Why I would never wear a piece

marco75

Established Member
Reaction score
Pure and simple, you are balding then suddenly you have a full head of hair, everyone knows immediately. At least with meds regrowth is slow and not as noticable

shookwun

Reaction score
I think they ate great visual wise but when it comes being practical, and living life how you want I'd say it comes with limitations.

The biggest problem i have with them is bein around partners and getting intimate. Every day life style, from work to the gym isn't a problem, but when you get into a relationship I figure that where the big issues my arise. Need to tell your partner that you're slap head and wear a wig....

Just yesterday I went on a date, followed by bringing her back to my place for drinks. As soon as we got intimate, the kissing got agressive from full body contact towards her constantly rubbing and running her hands through my hair. More so the back and crown area. She was scratching my hair even so. As sh put it; this is a man's weak spot for pleasure

Don't get me started on going down on a women, she will run those hands and nails through your scalp and use the mane as leverage.

Thy will find out. Scary for young rug wearers. .. not so much the old geezers

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
When it comes to wearing a hair piece, I personally don't think it's good to focus too much on what everyone will think and know about using one. It seems like wearing a hair piece is one of those things that should only be done for one's self and not for anyone else.

One major down fall I've observed is wearing a hair piece isn't the most viable solution to hair loss. The thing is, what if someone is severely bald/balding and their donor and body hair is too poor to get a decent hair transplant, where would they turn to then?

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
The problem is that with today's treatments, there are major flaws with all of them. IMO, that is why you see so many bald men out there. None of these treatment are mainstream and I believe that if there was a truly mainstream hair treatment, the vast majority of hair loss sufferers would jump all over it.

I can see why some people wear a wig (although it will never be an option for me). I am part of a rock n roll scene and at least with a wig, people can get the rock star hair that they cannot get with a hair transplant. I know several rock stars who wear wigs for that very reason.

That being said, there are so many things wrong with wearing a wig that I could never wear one. Shookwun talked about some of them. I was out at a club a few weeks ago and my friend saw a guy who was wearing. He remarked how fake it looked and he and his friends laughed at the guy as he walked in to the club. At that moment, I'd rather be a man suffering from hair loss than a guy wearing a wig.

Noah

Reaction score
Some valid points there. I wear a piece myself, but I freely acknowledge they are not for everyone.

If you leave it till you are slick bald before you start to wear, then of course people will know. Some rug sites would have you believe that people will just not notice it - 'I can't put my finger on what Noah has done, but he looks years younger!' - needless to say that is BS. If you want to go under the radar you have to start before you are noticeably bald. However, the sort of people who are sufficiently concerned about being bald that they are considering a hairpiece are fretting about it well before that stage. The typical path is via heavier and heavier use of concealers until they are so messy and unnatural that a hairpiece is a better option.

As others have said, modern men's hairpieces are capable of giving a very natural and undetectable look, and they won't come off. However, I don't think any hairpiece wearer is very enthusiastic about people feeling around in their hair or pulling it. It is a lot of extra work to maintain a piece which is undetectable to sustained physical contact. A 10 minute encounter in the heat of passion is one thing, but for a regular sex partner you really have to man up and tell them, because there is a good chance they will discover sooner or later. For anyone who thinks it would just destroy them to have to fess up like that, hairpieces are not the solution for you. I will say this: the anticipation is worse than the reality. The frisson we feel is to do with our own sensitivities about being manly and not appearing vain, but others don't have the same feelings. I have had "the talk" a few times now, and the outcome has always been positive and less of a drama than we imagine in our head. Women in particular are pretty matter-of-fact about cosmetic fakery. Fessing up to wearing a piece feels no different to admitting you have a few false teeth, or you have had some hair plugs, or you use scalp make-up, or you dye your hair, or you go every month for a Botox session on your face. It's a downer, but in the grand scheme of things it's no big deal.