Why no Mention of Nanofat Here? Seemed to Work Very Well for Me

hinrgmike

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, new member here but long time lurker. Curious why no one here seems to talk about nanofat research and application for hair loss? I'm pretty impressed with the results so far at least!

Backstory, I've dealt with hair loss since 18 (now 53). Started finasteride back in 1999 when it was still quite off label and was glad to find a Derm that would provide it. Worked great until around 2012 when it began slipping, so switched to Dutaseride 0.5 then and got 2k FUT to front hairline to fill in. Worked good until 2019 and began slipping so added biotin, various shampoos and minoxidil 5% foam (night only). That helped but diffuse thinning of entire top (sides/back still fine) kept creeping along until Jan of this year (2021), I decided to try nanofat and then start laser cap (I-restore) and if that didn't work then go with more hair grafting. By Feb, saw some decent results and it just kept growing in thicker. I'm now in May (4 months) and like the results so much that I'm going to repeat end of June to see if it can keep boosting response.

Now, I can't be sure how much is nano and how much is laser cap, but from reading around and discussing with doctors, while cap probably helped intensify nano results, everyone seems to believe laser caps by themselves at best only contribute a little and even then take like 6months+ to really show what they can do. So it does seem the nano worked well. I only tried because of growing articles out there about the benefits of nano/adipose stem cells/SVF. I never did PRP because the results seemed so hit or miss and wasn't going to waste dollars on something that was shown to be hit or miss in so many already. Nano was also a risk but at least did not see alot of non-responder cases. So maybe I would have been a PRP responder after all or maybe I'm an exceptional nano/stem cell responder? In any event, nano worked so well so far, I doubt I'd ever try PRP.

I'm curious to see how long the results hold but realize eventually this may no longer be viable, in which case I'll move forward with grafts. Anyways, just wanted to share and hopefully others will look further into benefits of nano and progress in research on the stem cell front. Included some pic, all taken in same lighting/angle and 1 week post hair cut so hair length is equivalent.

Attachments

• Hair_Jan 2021.jpeg
    Hair_Jan 2021.jpeg
    167.2 KB · Views: 551
  • Hair_Apr 2021.jpeg
    Hair_Apr 2021.jpeg
    170.7 KB · Views: 553
  • Hair_May 2021.jpg
    Hair_May 2021.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 553

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
First picture is totally frauded. It looks like a huge bald spot but it's just the camera flash. There appears to be little to no difference between any of them upon close inspection

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First picture is totally frauded. It looks like a huge bald spot but it's just the camera flash. There appears to be little to no difference between any of them upon close inspection
Idk its kinda look better...

hinrgmike

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have a weird hair pattern, kinda like Mark Davis or Jon Gruden lol
Yep. And yeah, pattern IS super similar to Mark Davis. LOL. Instead of a part line from front to back, have a round "part" in center. I've had a few hair transplant surgeons look at it, and in next few years will fill in that area with FUT to shrink further. My diffuse thinning just slowly spread outwards from the center instead of front or back. So as the hair miniaturized, the whole top started to bald quickly. So at least glad to thicken the hairs I have back to normal to cover better.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, new member here but long time lurker. Curious why no one here seems to talk about nanofat research and application for hair loss? I'm pretty impressed with the results so far at least!

Backstory, I've dealt with hair loss since 18 (now 53). Started finasteride back in 1999 when it was still quite off label and was glad to find a Derm that would provide it. Worked great until around 2012 when it began slipping, so switched to Dutaseride 0.5 then and got 2k FUT to front hairline to fill in. Worked good until 2019 and began slipping so added biotin, various shampoos and minoxidil 5% foam (night only). That helped but diffuse thinning of entire top (sides/back still fine) kept creeping along until Jan of this year (2021), I decided to try nanofat and then start laser cap (I-restore) and if that didn't work then go with more hair grafting. By Feb, saw some decent results and it just kept growing in thicker. I'm now in May (4 months) and like the results so much that I'm going to repeat end of June to see if it can keep boosting response.

Now, I can't be sure how much is nano and how much is laser cap, but from reading around and discussing with doctors, while cap probably helped intensify nano results, everyone seems to believe laser caps by themselves at best only contribute a little and even then take like 6months+ to really show what they can do. So it does seem the nano worked well. I only tried because of growing articles out there about the benefits of nano/adipose stem cells/SVF. I never did PRP because the results seemed so hit or miss and wasn't going to waste dollars on something that was shown to be hit or miss in so many already. Nano was also a risk but at least did not see alot of non-responder cases. So maybe I would have been a PRP responder after all or maybe I'm an exceptional nano/stem cell responder? In any event, nano worked so well so far, I doubt I'd ever try PRP.

I'm curious to see how long the results hold but realize eventually this may no longer be viable, in which case I'll move forward with grafts. Anyways, just wanted to share and hopefully others will look further into benefits of nano and progress in research on the stem cell front. Included some pic, all taken in same lighting/angle and 1 week post hair cut so hair length is equivalent.
I am scarcely aware of this so I look to learn more. I do know that some of the benefits of Castor Oil topically and other true fats is that they might thicken the fat layers of the scalp which might more so approximate an XX growth environment. Is this different that sleeping with oils in our hair at night?

