Why dont us guys just get a hair peace put in?

m.gibson

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Im a little intrigued as to what peoples opinion about this is.

I have a friend who has a hair piece. He uses some glue to put it on and is required to take it off and shave his hair every few months (hair that grows under the peiece. It looks totally natural and he even washes it and applys gel to it.

So im actually thinking about doing this as well. What do you guys think? Hes not using any medication and has NO side affects at. Therefore what your opinion guys? It costs him 700 pounds a year.

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
[youtube:1hqebvu2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrJeUsJhnak&feature=channel[/youtube:1hqebvu2]

Noah

Reaction score
I am in my mid-twenties and have been wearing a hairpiece for several years now. It is not entirely without its problems, but I have found it a good solution to my hairloss and I think others would too if they tried it.

The problem is that there is so much misinformation, like the previous post. The Japanese guy losing his piece when he nods his head is making a joke guys! No real hairpiece wearer goes out with his hairpiece just sitting unattached on top of his head. Nowadays there are special very strong adhesives for wigs and hairpieces. You can skydive or scuba dive or do martial arts in a hairpiece with no worries. There is absolutely no way a properly attached piece is going to come off, even if pulled on hard. The hair might come out, or you might lose some scalp, but the piece will remain in place. So if you see one just blow off or fall off in a movie, remember guys, that's a joke, not real life.

The other piece of misinformation is that the average person can spot the average hairpiece. That is bollocks. A well designed guy's hairpiece if properly cut in, maintained and replaced regularly is pretty much undetectable to the average Joe. Us bald guys know (because we spend so much time on sites like this) that Brendan Fraser, Ben Affleck, Matthew Maconnaghey, Dan Abrams etc. all wear hairpieces, but the vast majority of their female fanbase is blissfully unaware. In the 3 years I have been wearing a piece no one has ever detected my piece visually. Now achieving undetectability to the touch is a different matter, and is a real issue for a young guy like me who is still dating. But undetectability to the sight is not a problem for someone who is willing to take a bit of care.

I posted a bit more practical info about wearing in the nearby thread on wigs.

Noah

CCS

Reaction score
For me it is the trade offs. If I just go buy a piece it is unlikely to match my hair, even if I give them samples and specify anything. I complained to coolpiece, and the owner said the pics looked close enough to him. No exchanges. After being out $300 for trash from supposedly the best company, I've decided not to buy another hair piece from anywhere until I know I have money to burn.

The problem is most hair piece places are too cheap to spend an extra buck on shipping to ship a bigger hair sample to the factor. And the people at the factory are weak at English and only read checked boxes. So all the explaining you write on your order form will fall on deaf ears.

If you spend a lot, and buy from multiple places, you can finally get a piece that is a perfect match, and then should ask them to duplicate it.

Finally, there is the trade off between looking your best, and feeling most real. So unless you are really bald, it might not seem worth it to cover only slightly thin hair.

jake1980

Established Member
Reaction score
m.gibson said:
Hello Everyone,

Im a little intrigued as to what peoples opinion about this is.

I have a friend who has a hair piece. He uses some glue to put it on and is required to take it off and shave his hair every few months (hair that grows under the peiece. It looks totally natural and he even washes it and applys gel to it.

So im actually thinking about doing this as well. What do you guys think? Hes not using any medication and has NO side affects at. Therefore what your opinion guys? It costs him 700 pounds a year.

mr gibson

where in the uk are you . if your thinking of wearing my be worth going to bahairapparent convention its a good day out all free with lunch theres cut in demos lots of people who wear system and them whos just want to see whats going on . its on may 29 th starts at 9am