Why Do People Leave The Crown To Thin And Bald?

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
99% of transplant patients I have seen all have frontal work done. In the mean time the crown continues to thin leaving eventually a bald spot.
I even went for a consultation and the consultant looked great from the front. Then I got up to get a drink and saw his crown, totally bald. It just looked weird having a hairline of a 25 year old and a crown of an old man.
So why do people just leave the crown alone? Why not get front and crown done at same time.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
99% of transplant patients I have seen all have frontal work done. In the mean time the crown continues to thin leaving eventually a bald spot.
I even went for a consultation and the consultant looked great from the front. Then I got up to get a drink and saw his crown, totally bald. It just looked weird having a hairline of a 25 year old and a crown of an old man.
So why do people just leave the crown alone? Why not get front and crown done at same time.
Some people don't have enough donor, money or both to get both done.

SeanFUE

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Crown really is the black hole. It eats a lot of donor grafts. If you have extensive work in frontal zone, you probably will not have enough donor for crown. Besides, most folks look at you from the front and not the rear. More folks are self conscious about those wandering eyes towards the hairline. Crown can also be covered up by toppik or concealers so most folks may not bother.

avocado67

My Regimen
Reaction score
Crown really is the black hole. It eats a lot of donor grafts. If you have extensive work in frontal zone, you probably will not have enough donor for crown. Besides, most folks look at you from the front and not the rear. More folks are self conscious about those wandering eyes towards the hairline. Crown can also be covered up by toppik or concealers so most folks may not bother.

Well said. Also, the hair line has significant affect on your looks since there needs to be equal proportionality in three regions:

1. distance between chin and bottom of nose
2.distance between bottom and top of nose
3. distance between top of nose and hairline

With a very high hairline or no hair line, the face loses significant proportionality; consequently, the face is less attractive. Therefore, for enhanced looks, the TOP priority should be the hairline.