Best,
Janey

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am scarcely aware of this so I look to learn more. I do know that some of the benefits of Castor Oil topically and other true fats is that they might thicken the fat layers of the scalp which might more so approximate an XX growth environment. Is this different that sleeping with oils in our hair at night?

Best,
Janey
Janey you know that you dont have to mention your name at the end of every comment right?
We can see your username ....

Roey

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
The reason no one talks about it is because in NY, it’s 5000 for just the front, and 8000 for the entire scalp.. insane price tag

hinrgmike

My Regimen
Reaction score
The reason no one talks about it is because in NY, it’s 5000 for just the front, and 8000 for the entire scalp.. insane price tag
Totally agree. Even when I lived in NYC area I always travelled to other places with better prices. I went to do micro needling with PRP for face and everyone wanted $1k plus (per treatment!) as part of 3 treatment packages, or even more for a one off treatment. Here in DFW area it's easy to find that for around $300 per treatment. It's crazy they charge that much for what is essentially a fat transfer, albeit more processed and of course not really fat anymore once it's finally passed thru the nano (1mm) screens: no viable fat cells left but rather adipose stem cells and growth factors as part of the SVF. I ran into NYC first when looking for nanofat and just kept looking. There are places out there doing it for less. I came across at least 6 in US outside NYC area, although I'd tend to stay clear of California as well; not as bad as NYC but still can be pricey.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It appears to help, but it is a surgical procedure & as said price is crazy expensive. Might as well get liposuction & ask doctor to inject purified fat into scalp while he’s at it. I can see a $10,000 price tag.

hinrgmike

My Regimen
Reaction score

Best,
Janey
nanofat is not technically fat anymore. They remove manually liposuction a small amount of fat (roughly 20 - 40ml for entire top of head, front to back). It's then processed like fat at first to rinse it, remove blood, etc. Then it's passed thru multiple "screen" filters that are between syringes and they push it back and forth between those to separate the fat cells initially from clumps to individual cells, then the final 1mm (nano filter) is smaller than fat cells, so it ruptures all the fat. Hence, no true fat is left. The final product is the cellular materials, including high density of adipose stem cells (ASC) and stromal vascular fraction (SVF), which includes various growth factors. If you have ever seen or had fat grafting, the fat is very deep yellow color. But with nanofat, it's whiteish yellow. They can then inject it directly like that into scalp or mix it with PRP or PRF. I chose to just focus on pure nanofat.

Nanofat is supposed to work best on reversing/restoring hair that is thinning/miniaturizing, which is why some of the most spectacular pictures on internet are of females that had diffuse thinning and then dramatic reversal post. Supposed to work for regenerating hair as well, and have seen some good pictures of results. In my case, with diffuse thinning, I was hoping for the dramatic results. Results start slowly around 1 month, really get going around 3 months, and peak around 6 months. How long results last after that I've read and discussed with doctors, really depends on if there is ongoing treatment to suppress hormones, etc. So they say if you really want to maintain, then be on a regimen like minoxidil and Finasteride/dutaseride. There is one study that was focused on subjects not on any treatments that showed peak results at 6 months and partial regression at 12 months. So the nanofat continued to be of benefit but was starting to regress back without any supporting treatments to maintain scalp, which makes sense.

I'm only at 4.5 months now and will repeat again in a couple weeks to see if I can boost further while I continue with rest of my regimen (dutaseride 0.5, minoxidil 5% foam nightly, laser hair cap). In January and again in June, I'm also doing my under eyes with nanofat. Not for bulk as there is none with nanofat, but to improve skin color, texture, and tone.

A few here have commented on price, and it's true if you are focused on some of the splashy articles out of NYC in magazines like New You, a couple surgeons there that are doing this are charging between $5k and $8k (have not seen anything like $10k though!) to do full scalp, and includes mixing nanofat with PRP. Frankly, they are ripping people off at that price but understandably it's NYC area so prices are going to be on higher side. Net, it's really just fat grafting with some extra processing before injecting so it should not cost any/much more than standard fat grafting for equivalent area. Though in NYC, even regular fat grafting to face can run $4k - $6K, so I suppose it's not THAT much more in that context. Anyways, I just started looking around for other places in country with lower cost that had doctors doing nanofat injections, whether they mentioned hair or not and started picking up phone calling. There are only a handful of docs in DFW area doing nanofat but none are yet doing it for hair; in fact they didn't even know that was an application for use. I ended up traveling a ways. The dr I went to is not primarily focused on hair but does it as part of broader procedures. So not going to openly post their info here but if someone was very serious they could ping me privately and happy to share more detail. I can say, I paid WAY less than what people are quoting here; I saved some by choosing to go with pure nanofat and not mix in PRP. Note, if you fly in from somewhere, you need to plan though for plane ticket and would need to stay 1 night in hotel. The next morning I was able to wash and blow dry hair normally and once dry no one could see anything but my scalp was very sore and sensitive - and lumpy - for a few days. More sore was my abdomen where they removed 60cc of fat (for scalp and under eyes) and was wearing a binder for a few days. My abs were very stiff, sore, and bruised for a couple weeks, though smaller area than if one was doing full blown liposuction.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
nanofat is not technically fat anymore. They remove manually liposuction a small amount of fat (roughly 20 - 40ml for entire top of head, front to back). It's then processed like fat at first to rinse it, remove blood, etc. Then it's passed thru multiple "screen" filters that are between syringes and they push it back and forth between those to separate the fat cells initially from clumps to individual cells, then the final 1mm (nano filter) is smaller than fat cells, so it ruptures all the fat. Hence, no true fat is left. The final product is the cellular materials, including high density of adipose stem cells (ASC) and stromal vascular fraction (SVF), which includes various growth factors. If you have ever seen or had fat grafting, the fat is very deep yellow color. But with nanofat, it's whiteish yellow. They can then inject it directly like that into scalp or mix it with PRP or PRF. I chose to just focus on pure nanofat.

