• I don't know where to buy one

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters

imlosinit

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wondering why this section isnt more popular.

There are some suggested answers in the Poll above. Please vote!

If there's some other reason, please let me know.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the hairpieces can look fantastically good...I am talking with 2 young guys that are wearing and I can not believe how good it looks...it just makes a holywood star suddenly if you have a good face...seriously it looks great, I would post the pic of this guy but I can not do that.it's all about privacy. it is a viable option for sure if you hate the bald look, but the maintainance and the attaching or detaching is killing me pshicologically...

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
fortunately I'm not far gone enough to need a hairpiece (yet)

if and when the day ever comes I'll be coming to this forum for advice, since I've pretty much ruled out the transplant option.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because of lack of content on the rest of the site. And that will be changing soon. A web site needs content to draw the crowd. The forum participation is a byproduct of that.

Admin

imlosinit

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. Always looking for additional feedback, so vote/comment away.

I've seen some good results on TV personalities and have been tempted to go down this road.

Admin, I'm pleased to hear that some changes are afoot.

Noah

Reaction score
It's just this site, which is very oriented towards transplants and drugs, and has never treated hair systems as a serious option. Reading the editorial material about systems on this site would put you off the whole idea.

I won't name names, but there are several very active forums on the Web concerned with men's hairpieces. My impression is that they are far more accepted now as a viable solution than they were, say, 10 years ago, especially among guys under 35. I think people have become disenchanted with the mediocre results which most people get from surgery and medication, and at the same time the Internet has made high quality undetectable hairpieces far cheaper and less embarrassing to shop for, and has made information about how to order them, fit them, wear them and maintain them on a DIY basis readily available.

As I have said before, this site is missing the boat, and giving out-of-date information.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Noah you are 100% correct, and I have been remiss (honestly moreso swamped) to not include more information on it. If you have any interest in helping me build accurate content, let me know.

TheEscapist

Established Member
Reaction score
Not at the stage where I'd need one yet thankfully.
But to be honest, I'd rather just be bald than wear one.
For me, I would love and wish and pray to keep my hair or enough of it. But when it comes to dishonestly disguising my baldness with a wig, its just too far for me. I'm not a fan of misleading people (girls mainly) to believe I have more hair than I do, and I honestly just wouldn't feel any sort of self-confidence if I had to turn to wearing a disguise every day.
I understand some people feel differently, but I always figured the majority of men felt in some way similar, that if it isn't their own hair, and if they require a false body part to go outside, it just isn't worth it anymore.

Noah

Reaction score
Noah you are 100% correct, and I have been remiss (honestly moreso swamped) to not include more information on it. If you have any interest in helping me build accurate content, let me know.

Sure; I could do that. Tell me how I should contact you.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Escapist

That is a pretty common reaction, and I totally understand and respect it. But I have two comments on it.

First, anything you do to save or replace your hair involves an element of unnaturalness, whether it be concealers, surgery, drugs or hairpieces. In a perfect world we wouldn't care about being bald, which is a natural condition for a large segment of the male population. But we do care. The fact you are on this forum shows you care and are willing to contemplate "doing something". After that, the rest is a matter of degree. Most of us are a bit shamefaced about all of this stuff. We don't usually leave our minoxidil or the Toppik out where the girlfriend can find it, any more than our hairpiece glue.

Second, I accept that hairpieces are not for everyone. But I feel they are being undersold as a possible option, and that is distorting people's view when they come to decide what they should do. Today's lace hairpieces give an incomparably better looking result than 95% of transplants or drug regimes. They are cheap, relatively convenient, painless and reversible. Of course that has to balanced against the negatives. But it is important that people get a fair picture.

goingon24

Reaction score
Not at the stage where I'd need one yet thankfully.
But to be honest, I'd rather just be bald than wear one.
For me, I would love and wish and pray to keep my hair or enough of it. But when it comes to dishonestly disguising my baldness with a wig, its just too far for me. I'm not a fan of misleading people (girls mainly) to believe I have more hair than I do, and I honestly just wouldn't feel any sort of self-confidence if I had to turn to wearing a disguise every day.
I understand some people feel differently, but I always figured the majority of men felt in some way similar, that if it isn't their own hair, and if they require a false body part to go outside, it just isn't worth it anymore.

Yeah im sure other guys feel the same way about the whole *putting on a fake disguise* but if its just to socialize and not get a lady then I see no harm.

TheEscapist

Established Member
Reaction score
Sure; I could do that. Tell me how I should contact you.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Escapist

That is a pretty common reaction, and I totally understand and respect it. But I have two comments on it.

First, anything you do to save or replace your hair involves an element of unnaturalness, whether it be concealers, surgery, drugs or hairpieces. In a perfect world we wouldn't care about being bald, which is a natural condition for a large segment of the male population. But we do care. The fact you are on this forum shows you care and are willing to contemplate "doing something". After that, the rest is a matter of degree. Most of us are a bit shamefaced about all of this stuff. We don't usually leave our minoxidil or the Toppik out where the girlfriend can find it, any more than our hairpiece glue.

Second, I accept that hairpieces are not for everyone. But I feel they are being undersold as a possible option, and that is distorting people's view when they come to decide what they should do. Today's lace hairpieces give an incomparably better looking result than 95% of transplants or drug regimes. They are cheap, relatively convenient, painless and reversible. Of course that has to balanced against the negatives. But it is important that people get a fair picture.
In my personal opinion, I believe there is a stark difference between going to bed with hair on your head that grew there and is part of your body, and going to bed after removing a hair system. I agree that anything to grow more hair is unnatural, and believe me I hate that. But I would readily let my girlfriend know that I use Rogaine or Propecia if I still did. I'm not trying to fool anybody, I'm just trying not to go bald.
For me, its how much hair is left on my head, not how much hair people think is left on my head.

But again, thats all personal opinion, and why I personally have never considered the hairpiece route.

imlosinit

Established Member
Reaction score
I wish there were more before and after pics. I have seen some good results but those folks are on TV and perhaps, a face to face look at a wearer is completely different/detectable.

I'm surprised no happy hair system users have piped in yet.

Reaction score
Although I'm not in a position to need one yet, I would personally rather adopt the bald look than cope with the prospective shame of having a system fall off, or having to tell a girl in bed for the first time. I think the technology is there, but I just feel like the latter situation mentioned would be too much.

BillyGnosis

Reaction score
They can look good, but the problem is that wearers have often experience severe loss and their temple points have either gone or severely faded. Temple points are almost always overlooked, but they're an important detail. Non male pattern baldness people may not be able to pinpoint what is wrong about a guy with a thick templeless mop, but many will subconciously notice that there's something 'off' about it.

While I still have a lot of hair I'm thinning in a NW6+ pattern; I have a terrible head shape, big ears and weak facial features, so shaving or a buzzed horseshoe really won't be viable options for me.

So for me, it is something to consider as a last resort. I'd probably opt for a shorter style that doesn't draw too much attention to himself.