Why Don't You Guys Do A Hair Transplant?

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For me it's just the fear that my donor is too small compared to my balding area. I would love to know how your head looked from the top prior to the transplant @FredTheBelgian.

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
The only thing I'm really worried about at this point is the redness in the scalp. How am I going to explain that. I can't wear a hat 24/7

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice cope. Once you start losing it, theres rarely any way back with treatments. Only a very small minority is able to get their recession back to its original state and thickness. And to postpone a transplant to rather wallow in misery because there MIGHT be a possible cure in the "near" future is just being plain delusional. I would however start out with treatments at first and opt for a hair transplant later if needed.

I myself am considering getting one done next summer.

Lol @ not getting a transplant because it won't match the "natural" look of The Cure In 5 years™

I'll be getting a transplant regardless if something comes out or doesn't. None of these treatments which may come out in the next 2-3 years are going to achieve the same density and cosmetic impact of a transplant into the frontal third. None of them are bringing my slick bald temples back to 50cm². They will just be a boost for the rest of my hair, and hopefully long term maintenance so I won't need further transplants.

Last edited:

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
And everyone's else's opinion on guys heading for a Norwood 7. What would you? If you weren't on meds?

Just do what Fred did. Rape your donor covering as much ground as possible, most important thing is having some sort of hairline that frames your face. Will have to accept thin density and bald crown if destined for NW7.

I don't know much about SMP, but it seems to me if you have very limited donor and want to try the Fred shaved head route, low density transplant for 3D effect + SMP to make it look more full might be a solid option

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
If it ever were to actually get to the point that I was coming down to my last bit of donor with large gaps to fill in, I would start utilizing my beard hair and this excess body hair I have for density

shookwun

Reaction score
let's just continue being bald, miserable, living under hats and strategically sprinkling toppik on our scalps.

After my transplant I no longer sweat, get upset, and rekt havoc on getting the right comb over. I don't avoid water activity, and getting together with women anymore. I live my life.

Stop thinking the short term, look in the long term of your investment. 10,000-30,000 (3 transplants) over the course of 10 years is NOTHING.

Do you seriously think 1,000-3,000 annually is a lot :rolleyes:

I get to enjoy a full head of hair, and don't have to worry about the agony involved with having a balding head.

PRICELESS.

This isn't the 80's and 90's.. you can expect a good result if you see a good surgeon. it's all about strategically planning, and mapping your hair loss. We can all bald gracefully through medication, and transplants worse case scenario.

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
let's just continue being bald, miserable, living under hats and strategically sprinkling toppik on our scalps.

After my transplant I no longer sweat, get upset, and rekt havoc on getting the right comb over. I don't avoid water activity, and getting together with women anymore. I live my life.

Stop thinking the short term, look in the long term of your investment. 10,000-30,000 (3 transplants) over the course of 10 years is NOTHING.

Do you seriously think 1,000-3,000 annually is a lot :rolleyes:

I get to enjoy a full head of hair, and don't have to worry about the agony involved with having a balding head.

PRICELESS.

This isn't the 80's and 90's.. you can expect a good result if you see a good surgeon. it's all about strategically planning, and mapping your hair loss. We can all bald gracefully through medication, and transplants worse case scenario.

Missing out/stressing uncontrollably over water activities is the worst for me. With my longer hair on top, my hairline combover is my crutch. The second I jump into water it's game over.

shookwun

Reaction score
Missing out/stressing uncontrollably over water activities is the worst for me. With my longer hair on top, my hairline combover is my crutch. The second I jump into water it's game over.
God, I don't miss those days one bit.

Constantly getting out of the shower every single day, strategically tooth combing my hair strand by strand over the temples, Hair spraying.

Sometimes having to do this twice a day. Getting so lit up, angry, frustrated to the point where I wanted to punch a wall when I couldn't get my comb over the way I wanted it.

Cutting my own hair, looking like sh*t because I didn't want to see a barber.

Always avoiding getting intimate with women, because I didn't want to expose my bald sh*t tier head as a teenager-early twenty student. I had a big social circle, and knew a lot of people. Last issue I wanted to deal with is a women finding out I am balding, and word getting around.

I DONT AVOID activities, and seeing people based on my hair.

Always making sure my hair was combed over before seeing someone.

