Why Not Embrace Baldness? Isn't Baldness The Next Step Of Evolution?

g.i joey

Reaction score
[QUOTE="nahte42, post: 1557246, member]Just saying that over 90% of men DO in fact bald during their lifetime. So stop treating it like a horrible defect .[/QUOTE]

It is a horrible defect when most people start balding between 30-50 and you're 18 and showing signs ofnaggrassive male pattern baldness:... would you embrace your skin if it prematurely wrinkled as a 70 yo skin when you're 18? Is it really that simple? Embracing baldness at a young age isn't an option or a choice lol, stop trying to make it sound like that. @nahte42

Rudolphus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In fairness, I do think that there is something objective about baldness that is just intrinsically physically unattractive. I don't think it is culturally determined. Baldness simply isn't as objectively attractive as a full head of hair.

The fact is that the vast majority of men look a lot more attractive with hair than without. There are that small number of men who can pull off the bald look, but they are in the large minority. There's no point trying to argue that baldness doesn't negatively affect your physical attractiveness, because it does.

And as we all know, our success and fortune in this world is largely dependent upon how physically attractive we are. It is human nature for people to give preferential treatment to and be more disposed towards an attractive person than an unattractive person, even of the same gender. Studies done on babies under a year old have shown that the baby will be significantly more friendly and disposed towards an attractive person than an unattractive person.

Maxxorr

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In fairness, I do think that there is something objective about baldness that is just intrinsically physically unattractive. I don't think it is culturally determined. Baldness simply isn't as objectively attractive as a full head of hair.

The fact is that the vast majority of men look a lot more attractive with hair than without. There are that small number of men who can pull off the bald look, but they are in the large minority. There's no point trying to argue that baldness doesn't negatively affect your physical attractiveness, because it does.

And as we all know, our success and fortune in this world is largely dependent upon how physically attractive we are. It is human nature for people to give preferential treatment to and be more disposed towards an attractive person than an unattractive person, even of the same gender. Studies done on babies under a year old have shown that the baby will be significantly more friendly and disposed towards an attractive person than an unattractive person.
Ask any Girl about what is more important: character or looks. Every girl will tell you that character matters more!

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE="nahte42, post: 1557246, member]Just saying that over 90% of men DO in fact bald during their lifetime. So stop treating it like a horrible defect .

It is a horrible defect when most people start balding between 30-50 and you're 18 and showing signs ofnaggrassive male pattern baldness:... would you embrace your skin if it prematurely wrinkled as a 70 yo skin when you're 18? Is it really that simple? Embracing baldness at a young age isn't an option or a choice lol, stop trying to make it sound like that. @nahte42[/QUOTE]

Not a fair comparison. Old and wrinkled skin is not equivalent to a bald head. Far more women will rate bald guys attractive than they would a 25 year old who would have old, horrible skin.

Shaving your head and accepting it at a young age is absolutely an option, and many times the best option, even if not *ideal.* Obsessing over your hair situation can do far more damage than simply being bald if you let it affect the way you life life every day. I get it; this site is filled with a ton of users who can't accept baldness and do all kinds of things to fix their "problem." But I can also tell you many of these people have deeper problems beyond their hair.

I'm probably the model for some of the worst and fastest hair loss at the youngest age ever, but my life is still pretty decent. Sure, with hair I'd feel even more confident, but I've been lucky to have a good life. There are many people here who clearly unfortunately don't have good lives, regardless of their hair or lack thereof.

Rudolphus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ask any Girl about what is more important: character or looks. Every girl will tell you that character matters more!
I wasn't denying that, but being physically attractive does make a huge difference too. Hair loss will hugely reduce a man's physical attractiveness, and will be a big turn off for many if not most women.

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
More like a caveman trait, not the next step in evolution. Probably to a time when large brows and foreheads were considered an attractive masculine trait. Neanderthals were wiped out by humans f*****g them, who knows, maybe you're a bald loser because your great grandad x1000 fucked another species. After all, the X Chromosome is often blamed.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score

"Do as I say, not as I do"

Indeed, every b**** will tell you that! (while simultaneously going out with a fullhead Chad douche).

Again, don't look at what someone says, look at their actions. Therein lies the truth.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Why not embrace it you ask?

It's just a personal image thing for how I want to see myself when I look in the mirror.

Therefor, even if I was a multimillionaire dating victoria's secret models, if I was slick bald, I would still care.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Baldness next step of evolution ? Good post bro !

How about Down syndrome ? one of the most common genetic disorder...do you think this is the true next step ?

And no there won't be less baldies cause they can't get laid, stupid theory...actually numbers suggest the amount is still increasing and we don't know exactly why, weakened gene pool ? DNA damage caused by the environment ? Nobody knows for sure.

But one thing is for sure...in genetics, Recessive alleles tend to survive and pass to next generations, and dominant don't...this means you will likely pass flaws easier.
This shitshow disease can even jump generations, or start without any balding ancestors.

Hairs are on our scalp for a purpose you know, protecting our skin from Sun radiation, UVA and UVB...scalp skin is 100% of time exposed to it.
Number of squamous cell carcinoma and skin cancer amoung balding people is much more higher than full-headed ones.
My Norwood 7 father had one...on his scalp

Getting more cancers and higher deathrates doesn't seem so evolutionary to me....doesn't fit the "Survival of the fittest" Darwin and Spencer theory

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here it is, some Asgard for you

Genetic Disorder.jpg

Rudolphus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My view is that baldness is just one of those genetic glitches that doesn't really have any evolutionary purpose. It is just a flaw in the human design like so many other things. There are some theories that have been suggested about a possible evolutionary basis for it, but none have been proven and they don't seem very convincing to me. As another poster said, hair is there for a reason, and a bald scalp will be much more prone to serious sun damage including skin cancer than a scalp that is shielded by hair. That doesn't sound like much of an evolutionary advantage to me.

Maxxorr

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Do as I say, not as I do"

Indeed, every b**** will tell you that! (while simultaneously going out with a fullhead Chad douche).

Again, don't look at what someone says, look at their actions. Therein lies the truth.
What? Women are lying? Why would they lie about it?

abcdefg

Reaction score
Couldnt we just say why not embrace aging, and getting older. Maybe looking older then you really are is the next step in evolution. Why even sell wrinkle creams or anything cosmetic at all? Just accept it and hope it becomes the new normal. Dodging problems and avoiding them is a lot easier then trying to solve them or treat them
Its like all the people that criticize propecia. They tell us it has sides, its dangerous, and so on. Then we ask what else do we use and its silence.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
But why would they be afraid of coming off as shallow? Women are emancipated, full of self esteem. They are not afraid of critique.

Ah - ha. I get it now. You are in fact a troll.