Why no research on a better alternative for finasteride?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
You know what they say, good product sells itself? If it gave any worthy results they wouldn't have to manipulate the pictures at all. In fact, I would take the most straight-up, forward pictures and say: here! Look at this, this is amazing, you can clearly see it!

The fact that they have to resort to changing angles and what not tells me that their product is going to be largely 'meh'.

INT

Reaction score
What is the best treatment that is currently being researched that does not focus on regrowing but on preventing/maintaining?

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
What is the best treatment that is currently being researched that does not focus on regrowing but on preventing/maintaining?

Setipirant, ADC, CB-03-01, Replicel

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score

The best in potential or the best proven?

Proven = CB-03-01 because Androgenetic Alopecia is dependent on AR activation.

Potential = Replicel. If they manage to succeed in their hypothesis it will be extremely huge. I repeat again, extremely huge (in terms of prevention). It would basically mean a full preventative functional cure (not in terms of regrowth).

Any young kid could get the treatment and never worry about balding again or at least for a long period of time. Basically the hair follicles at the top would just behave as the hair follicles on occipital scalp.

INT

Reaction score
Setipirant, ADC, CB-03-01, Replicel

What is ABC?

- - - Updated - - -

Replicel does seem interesting...

But no oral treatments? I will always choose taking a pill over surgery or a topical solution since I have long hair.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
What is ABC?

- - - Updated - - -

Replicel does seem interesting...

But no oral treatments? I will always choose taking a pill over surgery or a topical solution since I have long hair.

"ADC" Is a stronger version of Setipiprant, both are oral drugs aimed at maintenance.

INT

Reaction score
"ADC" Is a stronger version of Setipiprant, both are oral drugs aimed at maintenance.

Doesn't seti increase body hair just as much as scalp hair? I am already seeing the first shoulder hairs at 25...

- - - Updated - - -

What success has ADC shown so far in clinical trials? Can't really find much to be honest...

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
The best in potential or the best proven?

Proven = CB-03-01 because Androgenetic Alopecia is dependent on AR activation.

Potential = Replicel. If they manage to succeed in their hypothesis it will be extremely huge. I repeat again, extremely huge (in terms of prevention). It would basically mean a full preventative functional cure (not in terms of regrowth).

Any young kid could get the treatment and never worry about balding again or at least for a long period of time. Basically the hair follicles at the top would just behave as the hair follicles on occipital scalp.

Wouldn't that be terrible for us if Replicel is a success? Most of us need both regrowth and maintenance. If maintenance is solved before regrowth than the market for regrowth will gradually shrink and there will be no need for it.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
Wouldn't that be terrible for us if Replicel is a success? Most of us need both regrowth and maintenance. If maintenance is solved before regrowth than the market for regrowth will gradually shrink and there will be no need for it.

Damn haha, never looked at it like that, I guess that's why we should get maintaining now!

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score

That's why I'm stunned by the passivity of the balding community right now.
It's like - for those of us in the beginning stages of hairloss - a new maintenance treatment now would be perfect, whereas years from now, it would be terrible. Who the hell is going to even bother developing a product for regrowth once a safe, reliable and 100% effective method of prevention is found - and why? Just to make a few thousand dollars off those last couple of baldies?

What's worse, you think hair loss is bad now? Imagine literally being one of the last few bald people in the world. Meanwhile we just keep waiting and taking it like "real men". In the end, the world's just gonna shrug us off and wait for us to die off in misery. Bet we'll wish we'd done more then.

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
Ultimately, the cure for this is going to, at some point, be a maintenance/preventative drugs. Let's just hope they figure out regrowth before that. Is SM the best we are going to get in terms of regrowth? Are there any other exciting drugs/regrowth focused on regrowth?

resu

Reaction score
Anti-androgens will only slowdown so regrowth will always be in demand. I doubt we'll be able to stop hair loss cold turkey with other type of therapies but would be great either way.

If we stop hair loss before regrowth then the only option would be cloning follicles because that will always have use, from people wanting to make clothes using cloned fur from wild animals, to brush makers that use natural fur hair to lost hair from other conditions and situations.

Fear not, if we stop hair loss totally then probably even weak regrowth treatments will boost efficiency since the follicles aren't under attack anymore.

David.G

Established Member
Reaction score
We are running out of time. I would like to be a guinea pig in these studies and just have them inject my head with anything. We cannot wait 5+ years for studies and trials. F that we dont have time to lose.