Why Does Tape A Half Inch Behind The Hairline Help With Hairline Lifting?

esc2000

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is tape just a better adhesive for some reason than glue?

Why is tape directly on the hairline not as good as tape slightly behind the hairline with glue on the actual half inch of hairline? I believe Noah does this.

Does this method nearly completely remove the hairline lift issue in between de/res?

Thanks!

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did this when I was exposing my hairline. It does not remove the hairline lift issues, it's to minimize the amount of glue you need to use, and makes the hairline redo, at least for me, much easier.

The problem with tape directly on the hairline, that even with the no-shine tapes, if you expose a graduated hairline with a low density (mine was 70%) you can still see the tape, and the line of the lace does not "sink into the glue"... like with, ahem.... glue.

I also think it helps anchors the front, against tension from pulling or brushing the hair back, at least I saw that when I used that method and pulled my hair back in a ponytail.

Lift is always a problem, and the more your hair gets brushed back, etc, the more it's a problem. The idea is that if you have a very narrow band of glue, it's a quick redo. I used to take me about 15-20 mins to lift, wipe down, re-apply, wait and press.

Noah

Reaction score
It just takes the pressure off the hairline glue, particularly when you are sleeping. Strong tape is definitely stronger than glue, but is too visible for an exposed hairline. With this arrangement the tape is taking all the strain, and the hairline glue is only supporting the narrow glued area itself.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
It would probably last longer than glue. Walkers makes "No Shine, Ultra Hold" countout tapes in all of the hairline shapes. You can give them a try.