Why Is Wayne Rooneys Hair Transplant So Bad?

JJ2017

My Regimen
Reaction score
He's apparently had 2 or 3, and it looks like this:

http://www.beIgraviacentre.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Untitled-7.jpg

nintchdbpict000243108684.jpg

If he'd had one and it was just to restore his hairline i'd assume that he'd lost his non donor hair around it, but he's had multiple hair transplants.

cyrusthegreat@hotmail.com

Established Member
Reaction score
It wasn't this bad a few years back. Maybe he hasn't been taking propecia or dutasteride, which most surgeon recommend to keep non transplant hair. Or maybe his loss is just very aggressive.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I am guessing he didn't take his finasteride/dutasteride or the pills didn't work for him. Also, could be retrograde alopecia so losing those transplanted hairs anyway, but from the looks of it, his sides and back are still intact.

LeBron James had the same issue

g.i joey

Reaction score
I feel like this would be me if I got a hair transplant Lmaoo. My kind of luck, poor guy though

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
This guy had serious aggressive hair loss, like NW3-4 early twenties?

JJ2017

My Regimen
Reaction score
Rooneys hair is a downer, despite his success and wealth he's obviously still bothered by his hair. I also feel bad for him that he's had multiple surgeries and it still looks bad, God just does not want this guy to have hair

JJ2017

My Regimen
Reaction score
Another alleged footballing hair transplant: Antonio Conte

conte-montage.jpg

36456A0100000578-0-image-a-1_1468530858270.jpg

5780651762.jpg

He apparently had 3 transplants and got his final one done in Canada, his results look to good to me to be entirely down to a transplant though. Although, I have seen him with his hair moving around and if it's a hair piece it's very good one

CharAblaze

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Athlethes can't take Propecia as it masks dopping.
I also believe that he doesn't even use minoxidil as it fucks with your blood pressure a bit (also bad for sport).
So in order to hide his awful hair transplant, he just puts shitton of toppik on his head.
http://www.beIgraviacentre.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Wayne-Rooney-and-Hair-Loss-Concealer-Fibres.jpg

JJ2017

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is what happens when you go to a UK clinic guys. TAKE NOTE FFS.

Yer, I wondered about that. You always see the same Indian/Pakistani doctor giving the thumbs up next to some disappointed looking B lister 12 months after surgery

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yer, I wondered about that. You always see the same Indian/Pakistani doctor giving the thumbs up next to some disappointed looking B lister 12 months after surgery

I'm 100% sure the celebs manager is getting a kickback from these TV UK clinics charging 30 grand for 3000 grafts. They then proceed to tell them to use Toppik.

JJ2017

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's the other thing, every time a tabloid reports about a celebrity getting a transplant they always say the one procedure cost 30k. 5 minutes of research tells you that is way higher than the average transplant

JJ2017

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd heard about people wearing toppik for the after photos too, I don't understand why anyone who got a hair transplant that requires some filler for presentable after pictures would assist a doctor in tricking other people with their results

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd heard about people wearing toppik for the after photos too, I don't understand why anyone who got a hair transplant that requires some filler for presentable after pictures would assist a doctor in tricking other people with their results

Because the clinic pays them to do so or offers them a future free transplant. I've seen it mentioned before on forums.

JJ2017

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are there doctors with reputations for being ethical and just post the results as they were?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are there doctors with reputations for being ethical and just post the results as they were?

My rule is that the most important feature of a doctor is that there are a large amount of results online from both the clinic and forum posters, and both of them suggest that the clinic is of a high standard. Those on the IAHRS board of doctors are widely considered of a high standard and ethical and if too many negative results or evidence of bad practice occurs they will be removed. For FUT Hasson and Wong or Rahal, For FUE Erdogan and Lupanzula seem to consistently hit home runs.

JJ2017

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hasson and Wong come up alot, Turkey being quite a lot cheaper always makes me a bit skeptical

Last edited:

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hasson and Wong come up alot, Turkey being quite a lot cheaper always make me a bit skeptical

Expensive UK clinics are proof that price is not key. I'm going to Erdogan in Turkey for 2.5 Euro at 3600 grafts and from what I have seen he almost has more documented results than anyone and not a drop of negative feedback on forums. If I had the money I would have got an FUT with Rahal and dense packed 5000 grafts into the area, but Turkey is still far cheaper and some like Erdogan get phenomenal results.