Why does my hairline itch more when doing physical activity?

Yespar

My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't even have to be much activity. For example, after sitting still at my desk or on the couch for an hour or two, and then getting up and walking around, suddenly my hairline itches like crazy. It usually starts getting better after a few minutes. The more intense the physical activity, the more it itches and the longer it lasts, or so it seems.

I must admit that I don't get a lot of physical activity, especially not since the pandemic. Could this be a sign of poor blood flow? I would think that the biggest difference when going from sitting still to moving around is a sudden increase in blood flow. I thought this was generally a good thing for hair growth, but it sure doesn't feel like it...

shoegazing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The only part of my head where the itch is unbearable is the top/crown. Not always though. Usually after I workout or when I spend 2 days + without washing it

shoegazing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm using a shampoo that appears to be slowly alleviating the itchiness/redness

jazz1

Reaction score
You could be suffering from male pattern baldness....... You losing hair and what are you using for the hairloss....

Try adding Ketaconazole or Regenepure DR is a great shampoo and see how that works for you.

Yespar

My Regimen
Reaction score
You could be suffering from male pattern baldness....... You losing hair and what are you using for the hairloss....

Try adding Ketaconazole or Regenepure DR is a great shampoo and see how that works for you.
Oh I am for sure suffering from male pattern baldness, and I know it itches in the areas where I'm losing hair. I already use both Nizoral and Regenepure DR.

I was just wondering why the itching gets worse when I am physically active, especially after a period of sitting still. Might give me a clue on how to counter the hair loss.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Oh I am for sure suffering from male pattern baldness, and I know it itches in the areas where I'm losing hair. I already use both Nizoral and Regenepure DR.

I was just wondering why the itching gets worse when I am physically active, especially after a period of sitting still. Might give me a clue on how to counter the hair loss.
Your hair produces more oils and sweat. You could be scalp sensitive to those changes. Especially if you use hair products for thickening.

Yespar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair produces more oils and sweat. You could be scalp sensitive to those changes. Especially if you use hair products for thickening.
It could be that, but I think it happens too quickly. If I get up from behind my desk my hairline starts burning within 5 seconds. That'd why I thought it must be related to blood flow.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It might be a reaction to increased perspiration which contains NaCl which is something that tends to sting greatly in wounds or flesh that is inflamed.