Why Does Male Pattern Baldness Exist?

Homeboy88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seriously i don't get it. Why does it exist?

I read somewhere because it signals to men that their skirt chasing days are over? I started losing my hair when i was only 19 years old so that is just bullshit.

Everytime i see a bald guy i die a little inside because that is me in a couple of years and i feel inferior/so angry when i am around guys my age who dont have to deal with this

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

I read somewhere because it signals to men that their skirt chasing days are over? I started losing my hair when i was only 19 years old so that is just bullshit.

Everytime i see a bald guy i die a little inside because that is me in a couple of years and i feel inferior/so angry when i am around guys my age who dont have to deal with this
Maybe its life testing you to see how mentally stable you can become. Obviously, most can't cope.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score

I think it is because human evolution was reached also by high differentiation between faces (and heads)

http://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms5800

Morphological and population genomic evidence that human faces have evolved to signal individual identity
Received:
17 April 2014
Accepted:
24 July 2014
Published online:
16 September 2014
Abstract
Facial recognition plays a key role in human interactions, and there has been great interest in understanding the evolution of human abilities for individual recognition and tracking social relationships. Individual recognition requires sufficient cognitive abilities and phenotypic diversity within a population for discrimination to be possible. Despite the importance of facial recognition in humans, the evolution of facial identity has received little attention. Here we demonstrate that faces evolved to signal individual identity under negative frequency-dependent selection. Faces show elevated phenotypic variation and lower between-trait correlations compared with other traits. Regions surrounding face-associated single nucleotide polymorphisms show elevated diversity consistent with frequency-dependent selection. Genetic variation maintained by identity signalling tends to be shared across populations and, for some loci, predates the origin of Homo sapiens. Studies of human social evolution tend to emphasize cognitive adaptations, but we show that social evolution has shaped patterns of human phenotypic and genetic diversity as w

If we were all handsome, human evolution might have been slower.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothing new, according to the book DHT is the key.... I doubt it because DHT is present in hair scalp years before puberty.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Nothing new, according to the book DHT is the key.... I doubt it because DHT is present in hair scalp years before puberty.

They dont know anything. They are just saying DHT because merck and propecia has proven this theory out, and its the best we have at the moment.
male pattern baldness is like an onion, and DHT is like the outermost layer. We all know onions have many many layers
IMO no one knows why male pattern baldness exists. It just does, and there is no easy way to fix it.

Homeboy88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I almost have enough money for a hairtransplant, but i am a bit worried if it botches and it costs a lot of money.

Or i can buy a gaming pc and never leave my house

Dsport

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"LIFE IS MESSY".

I heard a pastor say this once. And this fits the bill.

Hair loss is the plague of men trying to get established in career and life.

For women it is probably being born butt ugly.

In both these scenarios it was lifes great "equalizer".

The high school jock bald at 40, and the cheerleaders got fat and ugly.

That kind of archetype.