package are you?

If it was that simple just to slap a wig on I wouldn't even waste time with hair, I would have done it a long time ago. I wish it were that simple but it isn;t.

Hair peices are much better now than they were 7 to 10 years ago. And they are NOT wigs as you call them. Wigs are heavy fake looking things.

And so what if women notice something. They look very close to natural so it shouldn't be a big deal. If they notice something just ask them what they notice and how you can make it better. Don't they give you advice when they notice things about you?

Some of my friends who are girls have boob jobs. They look good. Do you think they go around worrying that guys will think their boobs are fake? No they don't.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sciencedude, the difference between a boobjob and a hairsystem is that the first one is more socially acceptable than a hair piece. If you dont care to wear one then you have something that we all should be jealous off, but i dont know if you are OK with the fact that you maybe a target for sarcastic comments or you just dont believe there will be any.

G

sciencedude said:
Hair biology IS more complex than lowering DHT and there are side effects that drug companies try to minimize cause it's in their best interest.

Yeah it's more complex, but there's no question that DHT is the main aggressor. Taking care of that is taking care of 95% of the problem.

And what does early enough mean? Do you actually know that you would progress from a Norwood 1 to a 7 if you did/did not take dutasteride?

I mean while you still have hair to keep. These drugs are best for maintenance and not for regrowth. Much easier to maintain than to regrow and an NW3 has more to maintain than an NW6.

Don't just think that DHT is evil with no use in the body. Just because scientist don't know everything that DHT does besides affect the hair cycle doesn't mean there are no other uses for DHT.

So it's not a lie and almost everyone on it is screwing with their hormones and they don't take regular blood tests to make sure they are in balance.

I never said that DHT was evil with no use in the body. But the body is capable of functioning with a dramatically reduced percentage of DHT. I've reduced mine by 90%+ and am doing fine.

G

JayMan said:
sciencedude said:

Yeah it's more complex, but there's no question that DHT is the main aggressor. Taking care of that is taking care of 95% of the problem.

I mean while you still have hair to keep. These drugs are best for maintenance and not for regrowth. Much easier to maintain than to regrow and an NW3 has more to maintain than an NW6.

[quote:767e4]Don't just think that DHT is evil with no use in the body. Just because scientist don't know everything that DHT does besides affect the hair cycle doesn't mean there are no other uses for DHT.

I never said that DHT was evil with no use in the body. But the body is capable of functioning with a dramatically reduced percentage of DHT. I've reduced mine by 90%+ and am doing fine.[/quote:767e4]

Jayman, we dont know the long term effects that it has when you reduce DHT in your whole body for a long time. or do you know about them?