Why Don't You Guys Do A Hair Transplant?

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd rather take a slightly unnatural looking hair transplant (which shouldn't even be an issue with the right surgeon) over being bald.

I'm going to give treatments some more time to see how I respond, once I've exhausted my options I'll consider a transplant. The problem for me is I'm thinning heavily in a nw6 pattern but my hairline is still like nw1.5/nw2 so imo a transplant isn't a good option for me right now

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd rather take a slightly unnatural looking hair transplant (which shouldn't even be an issue with the right surgeon) over being bald.

I'm going to give treatments some more time to see how I respond, once I've exhausted my options I'll consider a transplant. The problem for me is I'm thinning heavily in a nw6 pattern but my hairline is still like nw1.5/nw2 so imo a transplant isn't a good option for me right now

U lucky bastard. I wish I was a diffused nw6 with nw2 hairline.

I wish I was a nw6 full stop!!

Mattias

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Mattias how old are you? Your hairline went from being way worse than mine to better than mine. I only am receded just a little bit (left temple slightly more than right) and it is not really noticeable besides to me, but your pics make it seem like getting a hair transplant is worth it. Congrats on the results bro!

Also guys hear me out, if you stay on finasteride or dutasteride I feel like you should be fine with a hair transplant because even if you do start to lose ground it's not like you're going to go from a NW2 to a NW5. If you start to lose a little ground on treatments then you can just get another hair transplant to fill it in. Your hair loss should stabilize sooner or later anyway.

Personally, I'm going to hold off on a hair transplant cause my hair is still thick and looks good and I also want to wait and see if Shisheido or Replicel is successful in the next couple years.

Im 29 years old. Thank you :). I started loosing hair quite early, it was getting really bad and hard to deal with at the age of 21-22 so i decided do to something about it . I went under my first hair transplant when i was 24 and my second just 3 months ago. The second one was to just lower my hairline sense we put it a little to high witch made my forehead look really big. Im now completely done with the hairline so all future grafts will go to the back.

I have a really good donor and a hair texture that demands lesser grafts/hairs to make it look thick. i have used 3500grafts in total and you cant even tell ive done anything looking at my donor. For me its like, why waste hairs in the back when you just can remove then and put it in the front and make so much difference, what good are they doing back there? :p.

So this is me 3 months post-op, just had a hair cut and im having my hair so it doesn't show the planted grafts so much in the front.

Attachments

• 2016-11-01 20.39.22.jpg
    2016-11-01 20.39.22.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 638
  • 2016-11-01 20.40.58.jpg
    2016-11-01 20.40.58.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 641

shookwun

Reaction score
Im 29 years old. Thank you :). I started loosing hair quite early, it was getting really bad and hard to deal with at the age of 21-22 so i decided do to something about it . I went under my first hair transplant when i was 24 and my second just 3 months ago. The second one was to just lower my hairline sense we put it a little to high witch made my forehead look really big. Im now completely done with the hairline so all future grafts will go to the back.

I have a really good donor and a hair texture that demands lesser grafts/hairs to make it look thick. i have used 3500grafts in total and you cant even tell ive done anything looking at my donor. For me its like, why waste hairs in the back when you just can remove then and put it in the front and make so much difference, what good are they doing back there? :p.

So this is me 3 months post-op, just had a hair cut and im having my hair so it doesn't show the planted grafts so much in the front.
Awesome.

I am thinking about lowering the hairline by 1/4-1/2 an inch and adding density all over on my next transplant. Wont be for another few years though.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shookwun I think I read in a previous post u r on finasteride yes?

How is your experience on it, any side effects?

What would your plan be, considering you've had a transplant, if you stopped using it (due to sides or whatever reason).

shookwun

Reaction score
Shookwun I think I read in a previous post u r on finasteride yes?

How is your experience on it, any side effects?

What would your plan be, considering you've had a transplant, if you stopped using it (due to sides or whatever reason).
I have been on finasteride for close to four years now, and don't plan on coming off.

When I first started finasteride, I experienced watery semen, but it eventually went away. It's full, and thick/white again.

Just going to keep getting transplants, and rape my donor till I have nothing left.

Worse case scenario I loose all my native hair, and I transplant a diffuse look all over. Shave... still have a frame/coverage

Win win situation.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on finasteride for close to four years now, and don't plan on coming off.

When I first started finasteride, I experienced watery semen, but it eventually went away. It's full, and thick/white again.

Just going to keep getting transplants, and rape my donor till I have nothing left.

Worse case scenario I loose all my native hair, and I transplant a diffuse look all over. Shave... still have a frame/coverage

Win win situation.

Ok cheers. Do u have any idea what Norwood u r meant to become without meds or hair transplants?

Also do u have a thread on your hair transplants? Like before and after pics? Cheers

shookwun

Reaction score
Ok cheers. Do u have any idea what Norwood u r meant to become without meds or hair transplants?

Also do u have a thread on your hair transplants? Like before and after pics? Cheers
Some where in the tell your story section.

