Why is propecia making me lose hair faster?

jason566

Established Member
Reaction score
same thing has happened to me jfrank we should keep in touch to see how we turn out..
I switched up to taking 1mg every other day now..so hope that helps but basically cougar has summed up my results...minus the 2-4 months not shedding much results..
yeh its gotten thinner faster while on propecia..no doubt..maybe iam shedding..just dont realize it..cause i was shedding bad before anyway..i could be shedding a little worse..which i believe iam actually..
there was 2 weeks after month 2 where i didnt shed really any hair..but only lasted 2 weeks..i was psyched during this time..but that stopped..i hope that happens again..

imsupercereal

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a 22 year old male with a light complexion and very fine reddish-blonde hair, been thinning since 17. I started applying minoxidil foam 1.5 years ago (Aug '17) twice a day, and then moved to once a day roughly a year ago. Rate of hair loss for this first year was the same as before I started treatment. 6 months ago (June '18) I added 1.25 mg generic proscar to my regimen, and since then my hair loss has gotten noticeably worse; I now have diffuse thinning all over the top of my head, in addition to hairline recession. I also have had pretty consistent right testicle ache since taking the drug (0/10-3/10 on the pain scale), and my body hair/facial hair have gotten slightly thinner. I added jojoba oil and vitamins K2 and D a few weeks ago, and I've also been using Nizoral 3-4 times a week for a year. Any suggestions? Worried I might have Reflex Hyperandrogenicity, which would suck ***.

JonnyGo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a 22 year old male with a light complexion and very fine reddish-blonde hair, been thinning since 17. I started applying minoxidil foam 1.5 years ago (Aug '17) twice a day, and then moved to once a day roughly a year ago. Rate of hair loss for this first year was the same as before I started treatment. 6 months ago (June '18) I added 1.25 mg generic proscar to my regimen, and since then my hair loss has gotten noticeably worse; I now have diffuse thinning all over the top of my head, in addition to hairline recession. I also have had pretty consistent right testicle ache since taking the drug (0/10-3/10 on the pain scale), and my body hair/facial hair have gotten slightly thinner. I added jojoba oil and vitamins K2 and D a few weeks ago, and I've also been using Nizoral 3-4 times a week for a year. Any suggestions? Worried I might have Reflex Hyperandrogenicity, which would suck ***.
Dude last post was from May, 2005...

Saher Hassan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cougar_20

hey Cougar_20, thats encouraging.. I started propecia 7 weeks ago (when i had decent hair)... but those 7 weeks have been the worst of my life.. temples thinned... i lost about 60% of my hair from the hairline... i hope it gets better from here.. im 26, and have been losing hair (noticably for 1.5 years too)
Any updates

James Carroll

My Regimen
Reaction score
well i havent had any good days
and my hair has just consistently got worse since i started finasteride..
my front is so thin i gotta wear dermatch to even go out in public and feel normal and confidant..or a hat
my shedding hasnt really increased on finasteride its always been bad for awhile now..its just that since i been on finasteride my hair has gotten thinner faster..is that still a propecia shed?
also there were 2 weeks were i lost hardly any hair..but that didnt last long..was between my 2nd and 3rd month
How is it now?

Reaction score
Propecia has demonstrated safety and efficacy profiles and that the product labeling appropriately describes the benefits and risks of the drug to help inform prescribing.