Nanofat is supposed to work best on reversing/restoring hair that is thinning/miniaturizing, which is why some of the most spectacular pictures on internet are of females that had diffuse thinning and then dramatic reversal post. Supposed to work for regenerating hair as well, and have seen some good pictures of results. In my case, with diffuse thinning, I was hoping for the dramatic results. Results start slowly around 1 month, really get going around 3 months, and peak around 6 months. How long results last after that I've read and discussed with doctors, really depends on if there is ongoing treatment to suppress hormones, etc. So they say if you really want to maintain, then be on a regimen like minoxidil and Finasteride/dutaseride. There is one study that was focused on subjects not on any treatments that showed peak results at 6 months and partial regression at 12 months. So the nanofat continued to be of benefit but was starting to regress back without any supporting treatments to maintain scalp, which makes sense.

I'm only at 4.5 months now and will repeat again in a couple weeks to see if I can boost further while I continue with rest of my regimen (dutaseride 0.5, minoxidil 5% foam nightly, laser hair cap). In January and again in June, I'm also doing my under eyes with nanofat. Not for bulk as there is none with nanofat, but to improve skin color, texture, and tone.

A few here have commented on price, and it's true if you are focused on some of the splashy articles out of NYC in magazines like New You, a couple surgeons there that are doing this are charging between $5k and $8k (have not seen anything like $10k though!) to do full scalp, and includes mixing nanofat with PRP. Frankly, they are ripping people off at that price but understandably it's NYC area so prices are going to be on higher side. Net, it's really just fat grafting with some extra processing before injecting so it should not cost any/much more than standard fat grafting for equivalent area. Though in NYC, even regular fat grafting to face can run $4k - $6K, so I suppose it's not THAT much more in that context. Anyways, I just started looking around for other places in country with lower cost that had doctors doing nanofat injections, whether they mentioned hair or not and started picking up phone calling. There are only a handful of docs in DFW area doing nanofat but none are yet doing it for hair; in fact they didn't even know that was an application for use. I ended up traveling a ways. The dr I went to is not primarily focused on hair but does it as part of broader procedures. So not going to openly post their info here but if someone was very serious they could ping me privately and happy to share more detail. I can say, I paid WAY less than what people are quoting here; I saved some by choosing to go with pure nanofat and not mix in PRP. Note, if you fly in from somewhere, you need to plan though for plane ticket and would need to stay 1 night in hotel. The next morning I was able to wash and blow dry hair normally and once dry no one could see anything but my scalp was very sore and sensitive - and lumpy - for a few days. More sore was my abdomen where they removed 60cc of fat (for scalp and under eyes) and was wearing a binder for a few days. My abs were very stiff, sore, and bruised for a couple weeks, though smaller area than if one was doing full blown liposuction.
Your search shows just how often folks who are not doctors or technicians, know more about baldness and treatments that are out there in a more or less experimental stage. Unfortunately, many such treatments tend not to prove viable for various reasons but as you show, compared to transplants or other expensive treatments, they are part of our took kit in the abstract. I am assuming this is not something that would ever need to be reversed because that is a benefit that transplants mostly lack except through "refinements" as they call them to remedy "baby doll" look that used to be the hallmark of many transplants, out there and visible for all to see. That's worse than being bald in my estimation because a person ends up feeling butchered and stupid, without much in the way of appearance to make it worthwhile.

jazz1

Reaction score
You mean NOFAP? Also what laser are you using? Results look amazing….

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know some women who did fat transfer & didn’t inquire much. So it’s legit. There’s a doctor about 3 minutes away who does fat transfer/Lipo.. Have to check his website to see if he does the hair/scalp thing. I have a feeling even if he doesn’t do it, he’s do it for right price.
BTW I read a bunch of HLF posts. I just ordered topical Dua & they’re sending 8 bottles. Ordered today…ordered before PM me if interested, I know some guys can’t find it.