Why the f*** would I want to limit my self from my full potential.... in the best years of my life. I am in my prime,

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just do what Fred did. Rape your donor covering as much ground as possible, most important thing is having some sort of hairline that frames your face. Will have to accept thin density and bald crown if destined for NW7.

That's what I would do if had high sides like Fred. That's why it works well. What happens when not only do the sides drop but also go backwards? Do you connect them or not?

Ive yet to see a surgery where temple points and lateral humps have been rebuilt that look good when shaven down. They only look good when grown out and blended in with the surrounding hair

shookwun

Reaction score
If anything for us baldies, we can benefit from thinning out donor.

I constantly need to get a fade so I don't look like a retard. dense sides, and back yet the top is thinning

growssj3

Established Member
Reaction score
First, its tough, cuz I am a diffuse NW3. Just missing densitiy in the front part and extremely thin in temples. Lots of doctors told me its difficult. So It sounds weird but I still have too much hair I guess.

Second thing: I am afraid really. Its a decision for the rest of my life.

Third thing: I will look like sh*t for at least 5 month, everyone will ask me my friends my colleagues. I will be always that transplant guy

shookwun

Reaction score
First, its tough, cuz I am a diffuse NW3. Just missing densitiy in the front part and extremely thin in temples. Lots of doctors told me its difficult. So It sounds weird but I still have too much hair I guess.

Second thing: I am afraid really. Its a decision for the rest of my life.

Third thing: I will look like sh*t for at least 5 month, everyone will ask me my friends my colleagues. I will be always that transplant guy
Haha ye, you will LOOK like sh*t for a good 2 months. Going to look like a science experiment.

Not 5... that's pushing it

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
My sides remain pretty high, but the back my head... it goes very far back. But yeah I'm pretty much a NW6.

I'm not really on medication, well only on minoxidil now.

I'm thinking about adding stemoxydine and adenosin, not really to treat the male pattern baldness area (all hope is lost for that), but to make sure that my transplant stays in place.

I'm really getting paranoid about potential donor thinning. I'm trying to hang on until we finally get those new treatments.

But I think it's stupid to postpone a hair transplant indefinitely because we might have better treatments in a few years. At a point, it's unhealthy to remain bald and miserable.

I agree about postponing because of new treatments. Ive read threads that date back 15 years plus with guys excited about new treatments and nothing came. I'm not really up to date with the latest ones you guys are talking about so they may well be more promising but who knows what will happen

But that isn't the reason I'd wait for hair transplant. It's the fact I'm heading for nw7.

Let me give you my specific situation and see what you would do. I am 29 having been steadily losing since 18/19. I am probably nw3/4ish. But on one side there is a clear nw7 pattern.

Now because I have slowly lost this hair over the last tens I don't expect to lose the rest for another 10 plus years.

I won't ever touch stuff that messes with my hormones again. Stuff like min is fine. So what would you do?

To me the difference between nw6 and nw7 is huge because of the lateral humps and the skill to replace them.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
for me the only issue is that hair transplant look really not natural . even if surgeon have made huge progress , hairline and temple transplant are not natural at all . with the reddish line

dunno

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hair-transplantation-pictures-left-172773.jpg

Yeah, id rather take that natural hairline.

shookwun

Reaction score
First, with a top surgeon, it will look natural.

Take the examples of Joe Tillman or Spex, don't tell me you could tell if you didn't know they had hair transplants.

Second, look at the picture of Michel Fugain I posted. This is unnatural as f***, yet most people would say that they see nothing wrong.

Poor excuse in my opinion.
Not only that, no good surgeon who sees and advanced baldy with limited donor is going to massacre there front with grafts then let them bald every where else.

it's all about mapping it out strategically.

f*** cares though. At least you get to live your life and enjoy it.

We buy time

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
hair transplant look good inpicture but not so much in real life . I know you are belgian so you certainly know matt pokora , his transpnat is unnatural as f*** .
Most hairline trasplant are far from perfect , and for the lower norwood , i would rather stick with duta , propecia and minoxidil and wait for the cure .

shookwun

Reaction score
hair transplant look good inpicture but not so much in real life . I know you are belgian so you certainly know matt pokora , his transpnat is unnatural as f*** .
Most hairline trasplant are far from perfect , and for the lower norwood , i would rather stick with duta , propecia and minoxidil and wait for the cure .

Seen tons of videos of people in strong lightning outside taking videos post transplant.

Looks fine.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fred what would you do if your sides did go down? Would you just keep it shaved like you do now or try to connect them?