why is there still no cure for hairloss?

MrClean1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He had good donor hair. I saved up for a North American hair transplant but even if they use body hair they can not guarantee that there will be any donor left to cover the crown.
I went to one of the best surgeons in the world and he wouldn't touch me. He said not thick enough in the donor area for FUE and it would look thin in the harvested areas when it was done. Some people have thick donor areas and respond well to medications but even if you have unlimited funds you still need the hair to move around.

Pacho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I went to one of the best surgeons in the world and he wouldn't touch me. He said not thick enough in the donor area for FUE and it would look thin in the harvested areas when it was done. Some people have thick donor areas and respond well to medications but even if you have unlimited funds you still need the hair to move around.
its over

royce gracie

My Regimen
Reaction score
ah yes - the moment women are affected it becomes one though right?
Androgenic alopecia does affect women and their treatment options are even worse. As much as I find it hard to believe, there is just not a big market for hair loss drugs. Even Propecia was never profitable for Merck. There is not enough financial incentive to cure hair loss which is why every treatment we have is a by-product of a pharmaceutical rather than the main objective. Kintor being the lone exception. We'll see if they pan out.