I am mean't to be a norwood 5-7.
I mean.. I can still see the horse shoe lightening, where my sides and back are much darker then my top. I have been restored to a full head, but need more density.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
You mentioned before over harvesting your donor area, do you still think this is an option?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not much, De Reys said 1500 grafts.

So no, lowering the hair line or adding density is out of the question.

Those grafts have to be used for my crown once it's slick bald.

Is adding beard/body hair a possibility or sonething you'd consider?

Maybe use those 1500 on the hairline, beard to fill in the crown, and spread body hair throughout the scalp for density....?

shookwun

Reaction score
Theres a post some where around here from Dr.Cole stating that that Body hair has a higher rejection rate then beard hair.

it's not recommended to use body hair in a transplant. (chest,legs)

Beard hair

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
How many more grafts do you think you can get by over harvesting your donor are?
What would you use them for?

shookwun

Reaction score
I'd say 2000-3000 grafts maximum.

I'd use them for my crown which is almost bald now, even though shaving my head makes it less obvious.

I don't feel any pressure to have my second hair transplant, since I can't see my crown in the mirror.

Out of sight, out of mind, kind of. But you can be sure that at the first comment, I'm going to jump on that phone and book my second hair transplant.

I guess my height also helps make it less obvious that I have almost no hair back there.
Do your crown, and temple points.

T

tellersquill

Might be a silly question but, can you harvest hair from other peoples heads?

horunger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am just wondering for all of you here, why haven't you done a hair transplant? Most of you must really care about hair + how you look, that's why we are all here. And seems like everyone has tried most or all treatments, wasted a bunch of money, for years. Am I missing something?

Is it the cost? Sure it is expensive at around 8-10K, but it is generally a one time cost (maybe 2x) and doable if you save up. If you buy a ticket to another country, cost is only 4-5K all in.

Is it the risk of side effects? I know there is some initial shock loss, but from what I've heard it always grows back right? So far I have no heard of any hair transplant with hair that doesn't grow back. If you go to a crappy doctor if might look weird, but so far no other sides I can think of?

Is it intrusive? Seems like fairly minor compared to other surgeries.

Is it recovery time? Seems like recovery is fairly painless and quick? I've heard of scars and what not being no longer noticeable after a few days, some people go back to work the next day? Am I wrong here? Do you have to shave your entire head?

Is it scarring? Seems like with FUE scarring is minimal? At least it's not noticeable?

Is it waiting for a better option/treatment/cure? From what I heard a transplant shouldn't interfere with future treatments right? Plus there is basically nothing promising on the horizon, I have been following new treatment news very closely for 10 YEARS and NOTHING. I would bet my left nut that NOTHING significantly better will come out in the NEXT 10 YEARS. This seems like the best option for guaranteed effects NOW.

Seems like half of hollywood men have done it, and they look great.

I would love to hear the reasons why people haven't done a hair transplant, which is basically a permanent, low maintenance, semi-cure.

My hair loss is getting aggressive, I plan on trying minoxidil for 12 months and if that doesn't work I might just jump ahead to a hair transplant. Even minoxidil gets me a bit worried about the sides.

Would love your thoughts, thanks.
I seen men with "my" type of thin blond hairs doing transplants and the results are horrible, even ridiculous looking.
This is the guy from norway who took his case to court, look at that, whats the point of a transplant with a result like that? These are the kind of results the clinics want to keep secret, and its not uncommon.
871480.jpg

Do you still think that hair transplant is so great for everyone?

Edit: The guy in the photo had TWO transplants.

Schitz Popinov

Established Member
Reaction score
Haha ye, you will LOOK like sh*t for a good 2 months. Going to look like a science experiment.

Not 5... that's pushing it

2 months? Are you sure? Most of what I remember reading seemed like at least up to half a year. Hell, Brian Urlacher said he had to wear a hat for almost 12 months.

For me, the ugly duckling phase is the scariest and not knowing what % of it will be rejected. Then there's the fact that I have to get on finasteride for the rest of my life.

Last edited:

biddybomb

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I seen men with "my" type of thin blond hairs doing transplants and the results are horrible, even ridiculous looking.
This is the guy from norway who took his case to court, look at that, whats the point of a transplant with a result like that? These are the kind of results the clinics want to keep secret, and its not uncommon.
View attachment 44728
Do you still think that hair transplant is so great for everyone?

Edit: The guy in the photo had TWO transplants.
thats bad. I just want to know if worst comes to worst I could pay out my *** to get results like bradley cooper, I mean seriously he has the best hair transplant I have ever seen.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Money isn't the problem. Donor reserves, hair shaft diameter, remaining hair and response to anti androgens are.
If you tick the right boxes then of course you can get a BC quality hair transplant.
Ugly duckling is awful, had my hair transplant in August and 3 months later I have lots of little hairs on my hairline but I've got some comments recently asking about it, and it's difficult not to worry about the final result...